Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-24-21, 11:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Jane Fonda Firm & Burn, Latin workout. Fun, fun fun and a good hip / butt / thighs workout.
~ My own yoga series for spine and hip openers.

Sherry, enjoy the Shakti Warriors. After getting through season 2 I'll start over with those.

Everyone have a great Sunday.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 12:24 PM  
sherry7899

Pat, I have still only done one Shakti warrior. I need to go back to those. I was talking about Alice's January through March hour long Zoom bellyfit classes.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 12:26 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Buns of Steel Floorwork: Legs & Inner Thighs wearing 1.5 pounds on each ankle
Yin Yoga with Kim Eng: Yin Yoga 2 Poses (Tadpole to Frog Sequence; Happy Baby; Windshield Wiper & Spinal Twist)

Smithey's BOS and Kim Eng's Yin Yoga was a wonderful combination. After Smithey fried my buns/legs, Kim Eng nicely stretched them out. I hadn't done Kim's Yin Yoga in a long time and I was reminded how much I like the practice I did today. One thing that Kim Eng said that I thought was great during Tadpole to Frog Sequence was:

"If emotions arise, don't go into the story as all emotions usually have a story behind it. Instead, notice where the sensations in your body are the strongest and feel them without resistance."
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 03:05 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, Bellyfit sounds like a very supportive thing you can do for yourself right now.

Pam, I like hearing about the silver linings about the pandemic, like you being able to spend time with your sister.

Pat, very cool that you were able to do the Zoom class with your niece - plus, the yin/yoga nidra combo sounds lovely.

Paine, sounds like you found a really nice combo for yourself today. The next video I film for the studio's On Demand is going to be a yin class.

I can't believe that this is the last full week of January already! Here was my week:

Monday
Nourish Move Love (YT) - 10m Tabata Cardio Kickboxing
Pop Sugar Fitness (YT) - 30m Kickboxing Inspired Cardio Dance Workout
AM Yoga for Your Week - Standing Poses

Tuesday
Callanetics Express - Upper Body Express
Schiffmann Shoulder Stretches
TAUGHT yoga

Wednesday
Yoga: Altar of the Heart

Thursday
Get Ripped & Jacked - Biceps, Shoulders
@20 minutes restorative practice on YT (stopped b/c it became more yin and I just wanted to rest!)
Melissa West (YT) - 30m Daily Rest for Stress Relief

Friday
30MTF Build & Burn - Cardio/Tone Intervals, Cardio only premix
Yoga with Tim (YT) - Day 20, Mobility

Saturday
Hatha yoga class with Carol
Barre class

Sunday
Yoga Core Cross Train (both strength & restorative)

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 05:21 PM  
cyana

Hi All - another fun week in work paradise (not).

Today:
Legs and shoulders using the BFR bands. Worked to exhaustion and definitely had a cardio effect going with the legs - wooooo! Followed that up with some Essentrics hip cleaners and a good stretch.

I don't know if I previously mentioned that Lee H. is recovering from COVID. He's supposed to let us know what he did for self-care once he's back to doing classes and his Tea With Lee calls. It didn't sound as though he had a bad time of things, fortunately.

Sherry - ((Hugs)). Sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I've always thought BellyFit looked fun and keep meaning to try the one on YT - and promptly forget about it!

Beth - Now that I think about it, I don't believe I've ever been to a live barre class. MFML now has some barre classes and I'm hoping to try some of those soon. I've been enjoying the Bernie Mitten memes - saw one yesterday with him in a Bob Ross painting. Who knew Bernie and his sensible (warm) coat and mittens would be such a hit amongst all the designer clothes and Lady Gaga's huge pin?

Paine - I like the Kim Eng quote. Her demeanor is absolutely lovely.

Pam - I love the Rodney-isms and the groins are amongst my favorites.

Pat - What a wonderful surprise to find your grandniece on the Zoom class!!

Sandra - Thanks for the good week-end wishes - mine has blown by far too fast!

DH is calling me to the table. We're having homemade guacamole and I'm having the Siete grain free chips with mine.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 05:49 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, let me know when your Yin class will be. Is it a live class or can it be streamed anytime?

Cyana, I didn't know that Lee Holden had covid. It's good to know that he is doing OK.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 06:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, the yin class will be through the studio's streaming On Demand service. It is a pay service, but you can also sign up for a week for free.

cyana, I think this is the 2nd live barre class I went to, but I also overhead one in Boston a few years back. The instructors all barked instructions like drill sergeants! Although yesterday's class was fast, the instructor's overall style was more approachable.

Pam, I like Barre3 for the cardio effect too, but I never felt those instructors to be teaching in that super-fast format.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 07:53 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Dynamic Stretch from Jessica Smith's Total Stretch DVD. A copy of this DVD was gifted to me by my local VF buddy but for whatever reason I have no memory of having done this particular routine before. I did like it, although it was a little challenging for me in a couple places and I had to use the chair modification once.

Cyana: I hadn't heard Lee Holden had Covid! I'm glad it was apparently a light case.

Paine: It is always wonderful when two different routines you pair up for a workout end up complementing each other!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 02:47 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Wink

Today’s workouts:
~Body Groove 30 min
~BellyFit Zoom series: Dark Night - cardio only, about 35 min
~Essentrics TV: 30 min Full Body with Jenny Bertrand
~Kim Eng’s Yin Yoga - inspired by Paine
~Insight Timer: Lotus Pond Guided Meditation

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 07:39 AM  
sherry7899

Pam, I may try one of the cardio sections of Bellyfit this week. Did it have a lot of TIFT'ing?

This morning:

Body Project (one from you tube, so I don't know the title) 30 minutes
Yoga Ranger quick flow and meditation 15 minutes

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote