Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-12, 04:47 PM  
Sharaz

I do apologise if this sounds a bit harsh, I've tried to make it not so, but I don't understand why it can't be both. I want to be pretty and healthy.

Me too
Old 04-15-12, 04:51 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I follow them on Youtube, too, and I've never thought that their form is good, so I would never buy their DVD.
Thanks Debbie, that's was my main concern. The set at the beach is very nice, but is the form is bad...I dismiss it
Old 04-15-12, 05:01 PM  
edensmom

I did buy it, hoping it won't be too easy. Honestly the main reason was because of Hawaii. This is also one of the main reasons I love Gilad.

I really don't think they are trying to be sexy in the clips. I think they want to look like they are having fun. JMO.

As far as their form, I am aware of proper form, even if they aren't(!) So I am unlikely to injure myself by following their example.

And I like being pretty too! I want to look good in my clothes, in my shorts and my swimsuit too (if I ever have a reason to wear it.) For me, it can definitely be about both, health and beauty. Actually for me, stress release is a huge reason I work out. But I guess it can be hard to be pretty if you are super stressed, JK, haha.

Who knows, maybe I will love these, or not. I also bought Dream Body, and Ballet Body Core, and Figure 30 Hips, all last week. I bought every thing my little heart desired, now to see how they all work for me.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 05:06 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I did buy it, hoping it won't be too easy.... I also bought Dream Body, and Ballet Body Core, and Figure 30 Hips, all last week. I bought every thing my little heart desired, now to see how they all work for me.
All right, we fully expect you to ROCK your bikini this summer, and we want pics!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 05:07 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
I did buy it, hoping it won't be too easy. Honestly the main reason was because of Hawaii. This is also one of the main reasons I love Gilad.

I really don't think they are trying to be sexy in the clips. I think they want to look they are having fun. JMO.

As far as their form, I am aware of proper form, even if they aren't(!) So I am unlikely to injure myself by following their example.

And I like being pretty too! I want to look good in my clothes, in my shorts and my swimsuit too (if I ever have a reason to wear it.) For me, it can definitely be about both, health and beauty. Actually for me, stress release is a huge reason I work out. But I guess it can be hard to be pretty if you are super stressed, JK, haha.

Who knows, maybe I will love these, or not. I also bought Dream Body, and Ballet Body Core, and Figure 30 Hips, all last week. I bought every thing my little heart desired, now to see how they all work for me.
Please let me know when you receive your copy about their form. Is not that I want it perfect. My concern is if the workout look unprofessional and disorganized. Something like a really messy form.
Old 04-15-12, 05:08 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
All right, we fully expect you to ROCK your bikini this summer, and we want pics!
Whoops, I bought Figure 30 BUTT...
Hahahaha!!! I am so modest I don't know if I could EVER post a pic of myself in my bikini no matter how great I looked!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 05:12 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
I don't want this any more - (like for my own reasons), but I think though, we do have to remember that sure, they look all whatever, and they are rolling around in the sand, in teeny weeny bikinis - but there are a LOT of girls who would like to look like that.
Of course, why not? As I said, I think they're an adorable duo, with lots of fun videos from all over the place. Personally, I don't think they're playing to guys, but trying to empower girls. Sure they're sexy but cute-sexy, not cheap-sexy.

My issue was with form and rep counting. (I'm talking about Karena. I though Katrina was absolutely fine and is in all ways the better and more professional of the two.) Unfortunately it was distracting enough to keep me from doing the video a 2nd time... especially as my time is limited and there are better videos out there.
Old 04-15-12, 05:14 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hahahaha!!! I am so modest I don't know if I could EVER post a pic of myself in my bikini no matter how great I looked!
Then just TELL us how great you look in that little string thing, lol.
Old 04-15-12, 05:19 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Of course, why not? As I said, I think they're an adorable duo, with lots of fun videos from all over the place. Personally, I don't think they're playing to guys, but trying to empower girls. Sure they're sexy but cute-sexy, not cheap-sexy.

My issue was with form and rep counting. (I'm talking about Karena. I though Katrina was absolutely fine and is in all ways the better and more professional of the two.) Unfortunately it was distracting enough to keep me from doing the video a 2nd time... especially as my time is limited and there are better videos out there.
They both are cute and they both have fun personalities, thus the reason why I enjoy watching their clips. But, I guess the best way to describe their form during their workouts is more on the playful side. I hope that makes sense. They just look like two girls on the beach who are working out and having fun at the same time. They do not take themselves seriously, which really isn't a bad thing. It just doesn't look polished.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 05:21 PM  
goldillocks

Of course every woman wants to be sexy and healthy
But from the clips I saw I find this dvd slutty not sexy and the title Beach Babe, seriously is so cheesy
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beach babe, karena, katrina, tiu, tone it up