Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-15-19, 11:07 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Wendy, thanks for sharing! I had actually seen something like that before that I had thought about buying...I'm just always reluctant to add another step to my daily routine. Can you say more about how you use it?
Some people use it while shampooing their hair but I find it gets tangled when I use it that way. I just shampoo and condition like I normally would, but in the final rinse of conditioner I massage my scalp with the invigorator. I think the itch I had was from a build up of product on my scalp; my conditioner would work its way from the top of my head to the back of my scalp and sit there. I massage my scalp lightly with it while wet which feels nice and gets the conditioner off my scalp and either back into my hair or down the drain. It really takes no time as I'm rinsing out my conditioner anyway.
Old 05-15-19, 12:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Wendy! I have one of these in my Amazon cart and think I will purchase with my next order.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-19, 11:33 AM  
Gams

Does anyone use a body wash/shampoo combo product like the Philosophy brand on QVC? I’ve read the reviews there and they mostly comment on the scent, but I’m more concerned about whether they are good for my hair or might dry it out or something.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-19, 04:56 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Does anyone use a body wash/shampoo combo product like the Philosophy brand on QVC? I’ve read the reviews there and they mostly comment on the scent, but I’m more concerned about whether they are good for my hair or might dry it out or something.
I've used Philosophy shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath for years and love them! I use them for hair & body, they are good to shave legs with too. I have 3 cabinets full of them. It doesn't seem to dry out my hair yet removes product well, and I don't use a conditioner when I use it. That said I do rotate products and sometimes wash my hair with Way To Grow when I'm trying to grow it out.

I really like that they smell lovely in the shower and for a short time after, then fade to nothing so they don't give you a headache or linger so you can go fragrance-free or wear perfume. -Although the perfume based ones like Amazing Grace are stronger and last longer.

Since Coty purchased Philosophy they don't seem to come out with as many seasonal scents as they used to. And they don't seem to include recipes on the bottle as much. Some are not as fragrant and others are way off the mark, like the older Eggnog was amazing and spot on, the new Eggnog smells musky and nothing like Eggnog (and was the only one I returned).

You can sometimes find the older fragrances or the new ones cheaper at the Philosophy outlet online, at TJ Maxx or Marshalls, and Ulta has sales on them around the holidays. QVC will have good prices on bundles or larger sizes.

My favorite older fragrances are: Crispy Marshmallow Bars, Lemon Custard, Melon Daiquiri, Rainbow Sherbet, and of the newer ones I like: White Pear, Orange Pineapple Smoothie, Caramel Drizzle, and Strawberry Guava Coconut.

My husband uses them too and likes the Lemon Custard, Cinnamon Stick, Creamy Cardamom, Gingerbread Man, and Pumpkin Icing.
Old 05-20-19, 06:37 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Some people use it while shampooing their hair but I find it gets tangled when I use it that way. I just shampoo and condition like I normally would, but in the final rinse of conditioner I massage my scalp with the invigorator. I think the itch I had was from a build up of product on my scalp; my conditioner would work its way from the top of my head to the back of my scalp and sit there. I massage my scalp lightly with it while wet which feels nice and gets the conditioner off my scalp and either back into my hair or down the drain. It really takes no time as I'm rinsing out my conditioner anyway.
I have the invigorator. I used it to 'comb' my hair when shampooing, rinsing the shampoo, conditioning, and rinsing the conditioner. It worked great. It doesn't really cost extra time for me. Also saving my fingers from massaging my scalp.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-19, 06:46 PM  
Gams

Thank you, Sandra! Just what I was hoping to hear! I went ahead and ordered 32 oz. bottles of margarita, fresh cream and fresh cream warm cashmere. Their shipping had been really slow lately - I am looking forward to trying these.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 08:10 AM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Thank you, Sandra! Just what I was hoping to hear! I went ahead and ordered 32 oz. bottles of margarita, fresh cream and fresh cream warm cashmere. Their shipping had been really slow lately - I am looking forward to trying these.
You're welcome, hope you like them. I have & like Margarita & Fresh Cream. Please let me know how Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere differs - I have not tried that one.
Old 06-24-19, 05:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I had to lay off eye make-up for about 2 weeks due to an eye issue I was having.

I started wearing eye make up again this weekend (just eye liner and mascara) and am realizing that it irritates my eyes! I never would have noticed it before had I not had to forego it. So, it is an obviously low level irritation.

Soo....my question is - can anyone recommend some truly hypo-allergenic mascara and eye liner? (that is all I use, shadows tend to make my eyelids red and peely - not a good look!)

I was using the Neutrogena Hydroboost mascara and a Neutrogena Liner most recently, it that helps.

Thanks!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-19, 06:05 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,

I had to lay off eye make-up for about 2 weeks due to an eye issue I was having.

I started wearing eye make up again this weekend (just eye liner and mascara) and am realizing that it irritates my eyes! I never would have noticed it before had I not had to forego it. So, it is an obviously low level irritation.

Soo....my question is - can anyone recommend some truly hypo-allergenic mascara and eye liner? (that is all I use, shadows tend to make my eyelids red and peely - not a good look!)

I was using the Neutrogena Hydroboost mascara and a Neutrogena Liner most recently, it that helps.

Thanks!

Donna
The brand Almay is supposed to be hypoallergenic, but I am not sure. My sister used to use it when every other brand bothered her.
Is that brand even still around?!

This recent article may help:
https://www.prevention.com/beauty/ma...genic-mascara/

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-19, 06:52 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Sherry!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin