Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-11, 09:02 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spufflez View Post
I tend to order less from Collage because of the long shipping times. On the other hand, I ordered something from Mary this past Friday, and I think I am getting it today! No comparison.
That's always been my experience! I always price shop, but unless Collage's price is truly better, I end up going with Mary for the extra discount, reward points and fast shipping. I ordered a workout Friday and can count on getting it today, might not have seen a shipping notice until midweek with Collage.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 09:31 AM  
Gams

The minute I place my order, someone at Collage must start running to my house with it because I always receive my orders from them with lightning speed.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 09:47 AM  
juberann

I can't remember the last time I ordered from Collagevideo I am a diehard fan of Mary's and choose to support her business exclusively, aside from trading, totalfitnessdvds is my only source of getting videos. I rarely buy DVDs from a retail store only because if something were wrong with it, returning an opened DVD to a Target or WalMart is a real pain.
As long as it has been since I ordered from Collage, I still get their catalogs in the mail 3-4 times a year so someone must stay on their mailing list for a long time
Old 05-16-11, 09:54 AM  
spufflez

I just went to check on my shipment from Mary, and it is out for delivery this morning! As I said, no comparison. I would have been lucky if Collage even shipped it out by now.
spufflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 10:19 AM  
juberann

I agree, for me, there is no comparison to Mary and totalfitnessdvds When I used to order from Collage it always took about 5 full days to get my order (sometimes longer) with Mary, it has NEVER taken more then 2 days. And with Collagevideos "free" shipping, you can bet they Media ship which is the slowest, cheapest way to go. Mary does free shipping and never goes the cheap route, she is just simply the BEST vendor out there
Old 05-16-11, 11:46 AM  
alisoncooks

I like Collage's updates (on their preview video, bigger screen and you can click to add to cart right from there).

I buy from whomever is cheapest. Often that's Mary, sometimes ebay or amazon. Unfortunately it's not often collage, but I love getting their catalog and I don't have any other problems with them. They ship to me as quickly as Mary and quicker than amazon...
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 12:49 PM  
Castella

Collage often has dvds that Mary doesn't. Shipping from Collage is faster than Amazon, and usually once I've placed an order, my purchase lust is satisfied, I don't need the product in my hands immediately. I've been able to find some workouts on Collage that I couldn't find anywhere else. I also like their catalogs, even though I don't buy from them.

Collage tends to have more revviews than Mary, but I rely more on reviews from VF anyway. I do really like the long clips that Mary has, when they are available. Also, for instructors or whoever determines the content of the clip, I really like seeing a compilation clip that gives a good overview of the workout. Cathe for instance is excellent at this. I hate clips that just show the introduction, or one move.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 01:19 PM  
bee1forfitness

I like Collage and Totalfitness (Mary) I live in CA and the shipping from both is about the same, both have excellent CS and a good return policy and now Collage has the bigger clips to, it's all good. The only other vendors I've order fitness DVD's from is MBody (MB45) GoFit, Walmart.com and Fitnessanywhere shipping took longer from all these vendors except fitnessanywhere, which took any 2 days (they're located in SF)
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 01:27 PM  
caligurl

i'm all about money and getting the best deal.... so i'm going to buy from where i get that! i just recently started buying from mary as she has the best prices on the kettlebell workouts i've been buying as well as katami... however if there is something else i want and it's cheaper elsewhere... i.e. sam's, target, etc... then that's where i'm buying it! i've never bought from collage as they were never the cheapest for what i was buying, but i still get their catalog like clockwork!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 02:02 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Another Mary fan

I order from Mary more often than from Collage. Her prices are more competitive and she ships faster. Another source that I've come to use a lot is Overstock.com. They have a surprisingly large and varied stock of workouts and with their low shipping, it's a great deal, especially if you order multiple DVDs.

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage video, collagevideo.com, mary, totalfitnessdvds