Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-14-20, 06:31 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
... Anna, I have been using clarifying shampoo 1-2x/week. Maybe I should try it more regularly and see if that makes a difference.
FWIW, that's all I use for shampoo. Anything more moisturizing/gentle and my scalp gets unhappy.

The Paul Mitchell doesn't have much odor, if that's useful to know. I have to be careful with fragrance around my head.

I've also used Biolage shampoos with good success, but wound up in a steady rotation of PM/Nioxin when I got big bottles of each at the discount store.
Old 10-09-20, 08:24 PM  
Gams

Anyone have any recommendations for foot products? My poor feet have not aged well and are particularly dry and itchy in the winter.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 06:37 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Anyone have any recommendations for foot products? My poor feet have not aged well and are particularly dry and itchy in the winter.
I use Profoot Heel Rescue before bed. No fragrance, not greasy. It works well for me. I buy it on Amazon.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 11:11 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I just ordered the Crepe Erase. How long before I look like Jane Seymour?
Well, I used up a jar and still don't have the skin of that lovely English rose!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 03:32 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Well, I used up a jar and still don't have the skin of that lovely English rose!
I used about half a jar and gave up.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 03:55 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I've seen the product "Working Feet" (there's also "Working Hands") - people seem to like that one. I like Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Cream, which is thick and greasy (good for calluses!). I also like Carol's Daughter Lavender Mint Foot Cream, which is less greasy and a bit cooling.

I also wanted to share that I think I've finally found a deodorant I really like - and it's a "men's". (Why do we need gendered everything?) The version I have is also an antiperspirant (some aren't):
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Old-Spice...6-oz/691371672
It has a nice, slightly woodsy vanilla scent, and it seems to work very well. I'm also loving the wider canister and the neutral color.

Oh, and while I'm posting, I finally found a mascara I really like too! The two funny things are it are 1) I picked it up cheap at Big Lots, and 2) it's got one of those weird wands, which I usually hate, but I like it this time. It's Cover Girl Total Tease:
https://www.amazon.com/COVERGIRL-Tot...9GXBQA17GT44NZ
I like it because the thin wand works very well with my small eyes, and I think because the wand is thin, it doesn't scoop up too much mascara and get all goopy, one of my pet peeves. The little weird tip on the end is also small and only on one side, and it's great for reaching those out of the way places! When I purchased, brown was the only shade available (I'm not that dark but usually get brownish black at least), but still, it works very well; it's great for casual wear but also buildable.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 04:08 PM  
warriorprincess

I use Working Hands when I work outside a lot and the skin around my nails starts cracking. It works great.

I also discovered Tecnu extreme poison ivy and oak scrub, and Ivy X pre-contact gel. They also work great. My yard is inundated with these vines.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 04:15 PM  
Libby

Beachy waves

I’ve just started using my flat iron to get waves in my hair. But I figure there’s something else that works better than that. My hair is shoulder length. Anything that you would suggest that works better than a flat iron to get the large waves?
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 08:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
I’ve just started using my flat iron to get waves in my hair. But I figure there’s something else that works better than that. My hair is shoulder length. Anything that you would suggest that works better than a flat iron to get the large waves?
Libby, I got a flat iron a few years ago. I was using it only for straightening first (even though my fine hair is super straight! - it just makes it look more polished). About a year ago I started using for waves too as you described. Since my iron also has bristles on the outside (like a curling brush), I can do it using a couple of different methods.

At some point I thought that my old wide-barrel curling iron would be better for waves, so I went back and tried that again. I didn't like it! I think the straightener produces a more natural look. My hair is also shoulder length.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 04:06 PM  
cyana

So how are people doing with their "COVID hair"? Did you go back to your normal routines when the salons re-opened?

After coloring my hair for many years (and being quite happy with the color), I was curious as to what my natural hair would look like, so I've been growing out my color since March and must admit I'm really liking my salt and pepper hair (way more salt than pepper, in the interest of full disclosure !!!). The last time I had a cut, the stylists (who have known me for years) kept commenting on how much they liked my natural color. My hairdresser said "I think you're going to like this even more than your color", to which I replied "I don't know that I'd go that far!" Since I've hung in there for 7 months, I'm determined to keep going until all the colored hair is gone and then I'll make a decision as to whether to stay natural.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2020, beauty vlogs