Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-15, 10:48 PM  
NotThatGirl

Well I just completed my first workout and I am really happy with them so far. I just finished Beach Arms and am about to do Coconut Core & Booty followed by their inner and outer thigh workout from the last Bikini Series and then the Stretch and Release. I like the music in these because it is pretty low key and unobtrusive. The other thing they seemed to fix (at least in this one video) is you can actually hear Karena. One of their dvds (I think it's the 2nd one) the music is too loud to hear them in some spots. That didn't happen once in this video. The scenery is beautiful and the cueing is pretty good. So far I am a happy girl

I'll come back and edit my post with my opinions of the other workouts...if its super late for me (which is probably will be) I will edit it in the morning!

Ok...so it's more like the afternoon or even early evening for some - sorry about that!

I really liked the Coconut Core & Booty workout. I liked combining both ab and butt work without having to do two separate workouts even though I am totally ok with doing that 99% of the time. Last night I didn't really have the energy to workout so I appreciated hitting both groups in one workout. I am pleasantly sore today. Like Sue I agree that arm workout is probably not enough but combined with something else works really great. I also liked the stretch too.

I'm happy with the workouts so far and am glad I got them as I am a sucker for a set on the beach

For context, Tone It Up is as far into more traditional toning workouts that I go (I am mostly Ballet Beautiful and Tracy Anderson type stuff) and they are really the only dvds in my collection like that...that is why I am happy with my purchase. I also would say these are beginner/intermediate. Pretty doable in most places and something to work up to if you are working your way back into fitness.

Last edited by NotThatGirl; 04-06-15 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Adding on
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-15, 08:57 AM  
SuzieC

I'm actually interested in the nutrition plan. Can anyone who has it comment on whether you think it is a valuable purchase? If this is against the rules (to discuss the plan here), please PM me to let me know what you think about it.
My eating has been all over the place lately, and I really think I need a meal plan (with recipes my family will like for dinner!) to keep me on track.
Thanks.
Suzie
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-15, 10:46 AM  
momofcha

I did Beach Arms and the stretch release as well. The Arms one is only 15 minutes and I added it on to the CLX Push workout I finished this morning. It was a nice finisher. As a stand alone it would never be enough, but I liked it well enough after what I did. The stretch felt nice.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-15, 05:18 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
I'm actually interested in the nutrition plan. Can anyone who has it comment on whether you think it is a valuable purchase? If this is against the rules (to discuss the plan here), please PM me to let me know what you think about it.
My eating has been all over the place lately, and I really think I need a meal plan (with recipes my family will like for dinner!) to keep me on track.
Thanks.
Suzie
*hope I am not breaking any rules, sincerely not trying to*
I have it and while I am happy with it, I don't know if given the opportunity I would buy it again if I had it to do over. That being said, it did help give me "rules" to help me make better choices about what I was eating when I was in the same place you are now. I knew almost all (like 99% of it) of the info that was already in there but I am a superfreak about food and nutrition (I read books on the subject for fun and love every minute of learning about it, most of my daily blog reading revolves around this too). I think some of it is common sense but I know when I was in college and my early 20s I would have really loved having the TIU plan and knowing all the things that are in there.

When I talk about "rules" they are really more like guidelines, easy to remember things that really help me make better food choices. I have had the plan for a couple years at least and I still use those little tidbits in my food making decisions. They help give me structure with meal planning. I don't use a lot of the recipes but truthfully, I skip around a bit between my most favorite cookbooks, some blog recipes and salads and smoothies when I am especially lazy.

As far as something you would like your family to enjoy...I wouldn't say the recipes are really geared toward that but I don't know what your family likes to eat. I can PM you with some more specifics and answer any other questions that might be against the rules that you might have.

Real quick...I think a big part of the $150 price tag is the community which I have to say is amazingly sweet and supportive. I haven't ever really taken advantage of it but it is so neat how nice everyone is to each other. People are always checking in and asking questions about the plan like how to adapt certain recipes and how plan ahead better. If you think you would use that it might be worth considering (there are all ages of women on there too). I also like the lifetime updates (can't wait for their newest update for the Bikini Challenge!).
Old 04-07-15, 07:40 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
*hope I am not breaking any rules, sincerely not trying to*
I have it and while I am happy with it, I don't know if given the opportunity I would buy it again if I had it to do over. That being said, it did help give me "rules" to help me make better choices about what I was eating when I was in the same place you are now. I knew almost all (like 99% of it) of the info that was already in there but I am a superfreak about food and nutrition (I read books on the subject for fun and love every minute of learning about it, most of my daily blog reading revolves around this too). I think some of it is common sense but I know when I was in college and my early 20s I would have really loved having the TIU plan and knowing all the things that are in there.

When I talk about "rules" they are really more like guidelines, easy to remember things that really help me make better food choices. I have had the plan for a couple years at least and I still use those little tidbits in my food making decisions. They help give me structure with meal planning. I don't use a lot of the recipes but truthfully, I skip around a bit between my most favorite cookbooks, some blog recipes and salads and smoothies when I am especially lazy.

As far as something you would like your family to enjoy...I wouldn't say the recipes are really geared toward that but I don't know what your family likes to eat. I can PM you with some more specifics and answer any other questions that might be against the rules that you might have.

Real quick...I think a big part of the $150 price tag is the community which I have to say is amazingly sweet and supportive. I haven't ever really taken advantage of it but it is so neat how nice everyone is to each other. People are always checking in and asking questions about the plan like how to adapt certain recipes and how plan ahead better. If you think you would use that it might be worth considering (there are all ages of women on there too). I also like the lifetime updates (can't wait for their newest update for the Bikini Challenge!).
Thank you! I decided to purchase the bundle, including the nutrition plan.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 09:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi-

Is anyone planning on doing the Bikini Challenge that starts on 4/13? I looked at past challenges and they do look a bit cardio intensive, but I have been feeling the need for more cardio (esp. steady state stuff like run/walk/bike) to reduce stress.

I'm curious to see what they put out for this challenge!

Although I admit, I feel like a granny when I see them in their cute swimsuits!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 04:25 PM  
muffins135

Which dvd series would be the one to buy?
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 09:14 PM  
momofcha

Anyone else do any? I finally got my DVDs today & I previewed the booty one. It looked good & im looking forward to doing one tomorrow. I wish they gave more detail on what is in each workout, but I will find out soon enough I guess

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 10:11 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135 View Post
Which dvd series would be the one to buy?
It looks like the workouts will come from either the 2nd or newest dvd and the rest will be specific bikini series workouts that will come out during the challenge.
Old 04-11-15, 05:31 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
It looks like the workouts will come from either the 2nd or newest dvd and the rest will be specific bikini series workouts that will come out during the challenge.
I was just coming back to post this. It's definitely a departure from the previous Bikini Series.

Tags
beach babe, tiu, tone it up