Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-15, 09:25 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
The pumpkin cookie butter is delicious. When I need something sweet, I'll mix it with almond butter on toast. I've made fudge with it as well. I have to try to never buy it again!
Thanks, videofit! I forgot to check if they still had it when I went there this morning.

They are getting in the chocolate peppermint items already- peppermint hot chocolate and and dark chocolate covered Jo-Jo's. I am doomed

I bought a new to me item, which could be really good or really bad-chicken pot pie ravioli. I also bought their frozen southwest chicken quesadillas for the first time. I must be craving chicken for some reason. I'll try a quesadilla for lunch.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 04:08 PM  
videofit

I think this is new -- chocolate peppermint cheesecake. Brownie crust with crushed candy canes on top. Sadly, it was rather gummy and not very cheesy.
Old 11-24-15, 04:58 PM  
sherry7899

videofit-I will skip that one-thanks for your review.

Has anyone seen the chocolate peppermint loaf cake mix? I can't remember if they had that last year or not. It is really good
I like to make one and share it between cookie plates for neighbors.

Sherry

Old 12-02-15, 03:02 PM  
videofit

I love any kind of Panettone so thought I'd try the Coffee Choc Chip gigantic loaf wrapped up as a Christmas present. OMG! Tender, buttery, moist, central mocha filling, loads of choc chips throughout. You get a packet of powdered sugar for decoration but I threw that out. Sweet enough without that.

I cut the round cake into quarters, put two pieces into ziploc freezer bags and kept the other two quarters out. I know I will demolish that in the next two weeks or less. My dilemma is that I am planning to go gluten free Jan. 1 for three months. Will I be able to resist the two hunks in my freezer till April 1? Of course those two quarters may be gone as well by Jan. 1.
Old 12-02-15, 03:14 PM  
sherry7899

Videofit- thank you for posting. Instead of baking for neighbors this year I am going to buy some treats from Trader Joe's. I appreciate your dessert reports

Old 12-02-15, 09:06 PM  
videofit

Forgot to mention the chocolate candy:

"Marble" chocolates. They look like granite marbles of different colors with various praline fillings. Twelve in a box. Delicious!

Smallish box, Dark Chocolate Collection (4" x 8"), has 16 assorted chocolates. I don't know if it's because they were freshly made for the holidays or what, but the quality is excellent. Flavors: coconut crumble, chocolate crunch, simply chocolate, key lime pie, salted caramel, sicilian lemon, caffe macchiato, brazilian orange.

Also got a collection of loose herbal teas in little ziploc bags which contain enough tea for about four cups per bag. Threw out the packaging but you should be able to find it on the New Items shelves or in the tea section. It's a stack of eight labeled shallow boxes in a larger cardboard box: Rooibos Riot, Golden Coconut Masala, Ruby Lemon, Thai Lemon Mint, Garden Party, Hip Hibiscus, Lapacho Apple, Gingerly Turmeric. So different and delicious. I am going to email Trader Joe's and ask them to sell those teas in teabag form all year round because I would definitely buy them. Better than any Celestial Seasonings mix.
Old 12-03-15, 05:59 AM  
sherry7899

Thank you, videofit! It will be hard to decide which items to buy for gifts. It sounds like a great assortment.

Thanks for the information about the tea also.

Sherry

Old 12-06-15, 08:50 PM  
ADoll

I didn't find those loose teas that Videofit mentioned but found a box of loose teas called A Tasting of Ten Teas. I haven't tried them yet. I did try rose jasmine green tea from the box of Sencha green tea variety. I loved it. I was tempted to buy the marble chocolates but was afraid I might eat them all. I also bought the pretzel rods which I do like but a little too sweet for me.
Other things I bought to try: southwestern chicken quesadillas, bacon date goat cheese appetizer, and TJ Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley lot #126.
I was tempted to buy the sriracha potstickers, shrimp toast, tin can of popcorn, set of flavored olive oils, and the chocolate raspberry tamales.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 01:35 AM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoll View Post
I didn't find those loose teas that Videofit mentioned but found a box of loose teas called A Tasting of Ten Teas. I haven't tried them yet. I did try rose jasmine green tea from the box of Sencha green tea variety. I loved it.
I only have eight loose tea envelopes, each labeled, not ten. Maybe they just brought out a ten tea version? I'll have to look. I don't have the boxes they came in.

I also bought the Sencha green teas which are in teabags.

I have so many kinds of tea now as I went to World Market a couple of weeks ago and bought some there as well. I drink tea constantly throughout the day so it doesn't last long.
Old 12-07-15, 07:59 AM  
sherry7899

The location near me is already out of the chocolate peppermint covered Jojo's! I was going to buy some for gifts. I bought the variety pack of them instead plus the popcorn mentioned in this thread. I am not trying the popcorn myself. I do not want to get hooked on it

Tags
french press, mold, trader joe's