Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-10-12, 08:21 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
here's a link to the 7 workouts.
http://beachbabedvd.com/the-7-workouts/
Thank you Topfitmama. ummmm I not a fan of mini workouts like that. I workout for 1 hr. I'm incline to 30 min or 1 hr mark workouts. Dont like going back and forth to the menu. I was considering this for low intensity chilling days. I'll hold for you all reviews and check if there is a play all option.
Old 04-13-12, 01:03 PM  
westiemack

I purchased these the other day, and decided to spring the extra (I think $7 or so??) for the HD downloads. They were available to download immediately, and I've watched most of them. The production quality is excellent!

I can't seem to tell when I preview how hard or easy a workout will be , so I can't speak to that. The moves looked fun, at least! I definitely won't be able to do these for another few weeks, since I'm in the middle of another rotation.

I had never heard of the Tone it Up team before this thread, so thanks Daisy for starting it. I think this is going to be fun!!

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 03:36 PM  
Calistro

No interest from me either
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 06:04 PM  
SurferGirl

Just a heads up if anyone was interested.

They have a nutrition plan on their website that I heard rave reviews about. It's $150 BUT you get a lifetime membership to any updates and future nutrition plans they come out with. They seem to come out with something new regularly. For example: A holiday edition at Christmas time and they have a new Beach Babe edition for summer.

Well, I caved the other day and purchased it (I'm so desperate to lose weight before summer). To make a long story short, it's not worth by any means, $150. They give great advice, but if you've ever dieted before, you probably know most of this information. There's no meal plan (which is what I really wanted). So, you still have to figure out for yourself what to eat. It's more or less a glamorized recipe booklet.

I wish the DVD was free with purchase. At least I wouldn't feel like a sucker right now.
Old 04-14-12, 07:41 PM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferGirl View Post
Just a heads up if anyone was interested.

They have a nutrition plan on their website that I heard rave reviews about. It's $150 BUT you get a lifetime membership to any updates and future nutrition plans they come out with. They seem to come out with something new regularly. For example: A holiday edition at Christmas time and they have a new Beach Babe edition for summer.

Well, I caved the other day and purchased it (I'm so desperate to lose weight before summer). To make a long story short, it's not worth by any means, $150. They give great advice, but if you've ever dieted before, you probably know most of this information. There's no meal plan (which is what I really wanted). So, you still have to figure out for yourself what to eat. It's more or less a glamorized recipe booklet.

I wish the DVD was free with purchase. At least I wouldn't feel like a sucker right now.
I also caved. Yes, you're right that it's not worth $150 but I do like their recipes and their great advice. It does come with sort of a meal plan but it's nothing really different.

I also wish the DVD was free with purchase. Did you join their 8 week beach challenge?

Arleen
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 08:37 PM  
daisysunshine

To be fair again though - I purchased this with my tax-refund money and I personally felt like it was. the 150.00 dollars pays for instant communication dietary wise (with Karena & Katrina - who are very sweet and helps you out with any dietary swops). It connects you with a community. (so it's very much weight-watcher less, without the weigh ins and what not). and it's a life time membership payment.

they also support different kinds of dietary lifestyles (I find not a lot of diets do this) as well as they DO make updates. Like I got an entirely new vegetarian plan last year (which was mondo different than the oriignal one) plus the fall, christmas and beach babe dvd special). (these ones were booklets. the PLAN has a lot more stuff).

So if you are dietary savvy and have a way that works for you then yeah - it's not really worth it, but for me, (or just something to help me clean eat and it's laid out for me and gives me some options), it was and my friend who bought it also agreed.

just my own 2¢

(Arleen - I think the reason why they don't do lump stuff like that is that they are very aware that some people will cop fits. e.g.: I paid 150 and just got the plan why does so and so get the dvd etc?. they do have member only sales and stuff on major holidays so keep an eye out)

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 06:14 AM  
SurferGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoll View Post

Did you join their 8 week beach challenge?

Arleen

No, I didn't join their challenge. I usually don't follow their workouts because I do my own DVD's.
Old 04-15-12, 06:44 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I've followed them on YouTube and think they're adorable too but I have one of their DVDs (the one in the Jane Fonda series, Sculpt & Tone) and truthfully it isn't very good. I can't recall the details but they don't keep count well and one of them, the tall brunette (Karena?) doesn't use great form on several moves. So I've lost interest in them as instructors.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 07:25 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

They remind me of Girls Gone Wild in the new promo. Makes me wonder who their target audience really is. I think it's a slam against women are serious about working out and don't merely want to look sexy in a bikini and crawl around in the sand.

Lucky Star, my impression of them is that they don't know how to count

I'd rather see a workout from Sophia Grace and Rosie.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 07:47 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
They remind me of Girls Gone Wild in the new promo. Makes me wonder who their target audience really is. I think it's a slam against women are serious about working out and don't merely want to look sexy in a bikini and crawl around in the sand.

Lucky Star, my impression of them is that they don't know how to count

I'd rather see a workout from Sophia Grace and Rosie.
I too was turned off by all the rolling around in the sand...I definitely don't want to have to watch that in between workouts. This is a definite pass from me!

Tags
beach babe, karena, katrina, tiu, tone it up