Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-21, 03:01 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~Cardio: Short walk on a very blustery day & 20 min rebounding
~Barre3: 10 min upper body
~Body Groove: Groovy Yoga 2
~Mindful Meadow Journey guided meditation (YT)

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 11:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yesterday featured Day 5 of Lucy's Be Your Best, a 25 minute walking workout. For the sadhana I did my own awareness meditation.

I had my first round of COVID vaccine a couple hours ago at work. It wasn't too bad, a little more painful than the flu shot but over quick. They make you sit off to the side for 15 minutes. I feel a headache brewing and have begun Advil and drinking copious amounts of water.

I'll try to catch up a little tomorrow - stay well everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 01:30 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Pat - I hope the Advil & fluid will prevent any vaccine side effects. Take care & rest when you get home, sounds like a perfect time for a little supported restorative yoga & meditation.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-27-21, 01:40 PM  
sherry7899

Pat,I hope you feel better.

I did 35 minutes of the Soul Sweat workout "Gifts." I took a rest day yesterday.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 04:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

We may have seen these before, but today I felt the need to laugh despite the pandemic, and these made me smile:
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/funn...taurant-signs/
https://smartcookingdevices.com/funn...igns-in-texas/

ETA go here for more!
https://www.instagram.com/elarroyo_atx/

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 07:20 PM  
YogaGal

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes for DH earlier this month; we did have a quiet day which included his cousin and brother dropping off gifts. We went on a walk that afternoon.

I am having a hard time breaking free of my news addiction even though it is less stressful now, except for the covid updates. But a new semester started last week and my work projects, emails, and meetings are picking up this week, so that may be the remedy for my news addiction. Of course the Bernie mitten routines have been a delightful diversion from the seriousness of the past few weeks/months.

I’ve been doing my own modified version of Jessica Smith’s January Jump Start for the past few weeks. I’m guessing her new set will take until March or later, but I’m getting better about being patient about it (for now).

Pam: I found two very short Koshi Chimes meditations on Insight Timer that are helpful, a one-minute one from Harriet Emily and a three-minute one from Berczes Adam. And I like a longer chime meditation from Dennis & Kathy Lang called: Chimes with Crystal Bowls.

Pat: I’m glad you got your first dose of vaccine today! DH goes for his first dose on February 12, but I will have to wait awhile to get an appointment since Arizona is only allowing for age 65 and over for now. Of course younger people are eligible if they are essential workers, but since I’m working from home all semester that doesn’t apply to me.

Paine: Vaccine appointments fill up super fast here; DH was lucky to get one. I hope you and your DH can get in soon. I’m so glad your son has received both doses and got by with short and minor side effects.

Beth: I picked up a copy of The Book of Joy at the library and hope to get to it this weekend. I can’t tolerate drill sergeant instructors. That’s partly why I got rid of my Jillian Michaels dvds a few years ago even though I liked some of the workouts. I remember her wanting you to do jumping jacks in the warmups and I was not a fan. But LOL at the El Arroyo signs!

Sherry: Glad to see you checking in again, but so very sorry to hear about your mother’s passing. Sending Big Loving Hugs to you and your son.

Sandra: Good work with the Calm & Strong rotation. I am always substituting whenever I attempt to do any rotation. Jessica’s rotations give me good ideas and sometimes I see a YouTube video that is new to me or that I forgot about.

cyana: I loved hearing about your meditation before getting out of bed; I usually just pet my cat and think of things I’m grateful for. Then the urge for coffee intensifies and I am UP!

Waves to ALL!
Old 01-27-21, 08:00 PM  
YogaGal

I forgot to share a new Trader Joe’s find I picked up earlier this month when I went for my monthly trip a couple of weeks ago. I needed more Umami seasoning, and while getting that I found Citrusy Garlic Seasoning Blend and like it on beans and certain veggies so far!
Old 01-27-21, 10:16 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Missed working out Monday and Tuesday -- no good reason except I got too snuggled into my recliner to want to move. I did get in long outdoor walks both days, though. For

Today's Workout: I'm picking up where I left off with Jessica Smith's Calm & Strong rotation. I'm up to Day 10, and Jessica listed Metabolic Conditioning from Walk Strong 3. That one is more intense than what I want to do right now, so I subbed Total Body Training from her original Walk Strong set.

Yogapam: I think I need a rotation right now, since I'm feeling kind of unfocused right now!

Pat58: Thanks for sharing your experience with the Covid vaccine. At 65 I am technically eligible to get one, but my state is still struggling to make the vaccine available much beyond health care providers and assisted living residents.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 02:17 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~BellyFit zoom series: Shadow Wolf
~neighbourhood walk
~Essentrics TV: Maude’s live - she is officially my favourite instructor!
~Foam roller & YTU class on the Band app
~Reclined & seated stretches & yin poses with DH
~Insight Timer: Chimes with Crystal Bowls meditation - Very nice, thanks for the recommendation Carolyn.

It looks like a lot, but it’s all pretty low key. With not getting out much, I need to keep moving to maintain my sanity. Last week was so nice with distanced family visits & now this week feels like a bit of a let down. This too shall pass!

Sandra - A rotation does give one something to focus on in these unsettled times & January can be a tough month at the best of times. I am trying to focus on preparing for my final Essentrics exam, but I’m feeling a bit scattered.

Carolyn - Oh that TJs seasoning blend sounds yummy. I love their Everything but the Bagel seasoning. One thing I miss about traveling to the US is a stop at Trader Joe’s.

Thanks for the smile Beth!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 01-28-21, 09:10 AM  
sherry7899

I did not do anything yesterday. I have not been sleeping well. I almost skipped today for the same reason, but decided to do something.

Team Body Project Pillars of Progress 2 with Daniel-22 minutes
Yoga with Adriene-Heal 19m

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote