Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-21, 09:45 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did the Garden section of Rodney Yee's Yoga for Meditation a few days ago. I started doing Caroline Girvan's videos on You Tube as a kind of rotation for the time being. I intend to fit some virgin Linda W. workouts where possible. I was going to do one f her lower body workouts after Caroline's Epic Beginner Upper Body Bodyweight workout today but it was too long and I didn't have enough time. It's Lockdown Madness Mostly Lower. Maybe tomorrow.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 12:01 AM  
fanofladyvols

I picked up some Kettlebell DVDs to help me enjoy the kettlebell I got for Christmas. I'm brand spanking new to kettlebells. Frankly, I was scared of kettlebells but I have a more healthy respect of them now.

I have done both Kettlebell body and Kettlebell Revelation by Lauren Brooks. I enjoyed both for different reasons. Lauren has a great method of working and doing mobility in between sets and as part of a good warmup. I really enjoy her demonstration chapters and her instruction/form pointers within the workouts. These are workouts that are easy to grow with and that don't leave you feeling beat up the next day because of all the mobility.

Can't wait to do more of Lauren's workouts.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 12:38 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I picked up some Kettlebell DVDs to help me enjoy the kettlebell I got for Christmas. I'm brand spanking new to kettlebells. Frankly, I was scared of kettlebells but I have a more healthy respect of them now.

I have done both Kettlebell body and Kettlebell Revelation by Lauren Brooks. I enjoyed both for different reasons. Lauren has a great method of working and doing mobility in between sets and as part of a good warmup. I really enjoy her demonstration chapters and her instruction/form pointers within the workouts. These are workouts that are easy to grow with and that don't leave you feeling beat up the next day because of all the mobility.

Can't wait to do more of Lauren's workouts.
Linda I was wondering how you were doing with the kettlebell workouts. I have kettlebells but rarely use them. I've looked at Lauren's workouts but never bought any because they seem pricey and I don't love using kettlebells anyway. Glad you're having fun!
Old 02-01-21, 12:04 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Linda, I think I will try Lauren's Kettlebell Lightning again. I used to love her workouts then stopped doing kettlebells because of a back injury. I will preview it before I do it though to make sure I can handle it!
The other day I did Linda Woolridge's Lockdown Madness Mostly Lower workout. I really liked this. It was legs, glutes and abs. I am getting tired of her workouts that work just the inner thighs or just the outer thighs etc. This one was a perfect mix of lower body moves and tough but not too tough. Definitely a keeper!
Old 02-04-21, 01:29 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Today I did a new for me Linda Woolridge download from her Ankle Weight Series-Outer thighs and Glutes. My back was sore from two days of Shovel max so I didn't think I would get far, but I did the whole 40+ minutes of it and I actually felt great afterwards. It also worked the quads and to a certain extent hamstrings so it was a more comprehensive lower body workout than advertised.
I also did a short lower ab workout from Caroline Girvan's YT channel.
Old 02-04-21, 02:06 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Linda, I think I will try Lauren's Kettlebell Lightning again. I used to love her workouts then stopped doing kettlebells because of a back injury. I will preview it before I do it though to make sure I can handle it!
I'm not familiar with her lightning dvd but her Kettlebell body has an excellent demo section.

I have been wary of injury so I have spent a TON of time reading books and watching her videos on youtube to make sure I'm getting the hinge exactly right.

In some ways, kettlebells remind me of barre and pilates. There is so much you need to do to pay attention to form, listen to your body, to get the most out of the exercise, and stay away from injury.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 02-12-21, 08:40 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I did the Garden section of Rodney Yee's Yoga for Meditation a few days ago. I started doing Caroline Girvan's videos on You Tube as a kind of rotation for the time being. I intend to fit some virgin Linda W. workouts where possible. I was going to do one f her lower body workouts after Caroline's Epic Beginner Upper Body Bodyweight workout today but it was too long and I didn't have enough time. It's Lockdown Madness Mostly Lower. Maybe tomorrow.
Does this Rodney one have much yoga or is it mostly meditation?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 08:31 AM  
fanofladyvols

Tore the wrapper off of this dvd, Cathe's Stretch Max.

I got this at Christmas and was ready to be disappointed. In the back of my mind remembering people not liking this workout and balking at the title.

I honestly don't know why. The ball workout is exactly what I wanted. The stretch band workout was nice. The no equipment is not likely one I will do in it's entirety, but the second half floor portion would make for a good longer cooldown.

Maybe it's because I didn't start with the no equipment workout?

Mentally comparing this one to Perfect Flow and really think I will use Stretch Max more.

Old 03-04-21, 03:50 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Does this Rodney one have much yoga or is it mostly meditation?
The Garden section of Rodney's Yoga for Meditation/Yoga and Meditation is all yoga, done seated in or with a foot on a chair. It is introduced as a preparation for seated meditation. It's a nice 10-12 minute hip opening sequence that gets everything from my midback down nicely loosened up. I frequently do it before bed. I haven't looked at the other sections of the DVD for ages, but I remember all of them being short meditation preps or a presentation on seated postures for meditation, but no actual meditation sections. It's all filmed in Yosemite and Garden is in a field with glimpses of El Capitan. There are multiple covers with slightly different titles for this DVD and the Garden section is on at least one DVD with actual guided meditations - Daily Meditation with AM and PM guided meditation by Rodney (AM) and Maritza (PM).

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 04:30 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
The Garden section of Rodney's Yoga for Meditation/Yoga and Meditation is all yoga, done seated in or with a foot on a chair. It is introduced as a preparation for seated meditation. It's a nice 10-12 minute hip opening sequence that gets everything from my midback down nicely loosened up. I frequently do it before bed. I haven't looked at the other sections of the DVD for ages, but I remember all of them being short meditation preps or a presentation on seated postures for meditation, but no actual meditation sections. It's all filmed in Yosemite and Garden is in a field with glimpses of El Capitan. There are multiple covers with slightly different titles for this DVD and the Garden section is on at least one DVD with actual guided meditations - Daily Meditation with AM and PM guided meditation by Rodney (AM) and Maritza (PM).
This sounds great! Thanks for the description. After I posted the question I checked my collection bc, as you pointed out, Gaiam loves to repackage! I think I may have it but will need to actually put it in the player to be sure. Thanks again!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins