Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-20, 04:14 PM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Life Always Offers a 2nd Chance. It's Called Tomorrow. 11/8

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 04:23 PM  
sciencelady

I was kind of waiting for Laura to step in and start us, but went ahead and did the start using a title Laura gave me last week .

I'm doing fine - enjoying one of the last warm days this fall as cold and snow is predicted this coming week. I got Gus out for a nice walk and have been putzing around the house and garden. My front street trees are finally dumping their leaves and there's LOTS! But I'll wait till they are down completely to rake - it'll be a mess in the mean time. Doing the raking will not be in warm weather .

Laura, yay on doing house chores! And a nice tutoring session also! It's wonderful to see your students get it!

Paula, wow! Do you think your video workouts are changing your body? I still keep an eye out for Gus's tags, but no luck - the park I hiked 4 miles in with him raked up the leaves on their paths Friday, so no chance of finding tags out there from Thursday...

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
Old 11-08-20, 06:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. I did not make the connection to starting the thread this morning until it was too late.

It was a nice day. We had a lazy morning and then went for the Mexican lunch at Mom and Dad's. We came home and I've worked on making some cards. It's nice to have a down day especially since this coming week is going to be busy.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 09:12 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 2 Stretch followed by Yoga with Kassandra Yin Yoga.

Grocery day here, not much else got done.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Like the theme (as usual). Yes, I do think the Pahla B Body Shaping is changing my body in subtle ways. I doubt anything is going to change my body in a dyanmic way other than illness, injury, or starvation. I'll take the subtle though, because just being more comfortable in your clothes is well, more comfortable.

Laura, glad you had a nice day - Mexican food improves everything.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 08:55 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today is a rainy day bringing cooler temps back to more normal Nov weather. I'll still walk Gus today and will try to stop by the dog license place and see if I can get a replacement tag for Gus. Otherwise putzing around - might do some grocery runs also.

Laura, are you making Christmas cards? I should start looking around for some as I think I've used up most of mine. I don't know if I have the craftiness to make my own .

Paula, I think I've lost some weight since surgery and am trying to continue that weight loss for a bit. I'm obese so hard to tell weight loss, but my clothes are getting looser and my waist tire is getting smaller. I'm not anywhere near needing new clothes though.

Anita
Old 11-09-20, 07:47 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's going to be a strange week because I have a tutoring session every morning at 9:30 a.m. It's throwing off my normal routines - but that's not bad in the short term. So, I had that tutoring session this morning and I just finished another one this evening. I did a cardio workout later in the morning and cooked lunch for DH. This afternoon, I ran several errands.

Anita - Congrats on the weight loss. I've lost about 25 pounds this year, very slow, but my clothes are fitting much better. My biggest clothes are too big, but most of them are just fitting much better. It's a nice feeling even if no one notices.

Paula - Yup it does and did today. Mom and Dad sent Mexican leftovers home with me and I had them for lunch.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-09-20, 09:05 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 3 Cardio followed by Yoga with Kassandra Morning Stretch Day 9. Mary was the one who got me intersted in Pahla B. I wish she would come back to us.

Anita, hope you were able to make Gus legal again. Yeah, I guess all three of us are feeling the small pleasure of having our clothes fit just a little more comfortable. May I just say the biggest improvement for me is around the waist. My jeans don't dig in while I'm driving anymore and my bra feels more comfortable by the end of the day. You are right, it is a nice thing even if no one notices.

Laura, good for you having daily tutoring clients. Your home business seems to be growing. Good for you!
Old 11-10-20, 08:43 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Gus's collar is back to jingling - got a new rabies tag from the vet and a new lifelong registration tag from the city. I haven't gone to get a name/address tag, but that info is available through the other tags. I'm planning on walking Gus and trying to clear out my driveway from drifts of leaves - it will be snowing today also. Otherwise putzing around.

Laura, working every weekday? OH MY GOSH! Frankly, enjoy your time with your student! Nice to have better fitting clothes!

Paula, Gus is all legal now! He takes pride in having his collar on with jingles . It's nice not straining your clothing! I miss Mary also .

Anita
Old 11-10-20, 11:07 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I had my morning tutoring session this morning. I still need to exercise especially while the sun is still out. We're supposed to get a lot of rain in the next few days. And I have an appointment with my GP this afternoon for a yearly check-in and to get the Shangrix shingles vaccine. I hope I don't react to it too much. My mom got it and she was fine and I hope I follow in those footsteps.

Anita - It's good you got the tags replaced. It sounds like Gus is set.

Paula - Yeah, I miss the past Cronies.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-10-20, 09:02 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 4 Moderate Weights followed by Yoga with Kassandra Day 10. DH and I did a neighborhood walk as well.

Anita, well I'm glad Gus is legal again. Only once did my dog, Maya, get out and got picked up by animal control. The AC is part of the Police Department here so I got a call from a very nice guy who told me he'd arrested my dog. If she hadn't had tags, who knows what would have happened. It cost me $35.00 to bail her out of jail. I was told every time they pick up your dog the get out of jail price goes up. After the rain and wind we've had, we need to do some serious leaf pick up too. DH has worked on it some, but we need to get out there together and clean it up. The Association hired some people to clean the gutters after the wind. I was glad, I don't want either of us getting up on a ladder anymore.

Laura, you've been discovered - tutoring may become an everyday thing for you. Right now being able to work from home is such a benefit. Hope all went well with your doctor. I had the Shangrix shingles vaccine, if it's the two shot one. I guess having some muscle sorness afterward is common. The first shot I had a sore arm for days afterward, the second shot was easier. Small price to pay to avoid shingles though.