Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-21, 12:34 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
Same for me! I know there is another company (Mandala Yoga) that has colored round mats I've had my eye on. They're out of stock right now.
Every time someone posts about the Mandala round mats being on sale I check them out. I just don't have any place to store a round mat. I really, really like them though.
Old 01-27-21, 08:40 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Every time someone posts about the Mandala round mats being on sale I check them out. I just don't have any place to store a round mat. I really, really like them though.
I either roll mine up and stand them behind a door (they're pretty tall that way), or they fold up pretty well into a small triangle that you can put away somewhere, or under a bed (this is also how they ship them). They are definitely well worth it!! But I always wait until they have the "ends" sales too.
Old 01-28-21, 09:34 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
... or they fold up pretty well into a small triangle that you can put away somewhere, or under a bed (this is also how they ship them).
...It's still early here and my brain immediately formed a picture of each Mandala being shipped under an included bed. BONUS!

I keep mine rolled on top of my big shelf of DVDs.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 09:36 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I would love a round mat. I got the email blast that adawn posted, and I am wondering how much it will cost since I didn't see it mentioned.
On Facebook, Cathe said the price will probably be around $99, but they will not know the final price until they know the total for tariffs and duties that will be charged.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 09:55 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
...It's still early here and my brain immediately formed a picture of each Mandala being shipped under an included bed. BONUS!

I keep mine rolled on top of my big shelf of DVDs.
Lol, I thought the same thing after I posted it, but had to go and didn't get a chance to change it, even though it was nagging at my brain
Old 01-28-21, 10:53 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I have made room in my basket for it...I am hoping it rolls easily

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 06:28 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

This was in today's Monday newsletter:

Quote:
Cathe Premium Large Round Extra Thick 6 ft Non-Slip Yoga Mat Update

Hi Everyone,

We just wanted to update everyone that we currently plan on taking orders for our new 6ft large in a few more days, but we're still in negotiations with UPS to lower your shipping rates for this product and we want to wait until we hear back from them.

The reason for the delay is this yoga mat has to ship in a very large box and because of dimensional weight, this means shipping is expensive. We're trying to get the best rate we can with UPS to help keep your shipping cost as low as possible and we're currently still waiting to hear back from UPS. Though we don't know what UPS will be able to do, we want to wait a few more days to see what they can do, if anything, to lower their shipping fees for this product. We will send out an additional email just as soon as UPS gets back to us and we will also post updates on our Facebook Page and Discussion Forums.
This was from last Monday's newsletter:

Quote:
Cathe Premium Large Round Extra Thick 6 ft Non-Slip Yoga Mat

-Unlike regular yoga mats, your hands, feet, and body never leaves our giant round 6ft diameter yoga mat during most yoga poses or stretching exercises

-Our giant Cathe yoga mat is extra thick for greater comfort – 8mm. This is about twice as thick as most other mats of this type

-Perfect for barefoot yoga and stretching exercises or light exercises with shoes

-Our Non-slip surface offers great grip

-Made from Eco PVC material

-This is the same size and type of mat we use in our Perfect Flow workouts

-Though our 6ft round yoga mat is extra thick, it is also very LIGHTWEIGHT

*Available for Purchase Soon!

Though our 6ft round mats are now in stock we're going to hold off selling them for a few more days as we try to negotiate better shipping rates with UPS for you for large items like our 6ft Yoga Mats.

We also have to perform quality checks to make sure that when you unpack your mat that any major dents or marks caused by packaging disappear after a week or two. Each mat is carefully rolled around a plastic pipe and then wrapped in plastic and secured with reusable velcro straps so it doesn't unroll during shipping. Then the wrapped and protected Yoga mat is placed in a reusable black Cathe storage/travel/wash bag (see pic below) for extra protection and lastly, the entire assembly is placed in a box to ship to you.

Here are the Details You Need To Know!

-Price - $99.97 + s/h

-$15 off coupon will be offered for a limited time only (we hope this helps with the shipping cost). Alternatively, you may use our quantity discount coupons if you're ordering additional items. *Only one coupon per order may be used.

-We can ship worldwide, but International shipping prices and duties will be extremely and outrageously high because of the size of this item and dimensional weight. *Because of Brexit, if you live in the UK, contact us first.

-We're not sure what the demand will be for this product, but supplies are limited and these mats will be sold on a first come first serve basis.

*we expect to start selling our new 6ft extra thick round yoga mats either at the end of this week or next week. We will send out another email and post on our social media platforms and website letting you know just as soon as these mats are available to purchase.
(most of the bolding and all underlining is mine)
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 08:42 PM  
rhbrand

I am SOOO getting one. I'm going to work on flexibility/yoga more this year and this mat will be PERFECT
Old 03-30-21, 07:30 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I have a Mandala round mat. But I'd love to have the "pipe" and bag that Cathe will be using for her mats to make it easier to store my Mandala. Wonder if she'd just sell the pipe & bag - lol!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 05:54 AM  
Rhonda

I have two Mandala round mats and love them. I won't be jumping to get a Cathe one anytime soon but glad she is offering this.

I love the mats and no matter what way I turn I am always on the mat with yoga and stretching.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe equipment, firewalker band, resistance loops, round yoga mat