Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-27-21, 09:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Total Body Tune Up
Pilates Nest - Reset Retreat - Day 3 (Arms & Shoulders)

Yesterday I did squeeze in Pahla's Day 26 workout which was "dynamic moves" I enjoyed it - some KBell inspired work was included.

Today I hope to squeeze in the Day 27 workout which is walking plus glute toning.

Sorry for not doing individual personal replies - it is one of those days....

Carol - that is a good find! I looked at some of the workouts and not all look "senior" to me - I liked the looks of the channel. Honestly, I'm just into doing more gentle workouts these days - even some of Jessica's look like they would have me working harder than I want to. I'm not sure if it is a mental or physical thing....or maybe a little bit of both.

Anyway - I will be back later, hopefully!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 03:49 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

FW: 10 Min TBW by Lake Powell
10 Min Walk

That was a little too fast paced for me, but I did it at my own speed and liked it overall. Theresa Rowe with Shaped by Faith has added a lot of 15 minute clips from her workouts on Youtube, so I may try some of those soon. I miss her Pilates, and encouragement.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheresaRowe

Donna, I'm more into gentle these days too. I hope your day is going well!

Carol, thanks for sharing that link! That video looks good.

Linda, I had to learn too! The podcast sounds right on.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 08:54 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Pahla B - Walk Off the Weight - Day 27 (walking intervals & standing glute work) - 22 minutes;
Senior Shape - Gentle Pilates & Stretch - 40 minutes

I liked both of these - I would say that the Gentle Pilates & Stretch routine was more stretching and mobility work than pilates, but it was nice. Lauren is the instructor and she does a nice job. I will do more from her channel.

Today was a success - I got my second vaccination. They said that within 1 to 2 weeks I should have "full" protection. I think I'll start back to church next month - in a mask, of course.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 06:20 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Up very early because Oliver had decided he wanted to cuddle and he gets what he wants. He was relentless! What a sweet, good-natured cat.

I have a busy day ahead of me today. I have to drop my car off at 7am for all sorts of warning lights that came on my dashboard, and that's never good. Or cheap. But in this case, I think I diagnosed (via internet) the problem as either loose vacuum hose or a leak in a vacuum hose. That shouldn't be too bad. I also need them to give me an estimate on the bumper repair from when that jackass hit my parked car. This is still going on.

I also have a 10am appointment for Dexa scan. I haven't had one in about 4 years. I'm curious as to how they will compare. Oh, and speaking of doctor appointments, I had to reschedule the physical I had with my primary to Feb 24th, so that's still ahead of me. Maybe I can lose a few pounds in the next 3 weeks. Ha. I scheduled Dexa scan in the same hospital and more less the same time where my dh has his regular maintenance treatment for NHL so we'll use our time efficiently today.

I'm going to try to fit a workout in but we'll see. So much for "consistency" in January.

Waves to all!
Old 01-28-21, 08:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did Pahla's Day 27 - Walking and Glute Toning workout - it was a good one - I didn't love the walking in place intervals, but I did enjoy the glute toning parts....

Today was:

Pahla B - Day 28 - my favorite type of workout from Pahla - low impact cardio w/ weights....

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Min Therapeutic Yoga for Hips and Low Back - my hips and low back take a beating from all the sitting I do - so this felt good.

I will squeeze something else in later - maybe some CS...

Carol - I like the looks of that channel as well! There was a kickboxing workout that looked pretty good on there! And, yay on the vaccination.....we seem to be very behind on that here in MD. I think we are in Phase 1B....

Good luck, Dana!

Waves, Christine, Linda, Brenda and Cheri...

So....now that i'm nearing the end of Pahla's challenge, I'm thinking, you know, I'm going to miss her - so February may feature more of her workouts. I haven't listened to her Q&A yet...to find out who her "mini challenge" is going to change...but I guess I will find out soon enough.

Anyway - hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-28-21, 03:06 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Just got home. Dealership ran my RAV4 through diagnostics and came up with nothing. They said all these warning lights were probably a fluke. Well, I don't like flukes. I don't understand flukes. This makes me nervous. Good news is that at first they told me they'll charge me 79.99 just to run diagnostics (my SUV is 2008) but they ended up not charging me anything. On a flip side, they couldn't help themselves and came up with a laundry list of "items that need attention" to the tune of $1250.00. My RAV4 is 13 years old but it only has 69,500 miles. I'll take a look at that list and take it one item at the time - as necessary.

I should get results of my Dexa in the next couple of days.

Oh, I did manage to squeeze in Leslie's 2 Miracle Miles - 30min before I left the house this morning but that's all I'm planning to do today. Tomorrow is another day!
Old 01-28-21, 04:50 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

FW: 10 Min Chair Workout
10 Min Walk

Dana, I'm glad there was nothing wrong with your car, although the lights coming on as a "fluke" sounds strange!

Donna, Pahla's workout sounds good. I like walking and glute toning!

Carol, I'm glad you made out okay with the vaccination.

Waves to Linda, Brenda, Cheri!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 08:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight - Day 29 - Walking & Balance

Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for Digestion - fortunately, no digestive issues here, but I went w/ this one b/c it included a lot of twists which feel good on my back which gets so stiff from sitting.

Late yesterday afternoon I did CS 1112 - it was standing and barre...

Dana - I have 2008 Subaru Forrester - I haven't checked the mileage recently but it is maybe 150K maybe a little more. W/ COVID it hasn't been driven nearly as much since I am not commuting. We recently had all our lights go on as well and it turned out to be something w/ the gas cap letting too much air in or something. I do know what you mean, whenever I bring my car in they give me a laundry list of things I should do - I mostly ignore it. At this point I'm pretty sure the value of my car is way less than the cost to repair anything. But I made the mistake a few years ago of sinking a ton of money into it when I probably shouldn't have, so now it is just a determination thing to make sure it sees well over 200K before I let it go. and that is going to take awhile b/c we are hardly driving these days!

Nice work, Christine!

Carol - hope you are doing well and no ill effects from the 2nd shot.

Waves, Brenda and Linda and Cheri (we miss you!)

Donna
Old 01-29-21, 09:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I'm not driving near what I did either. I love CS for when my back is crotchety. I still haven't checked out a recent Adrienne.

Carol congrats on no side effects so far. I'm friends with a spunky elderly lady who is scheduled to get her second and she says she REFUSES to get sick. Gotta love her...and her name is Carolyn. Coincidence?

Dana I like how your able to combine appts with your husband. And you will probably be shocked at the price of a bumper replacement. My daughter's Subaru Forester lit up if she didn't put the gas cap on just right.

Yesterday was mobility, more squat and deadlift challenge and her Quick and Dirty Kettlebell workout. I'm not very advanced in kettlebell technique so I sub in cleans for snatches.

Happy Friday and everyone! Waves to Christine and Brenda!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 12:08 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning - we all spoke too soon on the "no side effects" business. Oh my stars, I don't think I have ever felt fatigue like I felt yesterday. It hit me like a ton of bricks as I was getting dressed for work. It was like "I don't think I can do this today" and I spent the rest of the day in bed. Fever, fatigue - that was the worst - headache, chills. I'm pretty wiped out today, but I've managed to stay out of the bed and on the couch so far, so I'm counting it as a victory. I really didn't think that I would have this kind of reaction. Flu shots are nothing.

I know folks who have had little or no reaction to their second dose and then I've known one or two who have felt like I do. I'm going to look on the bright side and marvel at the immune response my body is throwing up to this vaccine. That has to be a good thing. I read somewhere that older folks don't have as strong side effects as younger people do, I guess because their immune systems aren't as efficient as they once were (like everything else as we age). That must mean that my immune system thinks it's a spring chicken...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote