Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-04, 09:24 AM  
RovinUSA
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L
I like the Gin Miller quote in someone's signature: "If you're going to have a big butt, have a GREAT big butt."

That is great advice. I have really learned to accept my butt in the last few years. With exercise, and wearing flattering clothes, it doesn't look too bad. Maybe it's the current JLo butt craze, I don't know, but I don't feel as badly about my rear as I used to. Now I am more worried about my peri-menopausal pooch lol!

I carry a genetic endowment of fat on my butt and thighs, and there's no way I'll ever see a muscle in these body parts. I do keep up with a variety of lower body exercises, however, for strength and endurance. Ice skating has done the most to slim my thighs. It's the backward and outward pushing from the hip that does it.

I carry the same thing. Say, have you ever tried ramping? I've been getting really good results from this - firming and shaping without increasing size of the glute and quad muscles, or creating 'spongebob butt' lol! I wonder if it is the pushing off the ramp that does it, similar to the pushing off motion in skating...

The recent issue of FITNESS magazine has some butt-shaping suggestions for different goals. For my broad bottom, they suggest backward leglifts with no weight.
I thought that was a good article too! I'm going to add those rear leg lifts into my lower body routine. Gin does some in her ramping workouts, but I want to do them three days a week.

Shelley
RovinUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-04, 10:08 PM  
Seabush

Oxygen Magazine mentions talks about new book for building better buns. It's called the Butt Book - a personal and professional guid to shaping your rear.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
Seabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-04, 11:24 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchenlabs
I had Callanetics and traded it because it bored me to tears. I think I saw where it is coming out on dvd soon, so I'll take your advice!
Since you've already seen the video and found it dull, why not get the book instead? You'll recognize the exercises from the video, and will be able to do them on your own -- that's what I do! I don't bother with the "complete body" Callanetics exercises, just the ones that work my legs and butt, so it ends up being a really quick routine (and I don't follow Callan's recommended number of reps, either -- I just do what works for me.) The original Callanetics book is good, and I like the Callanetics Countdown book, too.

If you want to see the video again as a refresher course in the technique, your local library might have it.

PS. I wish I could LMAO, too!

Susan
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote