Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-21-18, 08:01 AM  
Sara1000

Has Anyone Done All 5 Miles Of the Miracle Miles DVD

I mean the 5 Mile disc. I have done parts of it for variety as I love using the Stretchy thing, but doing the whole thing at once seems like it would be a real stretch for me.

How would you classify the level - maybe Advanced if you do the whole workout?

Also, I get bored after 1-2 miles - do you get bored and just keep going anyway?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-18, 10:33 AM  
rhbrand

No, I've not done all 5 miles. Mainly cause I tend to start getting a little like "is it over" with any cardio after about 45-50 min.
Old 03-21-18, 10:44 AM  
zoegirl

I did the whole thing, one time. It was a little long for my attention span, but it was a good workout, with lots of variety (for Leslie, anyway ). I usually pick and choose 2 or 3 miles from that disc, as I seldom have that much time. The band helps to break up the monotony and adds some intensity.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-18, 09:28 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
No, I've not done all 5 miles. Mainly cause I tend to start getting a little like "is it over" with any cardio after about 45-50 min.
For me it's 30 minutes. I realize I like walks that are timed rather than measured by miles.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-18, 04:00 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i actually did the entire 5 miles last month on a Sunday. i used 1# soft weights and these plastic 1# plates when we weren't using the band. it made it a little more interesting.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-18, 06:51 AM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i actually did the entire 5 miles last month on a Sunday. i used 1# soft weights and these plastic 1# plates when we weren't using the band. it made it a little more interesting.
I'll try that.

I'm gathering from this thread that not many of us can tolerate 5 miles of Leslie at once. Too bad because I would really like to walk five miles. I used to be able to do that or more outside without any preparation but I would have to work up to it now. The Leslie miles seem like a good way, if it weren't for the boredom factor.

Walking outside can be boring too, but you can listen to a book or music etc.
Old 03-22-18, 07:59 AM  
Cher

I did the whole thing once also. I usually have a 2 or 3 mile tolerance before boredom sets in. I did it on a weekend and started out thinking I would just do the first 3 miles. When i finished that I thought, well I'd try one more mile. When i got to Mile 5 I just decided to finish it....since I had a little extra time. That was a rare occasion though for me to think like that and haven't done the whole thing again since then.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-18, 08:17 AM  
wendug

I don't have the Miracle Miles set, but I have done Leslie's Advanced 5 mile walk many times. I like this workout because it moves faster than her other workouts and each mile is different (different clothing and different focus), so it helps combat the boredom. This workout can be done in about an hour, which is about my limit for Leslie.
Old 03-22-18, 08:53 AM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I don't have the Miracle Miles set, but I have done Leslie's Advanced 5 mile walk many times. I like this workout because it moves faster than her other workouts and each mile is different (different clothing and different focus), so it helps combat the boredom. This workout can be done in about an hour, which is about my limit for Leslie.
Is that the one where she has a black outfit on the cover, or the one with the white outfit and stretchie bands?
Old 03-22-18, 09:19 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
Is that the one where she has a black outfit on the cover, or the one with the white outfit and stretchie bands?
The one with the black outfit. This one-

https://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sanson.../dp/B003E6YGKM

Tags
miracle miles