Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-30-13, 04:06 PM  
marmact

While all of this is true, I have yet to do one workout from the virtual site! That just goes to show me that I'm just not set up for the streaming thing. It's too inconvenient for me to bother, I guess. (Long live DVDs! )

We did buy a Smart TV recently, but I don't work out in that room. My DH is sweet and wants to replace my workout TV, but it's really new, so I hate to do that already. So, maybe someday...
Old 10-30-13, 07:08 PM  
mmjam

Approximately how long are the virtual workouts?
mmjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 04:01 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjam View Post
Approximately how long are the virtual workouts?
They are various lengths. I've seen it from 30 something to 40 something minutes. One thing that bugs me about the workouts is that he does the warm up then takes a few minutes after the warmup to explain the exercises and sets that are coming up. That drives me nuts! Once I'm warmed up, I want to go! It also adds time to the workout which for me isn't good because I try to keep my workouts short as possible. I do like the constant reminders on form and I like his voice. There is also lots of variety in the workouts! And some are core, lower and upper body intensive. I think that if you don't mind the extra talking and can afford it, it's a good deal.

Last edited by suegy3; 11-05-13 at 08:59 PM. Reason: spelling
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 06:18 PM  
suegy3

I'm glad that I was able to try this out for $1 but I decided that it's not for me. Even for the $1, I'm not motivated to do these workouts. I tried but I'm just not feeling it.
Old 11-07-13, 06:38 PM  
s2546

i agree- i cannot get into streaming workouts and i love to work out at home. one of the reasons that i continue to support DVDs. don't want them to disappear

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 06:46 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
i agree- i cannot get into streaming workouts and i love to work out at home. one of the reasons that i continue to support DVDs. don't want them to disappear

sue
I think for me it's more the workouts and not the fact that they're streaming. I could be a little of both but it's definitely more because of the workouts.
Old 11-07-13, 06:57 PM  
MelissaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
I'm glad that I was able to try this out for $1 but I decided that it's not for me. Even for the $1, I'm not motivated to do these workouts. I tried but I'm just not feeling it.
My thoughts EXACTLY! I tried these twice and found them to be very similar to Skogg at Home, which I wasn't thrilled with either. Too much talking, demo-ing, & time wasted. Not crazy about the grayness of the set; I like brighter looking sets (helps to wake me up at 4am). I like the workouts in original Skogg System, but not Virtual Skogg or the at Home workouts. It didn't help that I was one month into Kettlebell Kickboxing and really liking them. Maybe if I was in a rut I would have had a different opinion of the Skogg's.
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 08:48 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaR View Post
My thoughts EXACTLY! I tried these twice and found them to be very similar to Skogg at Home, which I wasn't thrilled with either. Too much talking, demo-ing, & time wasted. Not crazy about the grayness of the set; I like brighter looking sets (helps to wake me up at 4am). I like the workouts in original Skogg System, but not Virtual Skogg or the at Home workouts. It didn't help that I was one month into Kettlebell Kickboxing and really liking them. Maybe if I was in a rut I would have had a different opinion of the Skogg's.
Ditto on the bold part! He talked way too much! At least if it was a dvd, I could skip to the next chapter. It was annoying.

And I totally could have written the part about Kettlebell Kickboxing! I'm loving it too and Skogg just brought me down from my high. I'm going back to Kettlebell Kickboxing and adding in the new sandbag workouts. And I'll add in Pat Flynn's kb complex maybe once a week.

Tags
kettlebells, skogg, virtual skogg