Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-22-18, 09:31 AM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
The one with the black outfit. This one-

https://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sanson.../dp/B003E6YGKM
Yikes! That one is expensive - it must be really good!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-18, 10:39 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
but you can listen to a book or music etc.
i've done that a few times with Leslie for visual, and something else playing through my earbuds for audio! you can do that with Leslie since all you need to do is mimic her movements, which are predictable.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-18, 10:42 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I don't have the Miracle Miles set, but I have done Leslie's Advanced 5 mile walk many times. I like this workout because it moves faster than her other workouts and each mile is different (different clothing and different focus), so it helps combat the boredom. This workout can be done in about an hour, which is about my limit for Leslie.
Quote:
Is that the one where she has a black outfit on the cover, or the one with the white outfit and stretchie bands?
Quote:
The one with the black outfit. This one-

https://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sanson.../dp/B003E6YGKM
Quote:
Yikes! That one is expensive - it must be really good!
i'm pretty sure it's the same as this one - repackaged - someone correct me if i am wrong - and more correctly priced:
https://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sanson...+mile+walk+dvd

the miracle miles 5 mile is 66 min, then the cool down is another 4 min, for a grand total of 70 min.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 03-22-18, 03:10 PM  
imhere2dance

I do a full 4 or 5 mile workout from time to time, but I rarely reach for any of the Miracle Miles! DVDs. They're okay, but I prefer the older workouts.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-18, 10:00 PM  
bfit

My limit on Leslie is about 45 minutes.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-18, 03:14 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

LOL - to each her own.

i find Leslie somewhat zen-like. all the moves are the same and predictable. i think it's just her and her personality that are like vidiot comfort food.

Old 07-18-18, 09:36 AM  
Dabbadooey

I've done the first three discs of this set, and I think it is very good. She is much less manic, and I think more like she would be in a regular class.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-18, 12:14 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I do a full 4 or 5 mile workout from time to time, but I rarely reach for any of the Miracle Miles! DVDs. They're okay, but I prefer the older workouts.
I feel the same way. The set is just blah to me and so is the music.

I think one of her best ones is the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan that has 5 separate miles. I like her newer ones she's put on Youtube like the Wake Up & Walk. Also some of the DVDs with the HIIT training are fun & have good music but don't get them for the HIIT part because I don't really consider the way she does it HIIT training
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-18, 02:33 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I tried to do the Advanced 5 Mile - mine has her in black on the cover - but I only did thru part of mile 4. I wasn't tired, but had reached my "Leslie Limit."

I don't think I'll ever do 5 miles with her again, 3 was even pushing it

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle miles