Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-01-20, 12:17 AM  
fanofladyvols

I tore off the shrinkwrap off an impulse buy that I don't regret after trying it out. Stott Pilates mini flex ball workout. This was an easier ab workout that had some nice stretches utilizing the small ball. Love those stretches most of all. I used my barre3 ball and enjoyed it. Focusing on the ball while you do abwork is a fun distraction to me. For a few of the moves, she offers options to increase the intensity. No real arm work. The floor work for legs was brief. Moira instructs in her usual matter of fact manner while someone else demonstrates. There is nice music in the background and it has an option to mute Moira. Also has a short tutorial on pilates principles separate from the workout.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 04:58 AM  
Tugger31

I did the 20 minute cardio segment from Cathe's Slide-n-Glide, but without the gliders!! I got this workout specifically to do it this way. I was looking for some shorter cardio that was a bit more intense than Jessica Smith walking but that wasn't step and wasn't kickboxing. I have gliders but they don't move well on my carpet. I was able to modify it very easily. This workout fit the bill perfectly! (It did contain a small number of burpees which I pretty much hate, but since I'm working on my core I just did a plank or mountain climbers the whole segment)
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 09:27 AM  
jackie7

A small amount of pledge rubbed on the gliders makes them move more easily.
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 05:28 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I tried a new Linda Woolridge download that I just got from one of her weekly sales. Tighten It Glutes and Thighs. I had to modify the curtsey lunges because I can't put weight on the ball of my foot due to my foot surgery. Then my laptop froze (so Frustrating) I moved on to one of her DVD workouts that i have already done so I can't talk about it here.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 05:29 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
A small amount of pledge rubbed on the gliders makes them move more easily.
Good to know. Thanks for the tip!
Old 10-01-20, 05:31 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i have this too in my virgin pile. You motivated me to at least look at the cover.
He he....
Old 10-02-20, 05:27 AM  
Tugger31

Thanks for the tip! I did Slide & Glide again yesterday with my gliders, and I actually liked it better without the gliders!! I think the gliders put too much strain on my knees (maybe I need to strengthen those muscles?). Either way, I'm enjoying have this as a short, low impact cardio option with a little unweighted leg work thrown in!
Old 10-02-20, 10:23 AM  
fanofladyvols

Tugger31 I can see nearly every move working without the sliders..but help me figure out how you did the plank to knee in , to plank, to pike to plank move...did you jump?

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-02-20, 06:46 PM  
Tugger31

I just did mountain climbers the whole time, or would stay in plank and alternate moving my legs out side to side (hope that makes sense). I kind of just wing it during those. I have some vertigo so getting up and down often usually isn't a good idea for me. One time I did a slow burpee, moving each leg independently and instead of putting my hands flat on the floor I used my step at a 4 inch height.
Old 10-02-20, 11:37 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yes, that makes perfect sense.

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins