Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-26-21, 10:48 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Anyone have results to share from her programs?
Eating more! Upper body definition is more noticeable. Core perhaps but I also do pilates daily. Tired shoulders.
Old 01-26-21, 03:58 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
I've been eyeing her workouts but trying not to get distracted while I'm enjoying EPIC so much. But last night I tried one of growingannans' 15 minute mobility/stretch workouts and it really hit the spot. Please share more about the ones you like!
I’ve done a few of her 12 minute Hiits as a finisher to an Epic strength workout. One of Anna’s 12 min hiits is in front of a body of water. I really like that one a lot. Epic doesn’t have a lot of cardio (Caroline daily walks her dog, gets 10,000 steps and runs occasionally depending on how she feels so doesn’t schedule in extra cardio for herself) so adding in Anna’s short 12 to 15 minute hiits after a 50 minute Epic strength works well for me. Now I’m adding on Cardio Party Mashup stuff which is longer and I should probably scale back to Growingannanas but I like the dance aspect of CPM and can’t help myself.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 09:57 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I started the beginners series the other day. I liked the lower body one-only a few of them I found really hard. I did the upper body one today and I found it challenging-I kind of struggled with it. It was very core intensive. I went into today thinking I would do both the upper body and core workouts but there was no way that was going to happen. I also did her 20 minute glute workout with the band. It was not that hard but I probably need to use a heavier band. I also wish the exercise sections were longer-it moved kind of fast.

I do like not having instructor chatter and am looking forward to trying the 4th workout in the series which uses weights.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 11:03 PM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I did the upper body one today and I found it challenging-I kind of struggled with it.
Don't be discouraged! I started with the Beginner series back in Oct/Nov and Day 2 was definitely the hardest. With weights, you can always lift lighter, but bodyweight exercises, you have what you have...

Everyone who's trying her workouts, feel free to drop into our Caroline Girvan/EPIC check-in:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230250

Doesn't matter if you're following any version of EPIC, mixing with other workouts, dipping in and out, or just curious. Everyone is welcome!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 10:40 AM  
kat999

I just did my first session of the Beginner series this morning, and wow, that was fun! I found that my knees didn't like a couple of the moves, so I'm going to think of ways to make those a little safer for how I'm built. I might use my FIRM box instead of a chair, for example; I think the height was too much on the single-leg lunges and whatnot. I sort of dig the music, but it feels a little generic. Does anyone use their own playlist and just keep her on mute? I guess the problem there would be that you wouldn't hear the timer.
Old 02-03-21, 11:28 AM  
rhbrand

I've been looking at her workouts for a couple days and I think I'm going to start doing some of her workouts.
Old 02-04-21, 01:43 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did all the beginner workouts except HIIT. I got sidetracked by the snowstorm and had to do alot of "Shovel Max" two days in a row. I didn't feel up to doing 30 minutes of HIIT along with tons of burpees today (Don't know if I will ever be up to it frankly) so I did a Linda Woolridge lower body workout and Caroline's 8 minute lower abs workout. I didn't like that the ab workout didn't have the beep to alert you of a change in exercise but it was otherwise pretty good. Someone made a comment about the lack of the beep and she started adding it to her workouts. I guess that was one of her early ones.

I may join the check in and start Beginners series again before I venture into the Epic rotation, although I am not sure I like the way Epic is set up or if I have the time for hour long workouts. I need to explore some more.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 03:49 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I may join the check in and start Beginners series again before I venture into the Epic rotation, although I am not sure I like the way Epic is set up or if I have the time for hour long workouts. I need to explore some more.
I am thinking I may need to stick with half hour workouts for a while -- her stuff is tough on my shoulders and I may need to build up to it. I actually did the beginner upper and lower body workouts on the same day, making it an hour, but maybe because it was beginner it was doable. I looked through the EPIC workouts and I'm not really sure I can handle that yet.
Old 02-04-21, 06:51 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I am thinking I may need to stick with half hour workouts for a while -- her stuff is tough on my shoulders and I may need to build up to it. I actually did the beginner upper and lower body workouts on the same day, making it an hour, but maybe because it was beginner it was doable. I looked through the EPIC workouts and I'm not really sure I can handle that yet.
I could never do an hour of just the individual weight workouts. But the full body one was definitely doable. When she uses weights, I lift much lighter. And I like the 30 minute hiit or cardio routines. I’ve only done a handful of workouts so far. My opinion may change as I get accustomed to her style and intensity.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 06:54 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Caroline's workouts can be tough, there are some EPIC ones that I can handle but the majority of them are pretty hard for me. Especially the ones that have lower body complexes. I am just not interested in doing several straight minutes of lower body work, not my thing really.

She does have many workouts that I do like, but they are mostly before the EPIC ones were published.

I also really like Heather Robertson, and while this thread is about Caroline, Heather's workouts are really more my speed and pace. I like both of them though and they are my main YT instructors that I follow.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan