Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-24-21, 08:49 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of January 24

Good morning everyone. My workout yesterday was Tae Bo Get Ripped Advanced workout #2 + an episode of Essentrics focusing on plantar fasciitis. I must say I still don't get Miranda's method and am not sure if people really get anything out of it besides fairly basic stretching. However, I think I'll continue doing it since there are so many new episodes.

It's freezing here, literally. We got down to 19 last night and won't get much above 39 today. I hope everyone is staying warm.

Waves!
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 09:24 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off JBliff. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 05:44 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Rest day for me as we did a long run yesterday, 13 miles. I did a bit of fairly heavy duty housework and went up and downstairs multiple times so I have been active.

Jbliff 19 degrees is pretty brutal. I hope it warms up a bit for you. I hear your state has cases creeping back up. We certainly need to vamp it up with vaccinating folks but darn, 330 million people is a huge amount. I hope our office gets more vaccine this week. A friend of mine who us. Nurse anesthetist volunteered to help vaccinate about 1000 people yesterday.

Waves to Cher and Vannie and Gibbee. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Kareng
Old 01-25-21, 05:53 AM  
Cher

No workouts all weekend. It was cold and I just felt lazy. I’m going to have to kick myself in the butt to get in a workout this morning.

JBliff - Thanks for starting us off. I question what people really get out of Classical Stretch too. They sure don’t feel like much to me. (But, I guess that doesn’t always matter). I’d be curious to see if you notice any difference if you stick with it for a while.

We have gotten cold here too and, of course, now that DS has to drive to a job, we’re supposed to get snow tonight.

Waves Karen, Vannie & Gibbee.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 08:04 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk with DH (with me completely bundled up!) + Muscle Max + Candlelight Yoga.

Cher
- I figure additional stretching can't hurt. According to my workout log, I've done more stretching so far this year than in all of 2019.

Karjoy - Our cases were out of control for a few months but they are finally on the way down. They are still about 3 times more than this past summer, though. I'm really hoping the J&J vaccine is proved safe and effective since you only need one dose.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 01-25-21, 11:31 AM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. I woke up with that awful feeling of anxious dread and doom for some reason. This hasn't happened in quite a while. Not sure what's up. I'm hoping it's just bc my hamstrings hurt more than usual, the fingertips on my right hand have been kind of numb since lifting weights on Saturday and the toilet seems to be clogged, and not bc smthg actually bad is on the horizon. I need to get outside for our walk and see if I can shake the feeling.

Wed and Thu I don't think I worked it at all. I was in such a state of waiting and wondering if I would need to go stay with my father-in-law and I am VERY bad at being in that state! His treatment on Wed went fine and so far he is still feeling some sick and very tired but nothing worse than that. Praying it stays that way. I really appreciate everyone's prayers and good thoughts for him.

Friday I did workout some. Trying to remember what I did though! I think I did another Tae Bo Express workout, a Barre3 segment and Rodney's AM Yoga for Your Week hip openers. My phone was almost dead and rapidly going down even while plugged in so I wasn't able to do Rowvember (the intervals were set in an app on my phone) or Fightmaster yoga (no internet so no YouTube). Saturday I did Crossrope day 5, Perfect 30 Upper Body (I didn't like the premix with the upper body bonus bc it felt so disjointed and more rushed since it interjects the bonus exercises into the main workout) and the next day of Fightmaster. Yesterday was a big fat nothing! I slept in till 9 and still ended up taking a 2 hour nap. I worked on my workout catalog/spreadsheet and thought I had index cards for every workout until I sorted and found many still don't have them. Groan. I love doing it but I never seem to get it all done. Many still don't have physical location listed either but I'm not working on that till I can actually get them reorganized like I want.

We got another 6-7" of snow on Saturday. When I took Cyric out to do his business first thing yesterday morning the snow was almost up to his belly! I think we should have enough to kind of snowshoe now so my goal for this week is to find the energy to load up my gear and Cyric an go to the nearby state park to snowshoe a little. He has never gotten to go. D'Argo and Chianna always seemed to enjoy it. Well, I KNOW Chianna did being a snow dog!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 06:12 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cathe Push Pull. I REALLY had to talk myself into doing a workout. Today probably won’t be much better since I woke up at 3:30 am this morning.

JBliff - That’s great you have been doing so much stretching.

Vannie - I hope you are feeling better today. I hate when I get that feeling. Good to hear your FIL is still doing okay for having Covid.

Snow happening today so I get to worry about DS driving to work and driving back home again later.
Old 01-26-21, 07:52 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was ICE Low Impact sweat workouts 1 & 2 + 25 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher
- I hope you don't get too much snow today. We've had rain since yesterday and there was a chance of snow but it's going to be in the 40s so I don't think snow is going to happen.

Vannie
- I hope you are feeling better. It's funny but I liked the Perfect Pump upper body premix with the bonus mixed in. That shows how different people are!

Hi to Karjoy and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 01-26-21, 06:22 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. This week I have been running in early am with 2 safe friends. Judi is having to deal with chronic heel pain and has to take a break from running. The only bad thing is getting up at 0430 but at least it’s done before work.

Chef how much snow did you get? I hope Joseph made it home ok. Is your DH still enjoying retirement? Does he ever seem bored?

Vannie I’m glad your father in law is hanging in there with Covid. Sending kind thoughts to him and to you to help with anxiety. Is snowshoeing very difficult?

Jbliff glad to hear your cases are plateauing. We will take any big of good news. You did not get snow did you?
Old 01-27-21, 05:52 AM  
Cher

Yesterday’s workout was Leslie Sansone Walk Blaster.....Light Walk, Short & Sweaty Walk, Brisk & Steady Walk, AB Trimmer Walk and Flexibility Walk.

We only ended up getting about 3 inches of snow. Joseph said roads were not to good going to work but were fine coming home.

JBliff - It’s been pretty cold here this week and this weekend it’s supposed to get even colder. Typical Michigan January weather.

Karen - Yikes, I don’t think I could get up at 4:30 to run! Good job! DH loves being retired. He was getting a little bored before Christmas but after we got all the Christmas decorations down and away, he put up his table and has been doing his puzzles now instead of just sitting in front of the tv.