Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-29-17, 12:40 PM  
Elsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I was thinking of adding a couple of metabolic workouts to my routine. Which ones do you use?
Not often now, but when I was it was mainly Cathe Live (tons there!), Cathe To The Max, Youtube - Fitness by PJ and BeFit. I change my workouts nearly all of the time, so I know there's more although these are what I can recall that were just causing a lot of (unneeded) weight loss. Don't get me wrong ....I loved Cathe Live although three months were enough. I will revisit when I know I want to do these workouts more often.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 07:13 PM  
DCW

Yes indeed.

I can no longer eat like I did in my 30's or 40's.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-17, 09:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
Not often now, but when I was it was mainly Cathe Live (tons there!), Cathe To The Max, Youtube - Fitness by PJ and BeFit. I change my workouts nearly all of the time, so I know there's more although these are what I can recall that were just causing a lot of (unneeded) weight loss. Don't get me wrong ....I loved Cathe Live although three months were enough. I will revisit when I know I want to do these workouts more often.
Thank you, Elsie!! I don't do streaming or I would definitely check out Cathe Live.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-17, 06:42 AM  
Sandrine

Very interesting thread. Several years ago, I did a 1-2-3 rotation of Firm Classics--2 weeks of nothing but those 3 workouts. I think someone on vf had suggested a month-long rotation, but I was sick of them after about 3 rounds. Those 2 weeks melted off my outer thigh/"saddlebag" area like nothing ever had before. Or since.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-17, 08:37 PM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Very interesting thread. Several years ago, I did a 1-2-3 rotation of Firm Classics--2 weeks of nothing but those 3 workouts. I think someone on vf had suggested a month-long rotation, but I was sick of them after about 3 rounds. Those 2 weeks melted off my outer thigh/"saddlebag" area like nothing ever had before. Or since.
Interesting. I might try this. I won't make it to four weeks though, either.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-17, 05:19 AM  
Sandrine

Continuing with it would have begun to feel like overtraining, to me at that time. Also, the second time I did this rotation, a year or so later, I did it as 3-2-1 and preferred that order.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-17, 07:44 AM  
LoveVA

Firm Classics transformed me like nothing before. After about 6 months of doing almost nothing but old Firm workouts, I found that my Tonique, Cathe, Michelle Dozois workouts were all easier. Even Imax 3 is now not as difficult as it was when I first bought it. I'm stronger and my cardio endurance really improved. I was doing mainly Vols 1-4 plus Super Cardio, Super Sculpting, Core Cardio 2, Firm Strength, Firm Cardio, Total Body Shaping Mix (one of my all-time favs) and other Firm workouts of that era.

I lost weight (heavily aided by change in diet), inches, and reached the aesthetic goals I wanted (good muscle definition without bulk or going through the "puffy" phase), leanness, lower resting pulse rate, etc.

I was running the risk of burning out on them, so I've put them aside for now and switched back to Cathe (and other) cardio and lots of KCM/Jari strength. I'm finding that's pushing me to another level, just from changing things up again. I know I'll go back to the Firm at some point.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-18, 05:24 PM  
pollytc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
What Classic 1-2-3 workouts did you do, and how did you do them?
Old 03-17-18, 11:29 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I assume Sandrine meant the very earliest Firm volumes 1, 2 and 3, now known as Firm Body Sculpting Basics, Low Impact Aerobics, and Aerobic Workout with Weights.

The 1-2-3 rotation was one after the other, in order, and then either repeat OR take a day off before starting it again.

ETA - Just remembered, another Firm 1-2-3 rotation is to do them every other day, with a day off in between each for rest or lighter cardio.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-18, 04:23 AM  
pollytc

Thank you, Gina, for the Clarification!

Tags
biggest change, body weight workouts, over 50, results, successful weight loss, weights only