Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-27-21, 01:49 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Hi, sweet friends! I am so sorry I am so sporadic. I think our birthdays (his - ours - mine) took more of a mental and emotional toll than I thought they would. I didn't really celebrate much, although my brother came home and took me and mom out to eat and then DD and her fiancé took me out the next day.

I visit the mausoleum most days - even if it's just for a minute to check on the solar LED candle I have left there since Christmas Eve. I talk to him sometimes and cry often. I thought I was past the panic attacks (can't breathe) but they came back a bit this month. I know this is a forever road and will have hills and valleys. It's just frustrating and sad. I miss him beyond words.

DD and her fiance put in an offer on a house and managed to land the house when the first round offer that beat them out fell through. I believe closing is still set for Feb. 19. It is a beautiful older home (built in 69) in a very family friend neighborhood 2 blocks from one of our better elementary schools. DD dreams of babies. I pray they have one! I could use some sunshine!

They are still slated to marry Mar. 21, but DD has some days that she won't work on the wedding. Some days her grief over DH just overpowers the planning process. She is a super sensitive soul.

I am so sorry for being away for so long. I have been working out - although I find if I do weights more than 2 days in a row or push with a longer workout, I will miss a day or two... or just do a 1 mile walk. I am enjoying Rick Bhullar's disco walk. If you haven't tried it, you should. https://youtu.be/RgzdDZ_Tz5g

I had better go for now. Will try to catch up on reading the posts and then will post my workouts. That's my plan!

Waves! I miss you all!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 02:09 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Cher: Congratulations to Joseph! Hope it's going well.

Vannie:Are the covid treatments still working for your FIL? I find it interesting they are using some drugs that are commonly used in cattle for viruses.

Karen & JBliff:Hi!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 04:35 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Supercuts + Candlelight Yoga energizing segment.

Gibbee - It's great to hear from you. Just post whenever you feel you can. I'm so sorry about your grief. Do you have any kind of support group you can meet with?

Karjoy - No snow for us so far, but it will be getting pretty cold the rest of the week.

Cher
- Glad your DH found something to entertain him. My DH loves to do projects around the house. The poor thing is so bored from having to be inside all the time.

Vannie - I hope things are well with you and your family.

Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 10:05 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Glad to hear from you Gibbee!! Missed you. KarenG
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 11:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. Sorry I didn't post yesterday after feeling all gloom and doom the day before. Yesterday and today have been much better. Monday I finally convinced myself to do Rowvember day 10. I couldn't mentally muster anything more but I was happy I didn't bail completely. I've pretty much convinced myself the numbness in my fingers is a carpal tunnel type thing. I shredded a 3 lb roast and by the time I was finished all my fingers were numb, and it reminded me that when I worked at the ice cream shoppe in college the same thing would happen on nights I had to chop a lot of veggies for pizzas. I had some problems with pain in my right wrist when I was at my last job until I bought a mouse pad with gel wrist rest. Plus my dad and all his siblings have had carpal tunnel syndrome and Dad is the only one who hasn't had surgery for it. I freak out anytime I have unusual symptoms bc I'm so scared it could be ALS. Dad reminded me that if I live in fear of it then the disease wins even when I don't have it. Most of the time I don't let it enter my mind but there are days I can't fight the thoughts about it even though I know he's right.

My father-in-law said he is feeling much better and isn't even exhausted. So thankful! Our old pastor had been in the hospital with covid then moved to rehab and he got to go home yesterday. More to be grateful for. My grandma got her first vaccination today.

Yesterday before breakfast I did LWR Fitness Advent day 9, which was a short walking type workout, and then Fightmaster day 15. After our walk I ran 1.988 mi on the tm for wk1 day1, which was still run 60 sec walk 90 sec. I bumped up the speed a little on the runs but still not trying to go fast (for me). Then I did a premix of Super Cuts (great minds, JB!). I was thinking there was smthg else but now I can't remember. This morning before breakfast I did the next days of LWR (short "HIIT" workout which was not actually HIIT) and Fightmaster. After our walk I shoveled for 70 minutes. This was the hardest shoveling bc it was the ice chunks and hard packed snow the snowplow threw onto our sidewalk. It needs about that long again but it's passable for dog and human side by side and I didn't want to push my back too hard. I ended up skipping the rest of my planned workouts after that. My knee is hurting so I figured it was just as well not running and jumping rope on it today. It hasn't bothered me in close to two years so not sure what's going on with it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 12:05 AM  
Vantreesta

JB, is Candlelight Yoga from Crunch? I suspect my anxiety was already creeping up on Saturday so that could have affected how I felt about the Pump premix. Next time I do it I may feel differently.

Cheryl, I hope Joseph's first days have gone well. Glad you didn't get more snow than that for him to deal with.

Karen, snowshoeing is a great workout but not hard to do. We have the newer style that are smaller and not the old fashioned huge kind. I do have to walk with a little wider stance so my hips really feel the work. Way to go on the 13 mile run!

Gibbee, it's so good to hear from you. It sounds like you are doing what you need to take care of yourself. My father-in-law spent a lot of time at the cemetery for months after they were finally able to bury my mother-in-law in May. I think it can be very therapeutic sometimes. And I know what you mean about being affected more by things you don't expect. My birthday triggered a lot for me and lasted through the holidays. Like you said, it's a journey and we can't always see what's around the next bend in the road. Sending you more hugs and prayers.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-28-21, 12:21 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk in town with DH + Susan Chung's Rapid Fire workout without the metabolic weight segments.

Vannie
- Yes Candlelight Yoga is the Crunch workout with Sarah Ivanhoe. Shoveling ice and snow for 70 minutes is a serious workout!

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 12:46 PM  
Vantreesta

JB, thanks, I'll have to look and see if I ever got that yoga practice. This shoveling definitely felt like work and other than messing up my planned workouts even more, I did not feel guilty for not doing the rest of what I scheduled!

Old 01-28-21, 07:31 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie I am happy your father in law is doing much better. Wonderful! Shoveling hard packed snow sounds very hard.

We were able to run in shorts 2 days this week but it is getting cold again tonight so out come the layers in the morning. That’s Florida for you.

Cher I’m glad your DH is doing puzzles and enjoying it.

Jbliff my DH loves to be outdoors but hates the cold. Still, he seems to find a lot to do indoors and said he is not bored. He plays golf twice a week. Ya’ll walk a fair amount so that hopefully helps.

Hugs Gibbee, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 08:20 AM  
Cher

Drive By!

Workout yesterday was about 15 minutes of Jenny Ford’s Step By Step & Combo 1 & 2 of Cathe’s Party Rockin Step #1. Forced myself to exercise for that long. I think it’s this really cold weather making me have no interest in working out. All I want to do is stay bundled up a read.

Waves! Back later to catch up!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote