Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-13, 10:49 AM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
I never had much luck with natural deodorants, but a combination of two parts cornstarch to one part baking soda (applied with a puff like the ones that come with a pressed powder compact) works better for me than any deodorant/antipersperant. Even in the summer when it's 90 degrees with 200% humidity and I'm doing an intense cardio workout!
I just started using baking soda and cornstarch baby powder and I agree, it works really, really well. I use way more cornstarch, though.

I also have Tom's of Maine deodorant in Apricot which is okay, not great. I find I have to do a quick wash & reapplication in the afternoons. Crystal deodorant worked better than Tom's but the cornstarch/baking soda works best.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-13, 11:04 AM  
DI431

When I had breast cancer I could not use antipersperant/deodorant for 30 days after my surgery. Nothing I tried worked(powders cornstarch, aloe, natural deodorants, even tried alcohol), I could not wait to start using my Sure and Certain Dri again.
DI431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-13, 11:28 AM  
rockette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
How do you mix in the coconut oil?

I have been trying to find a natural deodorant alternative...I ordered one from Bodyshop called Deodry...still had the propylene glycol in it.

Jackie
I just mix it all together. 1/8 c cornstarch, 1/8 c baking soda and 2 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil. You can also add a few drops essential oils for fragrance if you like. Being that I'm in So Fl, if I don't keep it in the fridge then it's going to be soft. I usually just keep it on my dresser so it does stay soft but I just put a very small dab under each arm.
Old 01-24-13, 11:47 AM  
rosepetals

I don't wear any.

I don't stink.

Ever since I saw a Dr. who put me on a detoxing cleanse, I don't need it.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-13, 11:53 AM  
spotted zebra

I tried pretty much all the natural alternatives I could find in local health stores one year when I was experimenting, before I found Lavilin (not to be confused with Lavanila, which is a different product and one I haven't tried), and nothing else I tried worked for me. So I was really surprised that Lavilin not only worked, but worked for many days at a time, even when I was on vacation in tropical weather. For me one application of Lavilin works for 7-8 days. My friend who uses it can go for 5-6 days before he needs to use it again, so the number of days varies from person to person. Lavilin eliminates the bacteria in perspiration so you sweat but there's no smell. The active ingredients are calendula and arnica, and it's free of alcohol, aluminum and parabens.

I assume these other natural deodorants people are discussing are needed daily? Most of the other ones I tried (including brands not mentioned here) were daily natural deodorants and only worked for me for a few hours at most. So going from being stink-free for a few hours extended to a week was nothing short of a miracle for me.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-13, 11:55 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
I don't wear any.

I don't stink.

Ever since I saw a Dr. who put me on a detoxing cleanse, I don't need it.
What kind of detox cleanse did you do? I do detoxes now and then, but nothing had that effect on me! I'm intrigued.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-13, 12:16 PM  
rosepetals

I don't think I can post the information here due to rules. But if you want to pm me, I will let you know more.

All I can say is I am still on it. It is life changing for the better !!!

I can't remember when in my life I ever felt better.

It feels like it's reversing my health issues. I am soooo happy with the improvement.

It's unique in many ingredients. I have done many cleanses, but nothing works like this one does.
Old 01-24-13, 12:17 PM  
rosepetals

The crystal deodorants contain alum which is made from aluminum or a close relative of it. So it's not as healthy as they say it is.
Old 01-24-13, 01:51 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
I like Naturally Fresh crystal deoderant. You can usually find it at Walmart or chain drug stores.

http://www.naturallyfreshdeodorantcrystal.com/
I absolutely second this one.

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-13, 02:54 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
I don't think I can post the information here due to rules. But if you want to pm me, I will let you know more.

All I can say is I am still on it. It is life changing for the better !!!

I can't remember when in my life I ever felt better.

It feels like it's reversing my health issues. I am soooo happy with the improvement.

It's unique in many ingredients. I have done many cleanses, but nothing works like this one does.
can you please PM me? thanks

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deodorants, natural deodorants