Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-13-19, 01:54 PM  
leigh1673

I've had good results with Paula's Choice products this past year, but I'm branching out a bit at the start of 2019. I've just started experimenting with some products by Sunday Riley. I'm using her C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum, Luna Night Oil, Good Genes lactic acid, and Tidal Brightening Water Cream. My skin definitely looks "brighter" but longer-term results are TBD!

Quote:
I've been using Deciem The Ordinary's anti-aging regimen and it has changed my skin texture and seems to be aging backwards. My routine is AM - after cleansing: Buffet (or Matrixyl & Argiriline), Marine Hyaluronics, followed by Natural Moisturizing Factors. PM- after cleansing: Buffet, Retinoid 2% in Squalane followed by Hemi Squalane or Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil and Natural Moisturizing Factors.
This is my next line I want to try--I've heard great things, and the price point is very enticing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Hi everyone!

Could I chime in with a question?

My skin is lots dryer than it ever was when I was younger. Changing hormone levels, I guess.

The irritating thing is that even though I need to moisturize my face, the ones I've tried so far have caused breakouts. (Wrinkles and pimples, oh, the joys of getting older.)

How do you figure out what to use on your face to moisturize?

This is making me a little nuts. So frustrating.
I struggle with dry skin, and I've had good luck with Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer.

I've also noticed a difference (and my esthetician has commented on) an improved difference in my skin texture since incorporating pure Hyaluronic Acid in the morning - after my vitamin C and before my SPF lotion. Paula's Choice brand is good, but you can find cheaper ones on Amazon.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 01:59 PM  
Loric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Has anyone tried Thrive Causemetics? Ads keep coming up for me. I'm intrigued by their eyeliner.
I've tried several Thrive cosmetics and the only one I've repurchased several times is the mascara, which I love! The eyeliner, brow liner & lip gloss were all just meh.
Loric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 02:01 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Anna, I use Neutrogena Visibly Even Moisturizer. It works good for me and I am picky about anything that goes on my face because when I was younger I had oily skin and was prone to breakouts.

Also, I just want to mention how much I love Toppik and Big Sexy Hair Powder Play. I am 60 and my hair has been thinning on top - Toppik has made a world of difference. I also have fine hair that tends to go flat and since I’ve been using Powder Play I no longer need to use a half can of hairspray every time I do my hair. They are miracle products as far as I’m concerned and I never have fewer than 2 bottles of each on hand. I had to laugh the other day when my order of Powder Play came to the house and my boy friend called me and said, “Did you order some Sexy Powder?” If only it were that easy..
Where do you get the Topik? Amazon? My hairstylist uses it on another client. I have thought about getting some.
Old 01-13-19, 02:19 PM  
Gams

I’ve gotten it from Amazon before but I couldn’t find my color this last time, so I ordered directly from toppik.com.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 05:03 PM  
seww

I haven't looked through the entire thread but this recommendation is for HAIR!

Kristin Ess Loose Styling Powder
Kristin Ess Thickening Spray

Both add volume to fine hair and I purchase them at Target.
seww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 07:03 PM  
Bluebelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Bluebelle & Kitty Have either of you or anyone else here tried these toners from Paula's Choice?

https://www.paulaschoice.com/skin-re...toner/125.html

https://www.paulaschoice.com/resist-...toner/767.html
No, I haven't. Looks interesting. Thanks!
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 08:02 PM  
BunnyHop

Thank you all so very much for all the suggestions!

I'm making a list and will see what happens next.

I'd been using Vanicream, Lite and regular as body lotions, and it's fine for that, but apparently my face dislikes it. Guess I didn't really think it through.

Donna, I remember Simone France. I loved that bar of cleanser, and the toner was lovely. Too pricy just now I think. Gotta find out what my face wants.

Cleanser-wise, I seem to be okay with some Phisoderm. I've been using two different varieties, but my skin doesn't seem to mind them.

At least my facial skin isn't freaking out if I don't try to moisturize, so I guess that's a step in the right direction.
Old 01-13-19, 10:00 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Bluebelle & Kitty Have either of you or anyone else here tried these toners from Paula's Choice?

https://www.paulaschoice.com/skin-re...toner/125.html

https://www.paulaschoice.com/resist-...toner/767.html
I use the skin recovery toner and like it a lot.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 10:03 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Has anyone tried Thrive Causemetics? Ads keep coming up for me. I'm intrigued by their eyeliner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I tried it and was totally unimpressed. There was a very small amount for what you pay. It was dry and hard to apply and it quickly fell out of the applicator rendering it useless.

I was totally underwhelmed by everything I bought. Never again!
The eyeliner is terrible but I like the mascara. It is the only mascara other than the L’Oréal double extend that doesn’t smudge onto my under eye area. The lipstick tastes funny to me and the eye brightening stick is not worth the price. I am not sure why I bought it because a good concealer does the same thing.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 10:08 PM  
Loric

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
The eyeliner is terrible but I like the mascara. It is the only mascara other than the L’Oréal double extend that doesn’t smudge onto my under eye area. The lipstick tastes funny to me and the brightened stick is meh.

Totally agree! The L'Oreal Double Extend has been the only mascara I have used for years until I took a chance on the Thrive one.

I actually bought the Thrive eyelash curler when mine broke, and I must say, it, along with the mascara, really makes my short stubby lashes look fantastic.
Loric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin