Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-19, 07:30 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I use aloe vera gel either first before moisturizer or night cream, or a dab of each mixed together. No breakouts when I do this.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 07:35 PM  
Bluebelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Ok, here we go with a new beauty thread!

Here's my question. I have used Clinique's Clarifying Lotion - Mild since the beginning of time, LOL. Gone But Not Forgotten has run out so there's no more available there. I am down to my last bottle. Anyone else use the Mild Clarifying Lotion and found something similar? I haven't tried the replacement, 1.0. The reviews are not good. Any thoughts on a replacement? TIA
I've been using the 1.0 replacement. So far it hasn't bothered my skin. But I have trouble purchasing it sometimes. Some of the sales people don't know about it and give me the regular #1 and I have to return it to get 1.0 (I usually take a written list in & they still put the wrong one in the bag). Now I know to check it before I leave the store. Don't know why they had to replace this. I really liked the mild one. Plus don't know why they had to give it such a confusing number. 1 vs 1.0 is tough on the sale people.
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 07:58 PM  
ncl

I have had acne since teenagerhood until I cleaned up my diet and started using all natural products, no chemicals, etc.

My understanding is that a lot of the usual moisturizers use mineral oil which clogs the pores. For me, sure enough, if I use any of these, I will break out, but if I stay away from that and use things with shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. my face does not break out.

My skin has gotten drier as I have gotten older as well and I do feel the need for moisturizer now.

Here are some kinds I have used if that is helpful. The problem I have found with some of the natural moisturizers is that some of them don't seem to do much. These are the ones I have fount most helpful.

C & Co Naturals: both of these are expensive but they last a very long time, 6 months or more
Facial serium:
https://candconaturals.com/collectio...e-facial-serum (I actually bought my own essential oils and make my own version of this to save money)
Lavender cold cream:
https://candconaturals.com/collectio...der-cold-cream

Epicuren:http://epicuren.com/Moisturizers/Hyd...turizer_2.html

I get facials sometimes as well and this helps a lot with moisture. I go to an aesthetician that uses more natural products as well.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 08:27 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Hi everyone!

Could I chime in with a question?

My skin is lots dryer than it ever was when I was younger. Changing hormone levels, I guess.

The irritating thing is that even though I need to moisturize my face, the ones I've tried so far have caused breakouts. (Wrinkles and pimples, oh, the joys of getting older.)

How do you figure out what to use on your face to moisturize?

This is making me a little nuts. So frustrating.
OMG - Anna, i complained about this very thing just this week. I'm doing an experiment of "washing" my face with cold cream (I put it on, rub it in, and then rinse off with water and a gentle cloth). I have been following up with Thayers Witch Hazel for toner. So far, it has worked ok. No new breakouts and my skin seems moisturized. So, we shall see.... I figured it was a small investment $$-wise so I gave it a try.

Some moisturizers that have worked for me - the Cetaphil Redness Reilef that Sherry mentioned, also the Differin moisturizer....I was using Differin gel for awhile but i'm currently taking a break from it. I used to use Cerave but now whenever I use it I end up getting a lot of clogged pores...it is weird b/c I never had that problem before.

I used Simone France a few years ago and I was toying with going back to that, but I hate to spend a lot on beauty products since in essence they are all variations of the same formulas....still, when I used it I had decent results. I would probably use the normal/slightly dry now as opposed to the normal/oily.

Definitely frustrating to have wrinkles and acne/breakouts.....

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 09:44 PM  
Diana3271

Bluebelle & Kitty Have either of you or anyone else here tried these toners from Paula's Choice?

https://www.paulaschoice.com/skin-re...toner/125.html

https://www.paulaschoice.com/resist-...toner/767.html

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 07:23 AM  
Demeris

Has anyone tried Thrive Causemetics? Ads keep coming up for me. I'm intrigued by their eyeliner.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 08:37 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Has anyone tried Thrive Causemetics? Ads keep coming up for me. I'm intrigued by their eyeliner.
I tried it and was totally unimpressed. There was a very small amount for what you pay. It was dry and hard to apply and it quickly fell out of the applicator rendering it useless.

I was totally underwhelmed by everything I bought. Never again!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 09:11 AM  
ardnas

Quote:
The irritating thing is that even though I need to moisturize my face, the ones I've tried so far have caused breakouts. (Wrinkles and pimples, oh, the joys of getting older.)

I am in my mid 40s in the midst of Perimenopause and my skin bounces back and forth between scaly dry and hormonal breakouts. I am sensitive to most products and moisturizers break me out. I have tried many natural products. While switching to a WFPB diet made my skin glow, it didn't get rid of the sensitivity or hormonal breakouts. I've been using Deciem The Ordinary's anti-aging regimen and it has changed my skin texture and seems to be aging backwards. My routine is AM - after cleansing: Buffet (or Matrixyl & Argiriline), Marine Hyaluronics, followed by Natural Moisturizing Factors. PM- after cleansing: Buffet, Retinoid 2% in Squalane followed by Hemi Squalane or Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil and Natural Moisturizing Factors. When I start to breakout I use their Niacinimide and it clears everything up within 1 day. I am impressed with their products, prices, and ingredients.
Old 01-13-19, 09:17 AM  
kitty12

Diana, I looked at Paula’s but didn’t end up trying it. It was a while back but seems I had read some negative reviews and decided to try other things. Would be curious about others results
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 09:28 AM  
kitty12

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Could I chime in with a question?

My skin is lots dryer than it ever was when I was younger. Changing hormone levels, I guess.

This is making me a little nuts. So frustrating.
I have had the same issue with moisturizers causing breakouts. I was plagued with adult acne which is now much better at 55 but I still get pimples. I use oil-free moisturizers. I also have very sensitive skin. I’ve had good luck with Clinique turnaround night moisturizer and Even Better lotion during the day. In the winter I need more and use their Smart oil over the moisturizer. I have tried a few different oils and after a couple of days I get pimples but not from this one.

I also use Differin prescription lotion and Nuetrogena Spot On but only on my chin or as a spot treatment
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin