Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-18, 09:20 PM  
DCW

Results from Essentrics..

I would say I am functionally stronger. I can reach and bend over easier. My tweaky back is an after thought.

Physical results for me is redicovering my genetic physical type. My legs look toned and have muscles with definition. I don't get bulky even when I lifted weights. I swear Essentrics got me the flatest toned tummy.

I sit straight and don't slouch. My posture has improved. This type of exercise allows me to feel good and to do other types of exercise.

My goal is to retain mobility, flexibility and strength/stamina . Essentrics works for me.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-18, 06:48 AM  
Rhonda

how often and how long (minute wise) do you do essentrics. I love my yoga and wondering if I try essentrics again would it be beneficial if I did yoga one day/essentrics the next/etc?
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-18, 07:40 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Those of you asking how often to do Essentrics....really it's up to you. The program is so versatile.

It depends on your goals. If you're using the program for strength goals, I'd do the toning workouts and alternate with stretchier programs like the stretch series, ultimate stretch, pain relief episodes, etc.

If you're using Essentrics as recovery, then finish off your other workouts and add a stretchier workout.

I'd include Essentrics at least 3X/week or more. There are so many benefits of this program. You all know your bodies....see how you feel.

My story was my traditional workouts and intense classes were causing me a lot of pain. I was afraid of dialing down my workout...but also sick of hurting all the time. I haven't looked back. All I do is CS/Ess, Ellen, walk, occasional yoga.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-18, 05:49 PM  
DCW

My routine is a Classical Stretch episode every day in the morning. . Miranda is so cheerful and she starts my day off right. Tropical scenery keeps me sane in the depths of winter. I love Sahra's BSS because of the water view and beautiful sky.

Twice a week I take a boot camp and so between boot camp I definitely do stretchy episodes. Now that spring/summer is here I walk. Once it becomes horribly humid hot I will do an hour episode in the evening. My goal is 90 minutes of exercise daily. I have a desk job so I sit A LOT.

One of my sisters prefers the stretchy episodes. My other sister is starting out and uses season 12. Their routine is 3x a week.

You will discover a routine that works for you.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-18, 07:25 AM  
JessicaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
One of my sisters prefers the stretchy episodes. My other sister is starting out and uses season 12. Their routine is 3x a week.
Why? Is Season 12 more toning oriented? If so, I may want to get it. Currently, I don't own any classical stretch beyond season 10. I am currently working through season 10 for the first time and I am LOVING it for it's challenging episodes that consist of really effective strengthening exercises. This is unlike many previous seasons that I have tried.
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-18, 07:33 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW View Post
Why? Is Season 12 more toning oriented? If so, I may want to get it. Currently, I don't own any classical stretch beyond season 10. I am currently working through season 10 for the first time and I am LOVING it for it's challenging episodes that consist of really effective strengthening exercises. This is unlike many previous seasons that I have tried.
Season 12 is all the new theories of "relaxation is the new strengthening". It is definitely more of an entry level season...lots of beginner workouts.

9 and 10 are very toning oriented. Lately I've been doing Season 6 and just love it. I have a lot of favorites in that season. and some are challenging.

If you don't have BSS or the new BSS2, those are great toning based workouts.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-18, 07:49 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I keep reading how wonderful essentrics is. I have tried 2-3 times but just can't get into it. Maybe I am not getting the full theory behind it. I like Sahra more than Miranda and I keep thinking maybe if I try the new ladies I will like it.

Why do I do this to myself?
Oh Rhonda, I could have written your post. I just can't seem to like it, much less love it, and I don't know why. I want to love it, I really do. I have most of the seasons as well as other Essentrics DVDs.

Essentrics Pro(s), what is the secret to loving this method of exercise?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-18, 08:04 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Oh Rhonda, I could have written your post. I just can't seem to like it, much less love it, and I don't know why. I want to love it, I really do. I have most of the seasons as well as other Essentrics DVDs.

Essentrics Pro(s), what is the secret to loving this method of exercise?

Carol
I'm not a "pro" but I think you eventually just "get there." Right now I'm combining this with HSM and I'm loving it. I have a mental block of not being able to rest and for me, this is perfect. I get movement, but on my "rest" days I'll pick a lighter, stretchier workout and I feel great. I've moved, but not stressed myself. On my "workout" days, I'll do one of the new BSS2 ones, or one of the tougher essentrics workouts.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-18, 08:17 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Has anyone done CS season 9? I really like the looks of this one. http://www.essentrics.com/page/produ...S_SEASON_9.htm
Ugh just watched season 8, that looks good too

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-18, 08:46 AM  
killoffsonny

Yall are killing me here. I can't make up my mind. I got a gift certificate to amazon recently and I know I'm getting BSS2 and a stretching one. But I want one of the seasons also. Decisions decisions

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, miranda esmonde-white, sahra esmonde-white, season 11