Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-16-21, 01:19 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! Yesterday featured:

~ An LWR Be Your Best workout
~ Unplugged 2002
~ AM Yoga for Your Week Hip Openers

When I started the LWR, I realized it was a repeat of day 3 which I'd already done but I kept up because I was already hidden in the conference room. Crud!

Paine - OMG - one in three! That's awful! I hope vaccinations are being distributed and that LA is considered a priority area.

Beth - that article is cute.

Pam - I've been meaning to say I really like your avatar.

Sanda, hope you had a nice walk!

Be well everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 01:12 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Today’s offerings:
~Big step count with city walks & play time with our granddaughters.... 20,428
~forward bends & hip openers on my own

Pat - My avatar gives me hope for the future... “No mud, no lotus”....

Paine - Wow, those are very scary statistics in your county!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 08:59 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

I miss our check in, so I am going to try to post. I may not respond to others' posts. I am sorry about that. I am just not up to it.

I have been exercising (four cardio sessions and one yoga session last week) but not posting.

This morning:

Team Body Project Walking Cardio 33 minutes
Yoga Ranger Yin Yoga Snack for hips

I am going to try to do meditation every day.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 10:58 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, I hope you know that no apologizes are necessary - for anything!!! I hope your meditation practice is a comfort. If you need anything, let us know.

More later...

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 12:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sherry - Welcome back & never worry about personals, they are always optional. We are just glad you’re here!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 12:25 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Unplugged Season 19 (#1901) and (1902)
Voight Pure & Simple Stretch (Floor Stretch practice)

I thoroughly enjoyed working out with Margaret this morning. I was going to only do one episode but after the first episode I wanted to do another workout so I did.

SHERRY!! XX OO I'm so happy to see you! You don't have to respond to anyone. You are doing well with your exercise and in fact, you're doing much better than me. On Friday night, I didn't sleep the entire night--not one minute, so I yesterday was an unplanned rest day. I've been having too many unplanned rest days.

Sandra, thank you for your support! Yes, one way or another we will get through this.

Pat, they aren't giving L.A. any priority for vaccines. It goes by phases and tiers in the state of CA (health care workers first, long-term care residents, then age 65 and older, people working in education, childcare, emergency services, food/agriculture, etc.)

Pam, wow, that was a fantastic step count with your granddaughters!
Yes it's scary. The more contagious strain of covid is here in CA too so I don't want to leave my house unless I absolutely have to.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 04:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, (((hugs))) both for the lack of sleep and for the high infection rate in your area!

Pam, I love the "no mud, no lotus" saying. Are you back at home now? Hope you had a great getaway!

Pat, that is annoying about the repeat workout. I think I'm going to try to get AM Yoga for Your Week in this week, maybe the standing section.

Sandra, great that you are still getting your walks in. It's been so gray here that it's hard to motivate myself to get out. I'm off tomorrow, so maybe I'll try for a walk then.

Does anyone plan out their workouts for the week? I have a small white board in my workout room labelled with the days of the week but almost never use it anymore. I want to get back to this, at least a rough outline; I think it would help with days like today when it takes me awhile to get going b/c I have too many choices of what to do.

Back in a moment to post my week...

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-17-21, 04:30 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I had a fairly solid week this week.

Monday
Yoga with Tim (YT) - Release Hip Flexors & ??? (haha, can't read my own writing!)
KB Squared - all kickboxing combos + 1 kettlebell
DoYouYoga (YT) - 14 Day Yoga Shred with Sadie, Day 7, Restorative

Tuesday
Kate Vantucci Yoga (YT) - Wacky Wall Walker
TAUGHT Yoga

Wednesday
Sarah Starr (YT) - Chair Yoga Refreshed
30MTF Strength & Stamina - Workout #1
Yoga with Tim (YT) - Day 7, Breath
Jennifer Kreatsoulas (YT) - A Practice to Cultivate Inner Balance with Breath

Thursday
Tracy Anderson (YT) - Method Workout for Beginners 1
Tracy Campoli (YT) - Best of Arms
Yoga with Tim (YT) - ??? (this one I didn't even write down)

Friday
Subtle Yoga (YT) - Exploring Lateral Bends
Psyche Truth (YT) - Yoga with Allison, Yin Yoga for Lower Body & Hip Pain
Tracy Anderson (YT) - Method Workout for Beginners 1

Saturday
TAUGHT yoga
Yoga Pulse #3, Strength & Stamina

Sunday
AM-PM Yoga - Get Up & Go
Shakti Dance Warrior - Lesson 8, Blossom into Your Goal
Callanetics Express - Stretch Express

ETA: I looked at my YouTube History and figured out the Thursday Yoga with Tim, which was Day 9. I wasn't crazy about that one since he had someone else modeling, which mean that he was doing long flow series without many prompts. I actually like when Tim talks more b/c he provides great info...and he's pretty goofy, too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-17-21, 05:09 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, you had a nice workout week!
I wish I could plan my workouts for the week but I wouldn't stick to it. I wake up in the morning and I ask myself what exercise I feel like doing that day and go from there.
Yep, I'm in covid land. On the positive--today it was 82 degrees, sunny and beautiful outside.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 08:58 PM  
cyana

Hi Everyone - I'm not even going to bother posting my work-outs for this week. Yep, it was that bad. The insomnia gremlins had a convention in my head all week, so I've been dragging. I mainly did breath work, Mindfulness training, read articles from my old stash of Yoga Journal Magazines (back when it was nice and thick and had lots of good articles in it - and recipes) and some self-guided meditations.

Beth - Appropriate timing of that article - Friday afternoon I told one of my co-workers I thought last week had lasted at least two weeks, so maybe I was on to something and didn't know it.

Sherry - Good to see you. (((Hugs))). Absolutely no pressure. I thought of you this past week during the Mindfulness training session - the facilitator had a piece of art behind him made from album covers.

Paine - Sunny and 82.....that would've made me forget my worries - at least for a while.

Pam - Love your new avatar pic. It jumps right off the page. I love everything lotus. Hope you're enjoying your getaway.

Pat - I think I need to do some LWR work-outs this week to get myself picked up and de-zombified.

Linda - I don't know anyone who's had shoulder surgery who didn't feel the same way as you at this point. That IS a pain about the doctor and the treatment plan and definitely not what you needed at this point when you just want to get back to normal.

Sandra - I could use some of your walking mojo. It was gray, cold and drizzly much of the week....and windy. I admit I've been enjoying seeing all the colorful coats the dogs are wearing, LOL!

While I was at the farmer's market yesterday, one of the people that I met through the market and see every week told me she'd gotten the first dose of the Moderna vaccine a few days earlier with no side effects. She's 65 and also a teacher. Sounds like two more vaccine candidates might be submitted to the FDA for EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) consideration within a month or less and at least one of those is only one injection.

Waves to ALL

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote