Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews

Old 11-10-15, 10:38 AM  
rosepetals

Disappointed by Collage Videos

I ordered a set of DVDs from Collage. They arrived with the case damaged, torn up. Not a biggie to me because I store DVDs in a better case. Then I unwrapped the set. The bottom of the DVD case was worn. The material was very worn down like it had been used. I pulled a several DVDs to find them scratched and deeply gouged. I can live with fine scratches, but gouges NO.

I contacted Collage Videos. It took 3 emails before they responded to my request for a new set of DVDs. When they finally responded, they wanted me to watch the DVDs to see if they worked. It was the Warrior set with I think 14 DVDs. I told them I would not. I won't keep a badly damaged set.

I told them to send me a new replacement set. That I ordered a product that was supposed to be new, so I expect a new product. Not one that had been re-shrink wrapped and mistreated, and re-sold as new.

Its taken many, many emails. They finally said they were going to send me a new set of DVDs. It shouldn't be so hard to get a replacement set of DVDs.

I haven't ordered from them since they changed ownership, but if this is going to be the way they respond I probably won't order in the future. I am hoping they will ship out the new set of DVDs.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 11:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

That is sad. I remember when you could call and just chat with someone there about what might be a good match for you. I remember ordering on the phone before the web and the girl on the other line saying "Oh I love that one."

Times have changed. I'm sorry you received such poor CS from this new version of Collage.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 11:50 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

That's really disappointing, both the poor condition of the DVDs and the dragged-out email exchange before you worked out a solution.

I've only ordered one time from the new Collage and received a quick email response when I contacted them about a delivery problem. Hope your experience is an outlier and not the new norm. Good luck with getting your order soon!
Old 11-10-15, 12:03 PM  
Tiny

rosepetals~I ordered Warrior 365 through Udaya and I had the same issues with some of the DVDs. I especially had an issue with Gentle Yoga, it had severe scratches on it and froze at the last 10 minutes. I had to email Cody, I think it was Cody from Udaya, and he had to replace the DVD twice before I got a working one. He said that it was a brand new disc after I told him how terrible it looked with the scratches. I am not sure what is up with those DVDs but they are in some awful conditions.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 12:27 PM  
antbuko

So foolish. Just accept the return, promptly, no questions asked. In the long run it's better for business. This could have been a "huge thumbs up for Collage Video" thread.
Old 11-10-15, 10:28 PM  
rosepetals

I normally don't complain when their are scratches or even a torn cover. The problem is they are gouges. Deep gouges.

The product should be new, not used. I shouldn't have to argue to get replacements. Its so sad. I miss the old college video.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-15, 12:33 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
I normally don't complain when their are scratches or even a torn cover. The problem is they are gouges. Deep gouges.

The product should be new, not used. I shouldn't have to argue to get replacements. Its so sad. I miss the old college video.
I always complain if there are scratches, torn cover, dents, etc. If I'm buying a brand new item, it had better be brand new.

I stopped ordering from Collage many, many years ago. I rarely visit their website unless there is an interesting link from VF.

Looks like I won't be bothering at all anymore!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 11:53 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

That is a huge turn off! I have only ordered from them once since they sold out. I order most of my workouts from Mary, and Amazon now. It's a disappointment to hear about this regardless.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-15, 07:16 PM  
Betty Boop

Check this other thread.

Collage gave her a full refund.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...hlight=collage
Old 12-31-15, 11:02 AM  
Tammie M

I ordered Christi Taylor's Fantastic Four from Collage Video. I am having problems playing the Hi-Low Heaven dvd. I called Collage on 12/12/2015 and they were to mail me a replacement dvd. I have been patient because of the holiday season but I still have not received it. I called today and it seems they never mailed it. Their customer service rep said it should go out on Monday. After reading this I am now concerned. I was suspicious about the initial set I received because it was shrink wrapped but it was not sealed. How sad!! I have ordered from them for many years and they were fantastic to work with.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad customer service, collage video