Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-30-20, 09:51 AM  
Gams

I did the 90’s workout this morning. I didn’t get as many steps - 5300. Maybe because the last section has a lot of repeater knees. Gina makes a couple boo-boos in this one but no big deal. The music was:

Section 1:

Everybody
Vocal
Macarena

Section 2:

MC Hammer
Instrumental
What is Love

Section 3:

Rhythm of the Night
Vocal (Hands Up song I’ve heard in Kelly Coffey Meyer’s workout)
You Got to Show Me Love

After I’ve done the entire set, I’ll use these one section at a time. An hour of. marching front and back is too many for me.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 07:19 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

I’ll add my two cents. First, I love Gina B, but I don’t love these workouts as much as her YouTube workouts. I appreciate the pace. I prefer her faster walks. These DVDs are so repetitive! I also started throwing in grapevines, extra cha- chas, etc... I will still do them, just a little disappointed.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-20, 06:13 AM  
Rhonda

I got the set and actually have never planned to do the full workouts. I need more variety in my daily break walks and love that she has them chaptered so I can do 15 minutes at a time. Perfect for my breaks from work.

I did the first 80's walk and I enjoyed it. The music is great and I find myself singing along (as long as I know the song) and moving so it goes quickly.

I love the faster pace.

I think I am going to enjoy these. I have been doing so much Jessica I needed a different instructor and for some reason Leslie has been on the back burner, cannot get into her anymore.

So I give these a thumbs up for what I am going to use them for.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-20, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Rhonda -

I got them for similar reasons, I wanted to have some more add on options. So, while I'm a little disappointed by the choreography I don't think it will be too much of an issue as I will generally not be doing more than 2 segments back to back.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 03:59 PM  
Gams

I did the first section of the 00’s DVD today and I had to laugh because I did it outside so I could keep an eye on my puppy and there was a doe standing neCty to the fence. I thought she’d take off as soon as the music started, but she stayed and watched for about 7 minutes. So I guess Gina gets two thumbs up from the deer community!
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 04:31 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I did the first section of the 00’s DVD today and I had to laugh because I did it outside so I could keep an eye on my puppy and there was a doe standing neCty to the fence. I thought she’d take off as soon as the music started, but she stayed and watched for about 7 minutes. So I guess Gina gets two thumbs up from the deer community!
Ha! Love that!
Old 09-19-20, 11:52 AM  
Fitstick

I did two sections of the 80’s this morning and worked up a good sweat. I believe the walking up and back is like a base move that she comes back to a lot, so I can see how that could be repetitive. I’m not sure I would do all three segments At once, two seemed just right. The music was great and Gina is lots of fun!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 12:32 PM  
rhbrand

Got it in my wish list. Next time I make an Amazon order, it will be in it.
Old 10-29-20, 12:10 AM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
FYI: If you are an Amazon Prime member, 5 of her DVDs are currently free on Prime Video.
Thanks for mentioning this!
Old 11-18-20, 04:59 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I finally caved on this set and I'm glad I did! I did the 90s walk -- 4,800 steps. It says 6,000 on the DVD cover, but I didn't come close to that. (Perhaps because I'm short?) I jogged instead of walking the "chorus" walk and really enjoyed her music and personality. (I like Jessica but her music is so boring!)

I was really sweaty after the full 55 mins but I wasn't ever really out of breath. I took water breaks after each song change since she doesn't offer any during the workouts.

She seems very sweet and I really like her Aussie accent!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime videos, gina buber