Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-16, 10:18 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I have dropbox but don't know how to use it very well. Is there a way to download straight to dropbox, do you know? I'm obviously guessing here that maybe you're using dropbox for your cloud.
I know that some vendors/instructors give you the option to download their videos directly to Dropbox but I have never used that option. I like to download to my computer, scan it for viruses, get it to the right size and quality (if needed) and then upload to my Dropbox. I use my Dropbox as my personal cloud where I can stream or download videos to my devices.

I'm at the point where I can't stand having the DVDs cluttering the house so I've been converting my favorite workouts/instructors to digital and putting them in my cloud. I don't share any of my videos stored in the cloud except with my immediate family members. If I do share with a link, I password protect the link and put an expiration date on it.

Earlier this year, I was using another cloud service. But then I realized I was getting numerous downloads of my videos and most of the videos I never shared the links. That's when I took every off of that service and subscribed to Dropbox's 1tb service which is more secured.
Old 04-24-16, 04:32 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Cheri, Handbrake does take up alot of computer resources. I almost can't do anything else on my computer when I'm converting on Handbrake. It took me a few years to get the hang of things but now I pretty much just take the easy approach and try to keep it simple. Feel free to PM me if you feel like giving Handbrake another try.
Thanks. I may see what I can do with it.
Old 04-24-16, 04:33 PM  
cherimac

I tried Dropbox. I got the downloads there on my desktop. I downloaded Dropbox on my iPad. But even though I used the same ID/Password, the Dropbox would show up empty. So I gave up and deleted it. Again, I'm SO not a tech person.
Old 04-24-16, 08:18 PM  
mbcatac7

Planning on doing the TIU Bikini challenge. I don't plan on buying the Beach Babe 4. I currently do crossfit about 3 days a week, I am wanting to add in with this for hopefully ultimate results.
Old 04-25-16, 09:46 PM  
Coastal Girl

Thanks for your replies!

Good luck to all that are doing the BS 2016 Challenge! I'll be doing it, mostly for the exercise portion to keep me going. I love summer challenges to keep me on track with my workouts I won't be doing the IG thing or the check-in on the TIU site but If anyone wants to start a check-in for it here let me know

Meg
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 06:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Can anyone explain to me exactly how the challenge works? I'm a little confused.

I see the Week 1 Schedule, and for example, for Monday, it says:
5 Moves from the Daily Workout
Mermaid Routine
Rock Your Body (Paid content)

and you are supposed to pick 2 or all 3 of those and combine.

For Tuesday there are 4 things listed, and you pick 2 or 3 of them, etc.

Here's where I get confused - the Booty Call. Is the Booty Call (15 or 20 minutes of exercise first thing in the morning) in addition to the 2 or 3 items from the day's list? Or do you use stuff from the list for the Booty Call?

More questions - will I be able to access the Week One schedule say 3 weeks from now when I finish up my 28 to Great Barre3 program? I suppose that the selected 5 moves from the Daily Workout will change each day, but it doesn't matter which set of those I'm doing each day?

Clear as mud?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 02:59 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Can anyone explain to me exactly how the challenge works? I'm a little confused. ...

... Clear as mud?

Carol
That's pretty much how I felt! I can't figure out the instructions either. Although I got to the point thinking the morning Booty Call is separate and in addition.

I like K+K for their energy and enthusiasm, but maybe I need a bit more caffeine to figure out their workout system.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 03:52 PM  
pcramer

They have a daily workout tab on their page

https://www.toneitup.com/daily-workout/

You can just log in and work your way down the list. I believe any cardio can count towards the 100 or 150 by summer, so 40 to 45 minutes of cardio would be 3 miles.

Last edited by pcramer; 04-26-16 at 03:52 PM. Reason: spelling : )
pcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 04:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcramer View Post
They have a daily workout tab on their page

https://www.toneitup.com/daily-workout/

You can just log in and work your way down the list. I believe any cardio can count towards the 100 or 150 by summer, so 40 to 45 minutes of cardio would be 3 miles.
Yes, I get that. But is the "Booty Call" a separate set of generic activities, or just a shorthand way of referring to doing some of the prescribed workouts first thing in the morning?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 04:53 PM  
pcramer

I believe Booty Call, is doing the prescribed cardio workout in the morning

Tags
downloadable workouts, downloads, karena and katrina, tiu, tone it up