Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-14, 12:34 PM  
lavna

What do you think of Mixxtreme?

I like Dreambody very much and I'm thinking of getting Mixxtreme for lighter days since it's supposed to be a "Dreambody lite"!!! What do you like (or don't like!) about it? Do you consider it cardio, toning or both?
TIA
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 12:50 PM  
moonbeam31

Is it easier than Dreambody? I have had my eye on this for some time and I could kick myself for not getting it from Collagevideo a while back when they sold it out for $14.95 or something like that! You know what they say "He who hesitates is lost" ha ha Are there tons of burpees and is there a decent modifier present? TIA
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 12:52 PM  
upperwside

I like them.. fun and fast moving.. but not frantic fast. I love Dream body.. and these are easier a bit.. but one has some killer core work..
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 01:11 PM  
violingal3

I love DB, but I think I reach for these even more. A touch less frantic, there is a modifier and there are burpees here and there. ITA - some killer core work! I think I focus on form more because they are a touch slower (they are still at a good pace, don't be fooled), so they aren't "DB lite" for me at all.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 01:50 PM  
Fitstick

I purchased this during the Collage sale and only had time to try one of the workouts - it slayed me. I thought it was tough...!!! I can't remember if it was as fast paced as Dreambody since I was just trying to stay alive during the workout! I need to go back and try them again but am in the midst of a P90X3 rotation.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 02:35 PM  
Carb8985

I love these!! They are much slower and more controlled than Dream Body. I had Dream Body and returned the set because it was so frantic and lacked control to the point that I didn't feel the burn on any of the moves. Mixxtreme moves at a nice clip to get your heart rate up, but not so fast that you don't feel the burn in the muscles that you're supposed to be working. There are lots of planks, pushups, and burpees in this, so stay away if you don't like those. These are also more athletic and less "fusion-y" than Dream Body.

I remember thinking that my arms were looking great when I was doing these. At the time, I was doing them 4x a week, and maybe did them for about a month.

The instructor has a tendency to yell a little bit, especially at the end of a set, but that didn't bother me. I really like these workouts a lot, because they fuse barre with traditional cardio moves, but done in an interval-style, which I really like.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 05:25 PM  
Tugger31

I don't have Dream Body, so how would these compare to say Cathe's To The Max, or something by KCM, or to Zuzka workout??
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 06:14 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I don't have Dream Body, so how would these compare to say Cathe's To The Max, or something by KCM, or to Zuzka workout??
Hmm, I would say nothing like any of those. These are like, athletic fusion with cardio.
Old 04-11-14, 06:39 PM  
Tugger31

I'm referring more to level of difficulty and intensity than the actual workout itself. Cathe, KCM and Zuzka are my only real frame of reference, didnt know if there were on par with these as far as intensity or not.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 02:16 PM  
edensmom

I would say KCM intensity then. For me they are intermediate. Nowhere near To the Max or Crossfire, X10 etc.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mixxtreme