Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-20, 02:33 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Katy Bowman's Walking Well Video Course

I was listening to Katy Bowman's podcast and her most recent one was taking questions from readers on walking. It was hard to follow but she mentioned the video course that she developed with Jill Miller called "Walking Well" '
https://try.tuneupfitness.com/walking-well/
I was wondering if anyone here has done this course. I am considering it because I walk a lot and have recently been having foot problems that I don't think are related to my recent foot surgery. I recovered well and was walking pain free for several months and all of a sudden am getting foot fatigue and soreness after walking. It seems to be improving with different shoes but this course intrigues me. Even if this foot issue has nothing to do with the way I walk I think the course might be helpful to me.
I find Katy's work very interesting but have a hard time incorporating her teachings from books. I am thinking if I have a course to follow with videos I might be able to get more out of what she has to offer.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 02:48 PM  
Demeris

I'm very interested in this course, but the price of VERY off-putting.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 02:49 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I bought it as a preorder discounted price. It has some good information and I'm not regretting purchasing it.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 03:09 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I'm very interested in this course, but the price of VERY off-putting.
Same here.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 05:05 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Yeah, it’s pricy but I haven’t made a fitness purchase in awhile. Except for brand new walking shoes of course. I might wait to see if she has a holiday special but she probably doesn’t offer them.
Old 12-07-20, 07:33 PM  
antbuko

You could try the sitewide holiday discount on Jill's website - JOY15 for 15% off. Not sure if it applies to the course.

I'd read the announcement about this course several weeks ago and I was very much interested, but I can't justify the cost right now.
Old 12-07-20, 07:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

at $149 (streaming video, lifetime access) or $199 (higher price includes balls), i agree it is quite high. the streaming videos amount to at least 5.5 hours of content = half is with Jill, the other half is with Katy.

there is a really good book that i read in the library called "Walk Yourself Well" by physical therapist Sherry Brourman (1998) that does a "from the ground up" self-assessment of your gait. she also recommended having someone film you while you walk.

https://www.amazon.com/Walk-Yourself...ustomerReviews

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 09:14 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Helen, the course is not on Jill's website. Jeanine, I already have most of the balls in that set so I wouldn't purchase them as part of the course.
Old 12-08-20, 06:55 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Like Jackie, I purchased it at the pre-order discount price. I've had some leg issues that really impacted my walking, well, all my activity. My leg improved a lot while working at home during this pandemic. I realized it was because I was barefoot most of the time. So I attribute my leg/knee/ankle problems to my poor gait and poor choice of shoes. Unfortunately, I haven't started the program yet ... I had some personal issues that took up a lot of my time the past few weeks.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 11:20 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Helen, the course is not on Jill's website. Jeanine, I already have most of the balls in that set so I wouldn't purchase them as part of the course.
I had to search for it on her site. Here it is:

https://www.tuneupfitness.com/walkin...an-jill-miller

Tags
jill miller, katy bowman, walking well