Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-16-18, 08:50 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Yvette Bachman on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/user/YvettesTotalFitness/videos

I couldn't find the original thread where her youtube channel was brought up, but I didn't have to work today so I tried one of her hour-long workouts, and it kicked my butt!

Great music, not too many reps, not too many repeating moves, really challenging but doable intensity, and a full hour of tough stuff. I'm excited to try more of them, kind of a combination of Cathe, KCM, Horizontal Conditioning all rolled into a sweatfilled hour!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-18, 09:21 PM  
Dontmindthemess

I’ve been doing Yvette’s YouTube workouts the last couple of weeks and I’m totally obsessed with them. They are so fun and really sweaty! I usually do Cathe and these have been a great addition. There’s a lot of variety too- Step, Kettlebells, sliders, medicine ball, there’s even Bosu workouts. I love that she has low rep/ heavy weight work. Also, I burn a ton of calories doing these!! If you like Cathe Live you’ll like these.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-18, 10:07 PM  
upperwside

I have been doing a lot of her workouts.. I love all of them!! She's my second go to.. next to Cathe!!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-18, 12:27 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

2lazy4thegym has reviews of several of Yvette's workouts - she likes them a lot too!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-18, 10:21 AM  
wendug

YouTube keeps recommending Yvette's workouts to me. I've previewed several and they look TOUGH! I've been too intimidated to try one, but I'll have to give in and give one a go! Anyone have a favorite of her workouts to recommend?
Old 02-17-18, 11:20 AM  
AnMrsDe

I'm another one who has to sing Yvette's praises!!! I've been doing her workouts this month and they are so much fun!! Today's workout burned 567 calories!! Even though most of her workouts are 60+ min., she usually takes a break around the 30 or 40 min. mark so you can always stop early during her cardio workouts. (I am just doing the cardio focused workouts since I'm doing Beast for my weight training this month).

wendug, All Out Cardio Step/Kickboxing (70 min.) is super fun. It has good music and starts out pretty easy but it gets harder as time goes on! I wore weighted gloves until the short weighted kickboxing segment at the 60 min. mark. I used 3#'s, as my arms were toast by that point! She does some fun cardio using the step in this but mostly very athletic moves. Loved this class and provided me with major endorphins this morning!!

Also, there's been some requests to do 30 min. classes and Yvette said she is going to do those as well as share her nutrition advice. Yay!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-18, 12:20 PM  
Maybelle

Her workouts look great but looking at the titles, the weight work seems to be splits and I prefer total body. For those using them, do they feel like a full body cardio and weight workout or are they as focused as the titles say? Thanks for any input or suggestions!
Maybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-18, 01:32 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I was totally intimidated too, but I figured I'd just give her a try and see how much I could do. I find I take some more water breaks and modify the higher impact a bit but gosh she is a ton of fun, and I've burned about 575 in each hour long one I've tried. I really liked the same step/kickboxing one as mentioned and I also liked the cardio with biceps and legs/core with 30 sec intervals and 10 sec recovery. I wish she had some 45 min ones, but for free workouts these are great!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-18, 03:17 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I love her workouts! To be honest I only do about half of the hour long workouts, and that's enough for me right now, especially since I do about 15-20 minutes of other work beforehand. They are great HIIT workouts for me right now. I need to get used to doing these more athletic type workouts (been on more of a barre rotation lately). I love the music, her easy cuing, and her choice of exercises.
Old 02-17-18, 08:48 PM  
mrsyancy

Yep I love her workouts. I’ve been doing them pretty much since she started consistently putting them on YouTube. I like her demeanor and she keeps things moving. And I love the variety.

Tags
youtube, yvette bachman