Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-24-21, 10:20 PM  
Vantreesta

February 2021 Add 'em up Goals & Habits Challenge ~Join us!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily life goals work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 10:21 PM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's February Goals

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline. Consistency.

1. Up by 7:00 AM every day
2. In bed by 11:00 PM (EC: 1 pt per 15 minutes early)
3. Watch church each week (10 pts)
4. Household chore 5 days/week (doing dishes doesn't count)
5. Stay within calorie allowance on MyFitnessPal
6. No eating after 9:45 PM
7. Train Cyric at least 5 days/week
8. No skipping dog walks bc of laziness--must have good reason
9. Write in memories journal daily
10. Strength training 3 days/week
11. Yoga 5 days/week
12. Meet weekly minutes goal (10 pts) (EC available: 1 pt per 30 minutes over)

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps

Non-routine household tasks for January: clean bathroom ceiling and window sills/casings worked on these but need to do a better job and finish

Max possible points: ( avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): ( avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

Feb 1-7 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Feb 8-14 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Feb 15-21 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Feb 22-28 pts (out of avg ) ~ %

total for the month: / ~ %

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-27-21, 12:45 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's February Goals:

Daily for 1 pt each except #6.:
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. walk, dvd, or youtube.
4. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
5. Declutter
6. Reduce youtube exercise playlist from 170 to 165 clips. focus on glute videos. 5 pts

Total Points available: 145 Goal: 130

Extra credit:
1. additional walk, dvd, or youtube clip. 1 pt
2. massage 1 pt

Overall Total: 135 pts

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 07:34 PM  
MathTeacher

Daily
64 ounces of water
Noom
Weigh

Weekly
Exercise 5 days

Bonus points
NO NEW CLOTHES
Clean extra closet
Lose Weight
Old 02-01-21, 12:41 PM  
Leonana

Bumping us up!

I hope to eat more heart healthy per usual.
I need to make time to meditate.
To do kegels regularly.
To read aloud to myself to increase hearing comprehension
Take my medication and supplement

I need a better way to remember this stuff. Too much for my brain lol.

Today is WS3 Cardio Interval Sculpt. Yikes! I’m off to get a blood test for my appointment with the cardiac nurse. My BP is mild hypertension, but I have severe white coat syndrome, so ended up at the cardiologist. I even have it at home. Sigh. But at least they believe me, although it helped that my echocardiogram was normal. Anxiety is a tricky one to deal with, but I guess we all know that.

Waves to everyone!
Old 02-01-21, 01:22 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Amazingly I made my points in January. I did reduce my youtube rehab playlist by 24 videos. Now I'm at 170. This time I'm going to be a little less ambitious and reduce by 5 videos. I have a ridiculous number of glute videos so I'm sure I'll be able to get rid of a few.

MT, how is your hip? My knee is doing better but I'd like to see more. I seem to have a muscle or tendon that always wants gets tight and when it releases, it's like, oh wow, that is so much better.

Vannie, I subscribed to Sports Injury Physio. I still haven't looked over the channel other than the titles and it looks like some good ones.

Sherry, I deal with white coat syndrome too although my BP doesn't go up as much as yours but as you say, it's a tricky one to deal with.

Hard to believe February is here! Still very mild...went on a great walk yesterday with Belle. I think she enjoyed just time with her and me and no puppy but she is amazingly happy with the puppy. I hope to get more walks in today and tomorrow. By the weekend it's supposed to be in the single digits. Brrrrrr. Had to happen sooner or later.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 02-04-21, 03:07 PM  
Vantreesta

Why am I so bad about at least posting my workouts??

Mon 2/1 127 minutes
11 minutes (from L. Wyndham-Read Fitness Advent Calendar day 12 -7 Minute Glutes Workout for Women, YT) MON 1st time
30 minutes (from 2.034 mi for 10k trainer wk1 day3/VA British Columbia Coast Hike/Zombies Run S3M30) MON 1st time for VA
30 minutes (from 3.9 mi for Dark Horse Rowing: Rowvember day 12/IRSW Lake Altaussee, Austria) MON
11 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 18, YT) (Sadhana day 32) MON only did half--I was starving!
45 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.52 mi)

Tue 2/2 84 minutes
31 minutes (from C. Friedrich Perfect 30 High Impact HIIT) TUE
15 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 18, YT) (Sadhana day 33) MON second half
38 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.23 mi)

Wed 2/3 125 minutes
7 minutes (from 7 Minutes to Save Your Knees) WED
40 minutes (from PT exercises for pelvic stability & glute strength) WED
31 minutes (from 2.124 mi for 10k trainer wk2 day1/VA /Zombies Run S3M31) WED 1st time for VA
13 minutes (from Strong Knees stretch) WED
34 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.95 mi)

Thu 2/4
9 minutes (from L. Wyndham-Read Fitness Advent Calendar day 13 , YT) TUE 1st time YouTube wasn't working on Tue
24 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 19, YT) (Sadhana day 34) TUE 1st time YouTube wasn't working on Tue
45 minutes (from shoveling ~7" of snow and I barely made a dent)

Heading back out for round two of shoveling. I can't imagine doing this if I wasn't in somewhat decent shape!

Old 02-04-21, 06:04 PM  
Vantreesta

75 more minutes of shoveling and the driveway is still not done. Hubby can get in the garage to park though so I am done with it for today! Hopefully he will be home in time tonight to snowblow the rest.

Old 02-04-21, 08:46 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Wow Vannie....you got a lot of snow!! We had a small amount but it is going to get super cold for the next 5 days...like highs zero! I'm glad I got some good walks in the last few days.

It's been very busy here with lots of paperwork/computer work. I've been trying to get away from the computer every 30 minutes and do a few exercises. Sometimes I set a timer. I'm getting better at it. Although I didn't make drinking more water one of my goals, I've been doing better on that too.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 02-04-21, 08:49 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, we have cold coming too. A few days with highs in the negatives. Cyric won't wanna walk much those days!