Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-21, 12:13 PM  
acey

I have all her workouts. In the ACE HIIT series, no, not a lot of plyo.

I bought all the GHU DVDs (yes, I'm a hardcore vidiot) and maybe I'm just biased, but I pretty much only do the workouts that Chris leads. I really like her HIIT Kickboxing Gold.
Old 01-25-21, 03:33 PM  
TinaT

acey ~ Thanks for the clarification on the HIIT Series. I might have to get that one. I like what I see on the preview.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 04:00 PM  
kat999

Aw! I used to like her Prevention workouts. I ditched them all a few years ago when I did a mad purge of things that were a little too easy for me at the time, but sometimes I miss them. She's very bubbly and has a lot of motivating personality.
Old 01-25-21, 04:46 PM  
diggerholliday

I like Chris Freytag, too. I like her moderate weights interspersed with cardio. She does a great job of showing a low impact version before launching into high impact. I think she also always shows excellent form. She's usually my go to when I'm trying to figure out what to do next.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 05:49 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
I bought all the GHU DVDs (yes, I'm a hardcore vidiot) and maybe I'm just biased, but I pretty much only do the workouts that Chris leads.
i got to try some of the GHU DVDs. i have to agree with you Acey that just Chris's workouts appealed to me.

to TinaT - Chris's previous workouts (10#SD, 10#SDX, Ace Hiit, Prevention, Move to Lose, Get Your Body Back) are done well. Ace Hiit is doable - it was done for the American Council on Exercise, so the "Hiit" is not puke in the bucket style.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 08:53 PM  
bfit

I like Chris Freytag's workouts, and I still do them. I like the Prevention 3-2-1 workout for easier days. I have the HIIT DVD, and it is easy to modify for low impact. She shows modifications for a lot of the moves too. I like the HIIT workouts because they are 30 minutes. With the 10 Pound Slimdown set you have the choice of 20 minutes and 40 minutes but not 30 minutes.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 09:08 PM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I have a her Ten Pound Slimdown...and I think another one of her dvd sets...if anyone is interested I would be happy to mail them out.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 09:03 AM  
TinaT

It really is amazing all the great instructors that have produced workout dvds over the years. I get hyper focused on just a few and forget about people like Chris F. Especially if they aren't producing workouts on a regular basis like they used to.

I'm going to also check out her Youtube workouts.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 07:16 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i got to try some of the GHU DVDs. i have to agree with you Acey that just Chris's workouts appealed to me.

to TinaT - Chris's previous workouts (10#SD, 10#SDX, Ace Hiit, Prevention, Move to Lose, Get Your Body Back) are done well. Ace Hiit is doable - it was done for the American Council on Exercise, so the "Hiit" is not puke in the bucket style.
I do believe "puke-in-the-bucket" is a VF original, akin to "JoniO-ing"?
Old 01-29-21, 06:49 PM  
danac99

I like Chris Freytag also, although I sometimes forget about her workouts with all the other DVDs I have.

I did her Prevention workout Kickstart Your Metabolism a couple times last month when I wanted a quick weight workout after my walk. I really liked it.

Dana
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chris freytag