Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-21, 08:21 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

You could try to mute her music. Let us know how it goes! Music doesn't bother me...

Today I did Epic 2 Day 17 Arms. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I really like Epic 2 more than Epic 1.

Anybody did the pyramid leg workout today? I think it's a toughie. I'm scared to try that...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 08:29 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Anybody did the pyramid leg workout today? I think it's a toughie. I'm scared to try that...
I did it yesterday and loved it. Was supposed to do shoulders today, but wasn't feeling well and took a rest day. Might do it tomorrow or start back with something easier depending on how I feel when I get up.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 08:01 AM  
ChelePA

Working on my push-ups these days. Epic Beginner Upper Body with bodyweight only will be perfect for improving in this area. I really liked this one. My upper body strength is more an intermediate level (Cathe standards). This one was a really nice challenge. No dread factor for me which is rare with these type of workouts. Good music too! The upper body is 30 minutes so I then added on the Beginner Epic (no equipment) Ab and Core. Another good one. Every 3rd exercise was a variation of a plank. To my surprise, a few of the exercises were on the easier side for me (thanks Cathe) so I increased the difficulty if needed.

The newest release Low Intensity Steady State Cardio looks like a good one. Can't wait to try it!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 09:26 AM  
buffmama

EPIC I Day 22 Shoulders and Core. I'm fried! Of course used lighter weights than Caroline - 10, 8, 6.5. Pushups from knees after all that work. Core work flew by. Added on a 5 min HIIT today. 10 min seems like too much so I will try and stick to this.
Old 01-28-21, 08:01 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

MOSSA Athlete for cardio. Glad I didn't skip today's workout... it was too cold to get out of bed!
Old 01-29-21, 08:33 AM  
buffmama

EPIC I Day 23 Glutes and Abs Thinking maybe I should have used ankle weights but then I might not have made it through all the hip thrusts. Got those 5 min of cardio in.
Old 01-29-21, 11:27 AM  
ChelePA

I warmed up with my January challenge group. Ten minutes or so of a full body workout including burpees, squats, push-ups and abs. I decided to do Caroline Girvan's Cool Cardio Workout from January 28th. It's titled as a low intensity steady state cardio. Well Caroline and I have a different definition of low intensity. Haha. It was 32 minutes where you perform each exercise for 45 seconds then move on to the next one. No rest break. Again it was a total body workout because she includes floor work, burpees, push-ups, abs, etc. besides the standing exercises. It's definitely lower impact but not low intensity for me. It was a good one if you don't want high impact. A few of the exercises also challenged my balance which I need to improve so that's always a bonus.
I then added on a 12 minute Intense No Repeat Tabata Mix from Growingannanas' YouTube channel. First time doing any of her workouts. I absolutely loved it! Beach background with awesome music! I checked out a few other workouts and I think I am going to add her into my mix of new instructors.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 12:49 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
You could try to mute her music. Let us know how it goes! Music doesn't bother me...

Today I did Epic 2 Day 17 Arms. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I really like Epic 2 more than Epic 1.

hdw, why do you like Epic 2 more than Epic 1? And do you think it's possible for a person to skip Epic 1 and jump straight into Epic 2? I don't know if I would even want to do that but I was wondering about it as I looked at all her possibilities. I did Epic 1 Day 1 yesterday and figure I'll work my way through at a slow pace, probably -- mixing in with other things. I think I'm going to be very afraid of her ab workouts.
Old 01-29-21, 12:58 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
do you think it's possible for a person to skip Epic 1 and jump straight into Epic 2? I don't know if I would even want to do that but I was wondering about it as I looked at all her possibilities. I.
Not hdw, but I don't see why not.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 06:07 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
hdw, why do you like Epic 2 more than Epic 1? And do you think it's possible for a person to skip Epic 1 and jump straight into Epic 2? I don't know if I would even want to do that but I was wondering about it as I looked at all her possibilities. I did Epic 1 Day 1 yesterday and figure I'll work my way through at a slow pace, probably -- mixing in with other things. I think I'm going to be very afraid of her ab workouts.
Definitely you can! I don't see why not. It's weight work; just pick weights that are challenging to you.

I guess I didn't quite say it right. I like Epic 2 <b>workouts</b> better than Epic 1. Not saying about the music I am not particular about music... too busy getting sweaty.

Tags
caroline girvan, growing annanas, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle