Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-21, 02:52 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Day 33:
~Yee’s AMY4YW: hip openers
~Insight Timer: Lotus Relaxation Guided Visualization

Beth - I haven’t done Altar of the Heart in years. I’m pretty sure I still have it somewhere. I started my Sadhana with an old fave, Yoga Mind & Body.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 09:51 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Day 32:
~BellyFit Flow: Ice Queen
~Insight Timer: The River of Life

Beth & Pat - I’ve always wanted to like Barbara Benagh’s practices, but I also find them disjointed. Some have a lot of alternating standing & floor.

Vantreesta - Can’t say I’ve ever used visualization to achieve a goal. I do find guided visualization meditations very relaxing though.
Oops, Pam, I missed your reply! Sorry about that! When I first started meditating I preferred the guided imagery type. I should do some of those again. I think they helped with my anxiety. I started using Insight Timer when work was quickly going down the cr***er and it really helped. I'm not always good about doing seated undistracted meditation but I often listen to them while I'm doing things and think I still get some benefit. When I listened while I worked (medical billing, did it for many years and could do it in my sleep so was able to work accurately even while listening) I think the biggest benefit was the calm voices of the leaders and just knowing I was making attempts at self care. Thankfully I continued with meditation even after I quit that miserable job!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 11:22 AM  
Ilde

Day 34:
LH Qigong 30-Day Challenge: Days 19-24 (Fire)
Happy Yoga Total Body Stretch

Day 33:
LH Qigong 30-Day Challenge: Days 13-18 (Wood)

Day 32:
LH Qigong 30-Day Challenge: Days 7-12 (Water)
Ilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 01:02 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

01/22/2021 - Day 33:

Bellyfit TV2 class 1, Confidence, then participated in a yin / yoga nidra workshop through my yoga studio. I was overjoyed and surprised to see my grand niece Charlotte join in via Zoom. I haven't seen her since September when she and her boyfriend suddenly moved to Vermont. So needless to say, it was a very joyful workshop.

Pam, that's true about BB's routines. The patchwork way the BWM practices are comprised does make for a choppy experience. I have a couple KCM's that I don't do because of "up and down syndrome."

Beth, I haven't done Altar of the Heart in I can't remember how long. I'll never part with it though. I wonder if I can still do it?

Happy Saturday everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 04:25 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, I agree about Benagh having a lot of up & down, especially in AM-PM yoga. I did keep her Yoga for Stress Relief and her Yoga for Back Care.

Pam, it's nice to revisit old favorites during the sadhana! I just love everything about Altar--Tilak's voice, the music, the sequencing, the setting.

Vannie, my meditations are almost always guided, although sometimes I'll do a few minutes of a specific practice (e.g., gratitude, lovingkindness) when I get into bed.

Ilde, I've always been curious about those alarm clocks! One of the main things I don't like about winter is how dark and gray it is.

This morning I went to a nice gentle yoga class followed by an upbeat barre class--those should have been the other way around, LOL.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 12:59 AM  
Vantreesta

I stayed up till about 1:15 this morning and then slept like a rock. Normally I partially wake up sometime during the night and take off my socks and turn off and take off my earphone headband. This morning I woke up and realized everything was still on and my sunrise lamp never even registered in my brain. I slept right through it. Sometimes it wakes me then I fall back asleep and it turning off wakes me but I was dead to the world till the noisy alarm went off. I got up 10 minutes later with no additional alarms. Before I got out of bed I pushed play on the visualization I listened to the other night. But I made sure I was fully awake before I started it and in no real danger of falling back to sleep!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 02:30 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Day 34:
~Long reclined & seated stretch with my DH, he’s been complaining of feeling generally stiff. We did forward bends, hip openers, twists, a little foam rolling, & finished with a long yin chest opener using a bolster (me) or half foam roller (him).
~Insight Timer: Mountain Visualization

Vantreesta - No worries, personal replies are always optional. I’m glad you enjoyed a nice long sleep!

Beth - One if the reasons I love Barre3 streaming is the quicker pace & cardio effect.

Pat - How fun to do the yin/Nidra class with your niece! Was it the same instructor as the one I did with you a few months ago? I really enjoyed it a lot!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 11:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

01/23/2021 - Day 34:

My own post-cardio yoga series for spine and hips, plus inversion table. I also did a middle back healing meditation from one of my Indie-Go apps.

Pam, it was the same instructor - Heidi. She sent us Reiki during the nidra, it was wonderful. The yin was a little more challenging this time which I enjoyed.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 02:24 PM  
Ilde

Day 35:
LH Qigong 30-Day Challenge: Days 25-30 (Earth)

This time of revisiting the challenge I decided to do it in a condensced form. Stringing the days together felt beneficial and blissful.
I'm really enjoying reading about the variety of interesting practices everyone is doing.

Day 34:
LH Qigong 30-Day Challenge: Days 19-24 (Fire)
Happy Yoga Total Body Stretch

Day 33:
LH Qigong 30-Day Challenge: Days 13-18 (Wood)
Ilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 06:05 PM  
Helen

Oops - playing catchup on the posting, buried at my desk doing back-to-work prep (teacher, on long summer holidays, but our "long" holidays are only 5 weeks)
Easy to list hough, since switching to just following Tim's 30 Day challenge.
Still starting my days with these, as it kicks me off into positive productivity.

All from Tim Senesi's 30 Day Challenge
Day 15 Sadana = Day 5 of Challenge, Thu 21st Jan
Day 16 Sadana = Day 6 of Challenge, Fri 22nd Jan
Day 17 Sadana = Day 7 of Challenge, Sat 23rd Jan
Day 18 Sadana = Day 8 of Challenge, Sun 24th Jan

Now it's Monday, and back-to-work on Wednesday, so FEELS like first week of work. Shall endeavour to post every evening - which will add another positive habit.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sadhana