Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-21, 11:51 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Yoga With Bird: Morning Yoga Full Body Stretch in Bed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAQ_...l=YogaWithBird

I dedicated my Yoga With Bird practice to Sherry. It was a lovely practice and nice way to start my day.

Pam, I love AdBlock. It works great for my computer.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 01:18 PM  
cyana

Is anyone else totally confused as to what day of the week it is? I knew it wasn't Monday, or I'd be back at work. When DH and I were cleaning up the kitchen after having breakfast together, I mentioned getting the garbage together for tomorrow and DH says "Uh.....tomorrow is Monday." Garbage is on Tuesday. Oops. I've had three consecutive short work weeks and I think the lack of going to the farmer's market yesterday (closed for the holidays) messed up my brain. Or what's left of it.

It was great to see DS and DIL yesterday.....they stayed most of the afternoon, so we had lots of time to chat and exchange gifts. And Mother Nature cooperated spectacularly.

Sunday's work-out:
AM:
YT - Cardio/resistance training - Team Body Project (the "Superstition" work-out that I've done a gazillion times) using BFR bands
Holden - Mindfulness Through Movement
PM:
Short walk in the neighborhood (the temp was so mild, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get back outdoors)

I haven't worked out yet today - planning to do it this afternoon. I woke up with a headache and stuffy head - the kind of stuffy head with one blocked nostril that goes away once you get into a vertical position. While I'm not a "sinus-y" person, I'm wondering if the dust that comes through the furnace/vents might be a culprit, even though the system uses heavy duty filters and the unit was just serviced a few weeks ago. Or maybe I should try to find an alternate to my Down pillow.

Sandra - I smiled at your reference to not doing work-outs by anyone named Margaret or Jessica this month. I'm definitely guilty of getting on those jags.

Garrie - I'm sure hope to be working on the Happy New Rear goal for the New Year as I spent far too many hours sitting in my desk chair in 2020!

Paine - Yoga in bed sounds so decadent.

Carolyn - I hope you and DH got your projects completed. I enjoyed the Leonid & Friends concert. They had a donate button and I made a donation since their music made me smile (no pun intended ) many days in 2020.

Pat - I think perhaps I should forget Lucy's Advent rotation (which will likely disappear any moment) since I'm SO far behind. Tias is such a scholar of all things yoga. He was most assuredly one of the highlights of my trip to a YJ conference.

Pam - I hope you continue to have good luck with AdBlock. I use it on an ancient Toshiba laptop, an equally ancient Dell desktop and a several years old Surface.

Beth - I didn't know YT ever had a Notes feature - shows how oblivious I can be!

Waves to ALL.

ETA: A funny cat video for Beth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h80bGBr72g8
That must've been Bush #41's cat!!!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 05:01 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quick checkin (since I already filed away my "last year" lists and only have Fri-Sun in front of me), and then I'll be back for personals.

Friday Happy 2021!!!
Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy - Live Zoom yoga class, Finding Resolutions Within

Saturday
Heather Robertson (YT) - Low Impact Strength & Cardio Workout (about half, 30m)
Kate Vantucci Yoga (YT) - 7 Day Yoga Challenge, Day 6, Yoga Party

Sunday
30MTF Kickboxing - Workout #1
Kate Vantucci Yoga (YT) - 7 Day Yoga Challenge, Day 7, Easy Rider

Looks like I officially started my yoga sadhana on Boxing Day - good news is that today was Day 9 already!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 05:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam & Paine, I am more comfortable being outside in winter when I dress for it. If it's a sunny day, I usually still enjoy it, but the days have been so gray here of late.

Garrie, virtually every time I combine a bunch of random workouts, I think of you! However, after reviewing my fitness totals for 2020, one of my 2020 goals is to use my DVD collection more (20202 had me frequently turning to YouTube in search of something new).

cyana, glad you got to have an outdoor holiday celebration yesterday! And yes, I've been confused about the day since about Wednesday, I think. Hope you are feeling better! RE the Notes section on YouTube, it used to be an obvious whenever you added something to a playlist, so I started using it to keep track of what I liked about routines. About a year or so ago they hid the option, but you could still find it if you knew where to look. Unfortunately it is now gone completely--along with all of my notes!

Aww, that poor little dumb kitty!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 05:35 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, your sadhana is going to go by fast!

Cyana, yep I've been confused about what day of the week it is.
I'm laughing at the cat video.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 07:24 PM  
cyana

Today:
Lee Holden - guided meditation to Transform Adversity into Strength & Power

Still a bit headachy - May try to do some qi gong.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 07:30 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Today's Workout: Various sections from Gilad's Express Workouts: Buns & Thighs, Hips & Thighs, and Strength & Balance. It was nice to revisit Gilad and Hawaii but I have to admit at this point I have other DVDs with routines that I like better.

Also got in a 2-hour outdoor walk. Rain is moving in tomorrow and may stick around all week.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 01:08 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~7 km trail walk
~Practiced Essentrics trademarks
~YogiBethC: Half Moon class - This was really nice Beth, I like taking a pose and breaking it down like this.
~Insight Timer: Sound Healing with Koshi Water Chimes

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 08:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Moan Day! Yesterday featured:

~ Gym for 15 minutes recumbent, 60 minutes cable machine PT, weight machines for lower body, chest and back, and finished off shoulders and arms with dumbbells
~ Felicia Tomasko "Yin for Self Care with Ayurvedic Principles" (Glo)
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 08:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Moan Day! Yesterday featured:

~ Gym for 15 minutes recumbent, 60 minutes cable machine PT, weight machines for lower body, chest and back, and finished off shoulders and arms with dumbbells

~ Felicia Tomasko "Yin for Self Care with Ayurvedic Principles" (Glo)

~ My own awareness meditation in the morning.

Garrie - I hope your mother continues to feel healthier at home. What a scare. Love, love, love Happy New Rear!!! I keep trying.

Kate, I hope you can pop in more often.

Sandra, I'm with you and your VF friend - I am hopeful for 2021. I've had a couple of signs, like the weight of something at the deli reaching exactly 1/2 pound, and the cost of nuts I measured from the bulk bin coming out to exactly $10.00, and some items I picked up at BJ's rang up to exactly $25.00. All within two days! And I found a beautiful, shiny clean Penny From Heaven from my brother on NYD - right in front of my house.

Paine, good news that you are happy with your new Jessica.

Cyana, that was a wonderful share from Tias and Surya. It would be so nice to hear him recite it. Great workouts for you! I'll check out that link soon. I'm so happy for you that you got to see your DS.

Hello Carolyn. Your NYD dinner sounds scrumptious.

Pam I will look for that flow chimes meditation on Insight, sounds nice!

Beth, dressing for the cold definitely makes a difference. Thermals and layers. My niece sewed a bunch of cloth face masks for COVID and I actually am wearing one while outdoors just because it's cozy.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote