Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-20, 12:29 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I just added on to my workout today with Kimberly Spreen's 10 Minute Solution Fitness Ball DVD from 2006. Did the Butt and Thigh Tone Up along with the Ultra Stretch. It was great!
This is one of the workouts I always look for on my thrift store trips. I know someday I will find it!
Old 08-21-20, 03:04 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Band Camp is my favorite resistance band workout! I feel thoroughly worked, but not exhausted after doing this workout. And, well Paul has such a great personality as an instructor!
I forgot how much I liked Paul. I have mostly used his Kettlebell workouts, but he is a really great instructor.

With his Fit in 15, that was the first time I'd done his stretch workout. It was a sequence of yoga poses, which was not what I expected from him. But he made it his own which turned out to be very creative.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 03:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I found this dustbunny and I don't even remember buying this one, LOL.

Today was The Firm Fat Burning Cardio Toning workout with Tina Smalley. Was easy to follow along, not too many reps and sort of a fun way to work with the tubing.

Kept it on the gentle side. Up too early today and have been a zombie. ;-)

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 05:01 PM  
wendug

Today I did the Firm Cardio Burn with Tamela Hastie. I have not done this workout in a while and it is still as hard as I remember it being. Soooooo many plyos! I looked at the back cover and thought...really...this came out in 1999? I bought it new on VHS when it was released and then purchased the DVD from fitness favorites. One thing I did not remember about the workout is how fast the moves are performed. All the lunges are done at super speed so I could not lunge very far. But I did remember all the times Tamela says, "This is fun!" Still a great workout!
Old 10-01-20, 08:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Last night I got out Jane Fonda's Personal Trainer Series. I haven't picked it up since doing an awful program from it - the Low Impact Aerobics with a pregnant lady wearing an empty barrel with suspenders.

I went with the first half of Abs, Buns & Thighs which was a very good low impact / squats and lunges circuit, followed by the stretch workout from Low Impact Aerobics & Stretch. Both were led by Jane and not the pickle barrel lady.

The two worked really nice together. I loved the routine of Abs, Buns & Thighs but could have done without the flesh colored tights and thong leotards, that looks so cheesy now. I got a chuckle out of the hairdos on the other two ladies - so dated, the post-perm "OMG what were we thinking" short dos that look silly now. I wonder what we'll think about our hair in the future.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 11:16 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
All the lunges are done at super speed so I could not lunge very far. But I did remember all the times Tamela says, "This is fun!" Still a great workout!
Wendy, it's like she's trying to hypnotize you into believing it is, lol!

I picked up KV's Lean legs and butt. It was nice to do a lower body workout that didn't require me to hold weight in my hands. So many do this nowadays so that I don't feel like I'm giving my upper body a break.
This is a squat fest in the beginning. The high step works great. I liked that I could add a loop to the initial squats to increase intensity. For the faster combos, I used my BOSU. I didn't have to have the volume up because nothing is fancy in this and could use my own playlist to keep it fresh.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 09:52 PM  
Karla25

Dusted off the Great Weighted Workout today :-) It’s a long workout, but the time went quickly until I got to the ab section which seemed to drag on and on. It’s a wonderful workout though.
Old 12-27-20, 12:45 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

My DH also does fitness videos. He usually does workouts by Cathe, Cory, Gilad, Tony Horton, etc.

I walked in to our workout room and he was doing the old Buns of Steel (1987) with Greg Smithy. DH said he was bored and just grabbed something different off of the shelf.

Yes, he was sore the next day.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 09:27 AM  
Cola

thank-you for bumping this thread

i finally found a box containing my vhs workout tapes!

so, i did Day 1 from The Firm 5 Day Abs (1998)
i used to like this, but now i dont anymore, LOL
most of the footage in day 1 was with janet jones, and she was just too fake in this video, for me. and, well, i didnt really like the routine either.
should i give the other 4 days a shot or declutter? hmmm

Last edited by Cola; 01-11-21 at 10:07 AM. Reason: added year of vhs release
Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 09:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I pulled out Oxygen In, Calories Out w/ Charlene Prickett. It was a nice one to re-visit. Filmed in an old theater turned nightclub, so not as nice as her outdoor settings, but way better than the white background she used later in her filming career.

There is nothing quite like Charlene's low impact - it gets your HR up, is low impact, but it is not "walking".

I am thinking of a back-to-basics January.

I also pulled out Yoga for Stress Relief w/ Barbara Benagh - that one isn't quite as old but it is a dust bunny for me - I did the SI Joint practice, one of my favorites from back in the day.

Waves, Cola! It has been ages since we "talked"

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts