Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-19, 02:35 PM  
BunnyHop

Can someone help me understand Deciem?

Their products look interesting, and the price is right for some of them, but for others I just have no idea what I'm looking at. How on earth do you figure out what you need?

Is the fact that I use a browser/PC part of the problem? The format of their site just drives me nuts.
Old 01-18-19, 04:39 PM  
MsThistlebottom

nvm

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-19, 05:20 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
But Deciem as a company is--how can I put this delicately?--in a state of flux after some strange goings-on last year. It's not clear whether Beautylish will be carrying this line in the future.
They have re-opened, Brandon is gone, they are expanding w/ more stores & more products, and Sephora is now carrying their products.
I hope they continue to succeed & grow cause their products far exceed any others I've tried and they are affordable.
Old 01-18-19, 05:23 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Can someone help me understand Deciem?

Their products look interesting, and the price is right for some of them, but for others I just have no idea what I'm looking at. How on earth do you figure out what you need?
Start with one of their regimen guides or contact them directly for more specific needs or regarding some of their other lines.
Old 01-18-19, 10:30 PM  
BunnyHop

Thank you all for the advice, I'll take a better look.

I'd heard about their corporate drama even before I'd ever heard of the line, which I guess is why I never tried them before this. Now that some of you have tried and recommended them however ... .

I can't believe I didn't know they were on Sephora. I used to visit that site all the time.

I used to use Paula's Choice, but the fact that Paula started out debunking the BS of the big corporations and then let her company become some sort of marketing behemoth has kinda turned me off.
Old 01-19-19, 08:16 AM  
donnamp

Anna - I sort of feel the same way about Paula - she started out debunking the need for all these products, only to turn around and create them. I guess generally her stuff is better - since at least she leaves fragrance out, but it is pricey and I'm not sure how much different/better it is than stuff you can buy in the drugstore.

I have been curious about The Ordinary, too, but find a lot of the products confusing and I wonder if it would be overkill for my skin to use so many products? I seem to do best with simple.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-19, 09:10 AM  
Diana3271

I am looking for short tutorials for applying eye makeup for women over 50. Any recommendations? TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-19, 10:07 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
I have used for years. Started with Elysee's Fountain of Youth Line Diminishing Gel which I really liked but didn't like the price, have switched to Deciem The Ordinary's along with their Argireline. I rotate these with their Buffet peptide complex, which also contain both.
Thanks!

Anyone else tried matrixyl?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-19, 10:16 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Thanks!

Anyone else tried matrixyl?
I am curious, too. I have used other products in this line. https://www.timelessha.com/products/...000-serum-1-oz

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-19, 11:53 AM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I am looking for short tutorials for applying eye makeup for women over 50. Any recommendations? TIA
Have you checked Hot and Flashy? She's done multiple eye tutorials for women over 50. Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X1MgFTNaws

It's just over 7 minutes.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin