Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-30-20, 10:20 AM  
manleym

Hi Friends! Quick check-in.

Monday I did Cathe's Circuit Max because I had forgotten that this was not new to me, I have done it before. But I thought it was a great cardio workout and was wiped! Must have been slacking these past few weeks! I love the variety of cardio in this one - hi/lo, step, kickboxing..nice variety. Definitely a cardio workout because weights were light and just not that much weight work. But it was a nice break from the cardio. Then I did
Jules Mitchell Ctrl+Alt+Del - a restorative practice. Basically me just laying on the ground recovering from Circuit Max!

Yesterday I did Emily-clare Hill Experience It All and LOVED it!! Then a Cathe total body weight and I'm feeling it today! Not sure what I'll do today.

Sorry this is so brief. Not much time right now. Hope to catch up in more detail later. You ladies are CRACKIN' ME UP with all of your comments!! And I love the recommendations for new workouts. Hey - maybe I'll do that new Kat today!! Ding! Ding!

Keep the posts coming my friends! I love reading them! You gals keep me going!

Hugs and waves to all!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 10:20 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
What a fun idea! We need some festive things these days!
I totally agree...especially here in the US with all the craziness.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 11:53 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Haha Kittybug. I always felt guilty buying DVDs especially with my gym membership. I didn’t buy the Ice Series and regretted it. So now I preorder. You can’t beat the price.

Today was Cathe Live Metabolic Mish Mosh at 5 pm. Love the high energy and how you get a total body workout. I was drenched. I can tell I was taking it easy the last 2 weeks because some of the cardio drills had me huffing and puffing more than usual.

Also had my yearly mammogram. You think they would develop a less painful technique to get the images with all our technology. We have lots of breast cancer cases in extended family and friends. And now my husband’s brother was just diagnosed with Stage 2. I’m making my husband get a genetic test done since his other brother died from metastatic prostate cancer. Both are in the same family of genetics. Hoping nothing to worry about. But knowledge is power.

Have a great night ladies!
ChelePA I had my yearly mammogram on Monday. Wouldn't it be funny if we had them done at the same place? I know there are a lot of places around us to get them done, though. Mine was also ouchy. But I think this year, for some reason, didn't seem as painful as last year thankfully. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother in-law's diagnosis. You are completely correct though, better to face the genetics instead of burying your head in the sand.

I love reading your posts about Kat's workouts. I love step, so I really should just do the workouts. I started one of them when you first posted about her, but I haven't returned. Right now, until Cathe's Perfect30 workouts come, I'm focusing on trying to reduce my virgin workout pile.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 12:15 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello dear fierce friends! I'm still here, just haven't had a lot of time to post.

So this week is my off week from STS before starting Meso 3. I decided to work through some metabolic workouts.
Monday was Tony Horton's One on One Volume 3, Disc 12: Total Body X. Its only about 40 minutes and really pretty easy so I went through everything twice. The only thing I couldn't do is the Pullup Levers. I love Tony, I love the One on Ones, but finding them to be easier every time I pull one out.
Yoga was Udaya and Rudy Mettia and Hip Enough. Shorter but nice on the legs and hips.

Tuesday was Peak 10 Fit Body Challenge Sweat and Burn + Peak 10 Fit Body Challenge Cardio Core Crusher. Yes I did them both back to back, actually starting with Core Crusher first. GREAT workouts! Mostly all cardio except for the Core moves in Core Crusher. I was drenched but energized all day.
kittybug: I thought of you since I know you are a big Michelle fan. These were new to me and SO fun!

Yoga was from Power Yoga and Rudy Times 3. Yes Rudy Mettia is on Power Yoga site too.

Today I did Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body + Glute Challenge. Holy cow! So many reps that I had to stay fairly light. I started with 15s but also used 10s for some of the shoulder work. The Glute Challenge bonus was just 12 minutes of unweighted leg work that was wicked good. I love Bob even if her hurts me. The lighter weights are humbling.

No Yoga yet but probably more Rudy.

Hope you are all well. Don't forget to be extra fierce this week!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 01:04 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh my you guys crack me up!!

Ho.Ly.Cow Kate! That is your week off from STS?! Oh man!! You are the fiercest! Go you!!

Chele, I had that genetic testing done. I thought I was getting it done because of all the cancer on my mom's side, but when I met with the genetic counselor, she told me no -- most of them seemed to have given themselves cancer through smoking, it was actually my paternal grandmother who had ovarian cancer that triggered the testing for me. The depressing thing in all of it was she told me I don't seem to have genetic markers for cancer, but I am getting pretty close to the age where people start getting cancer from being alive for so long. Ug. It seems a bunch of us are on the same mammogram schedule -- I just got my notice that I'm due.

manleym, did you see that I did do that Sweat & Stretch and loved it? Now I need to try Experience It All. Sounds good. I just noticed that in the month of September I've only taken one day completely off so maybe I'll do a yin yoga tomorrow.

Love that Cathe Claus idea.

This morning I did a Jules Mitchell: What the Flow? It was good! Not so much flow sequences, but she worked some repetitive moves in constantly. I really liked the way she put it together and it definitely had my heart and sweat going (but we're in a heat wave again, so that was part of it).

I'm really on a Blursday today -- feels like a weekend to me for some reason. Hang in there, all!
Old 09-30-20, 01:28 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

bee: I'll have to check out that Jules practice. Some of hers I like, some not. Lately it seems like I'm really grooving on Hatha Yoga.

Getting ready to make some plum butter. I have 3 plum trees in my yard that were packed with fruit this year. Got the afternoon off so will do that and maybe check out that Jules yoga later.

FYI: All the leg and butt work in Bob's workout is really talking to me this afternoon. I lost count how many reps but I ache!

Anyone hear whatever happened to Bob Harper after his heart attack?

HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 06:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

This thread is going to be the end of me! Manleym making me want to reacquire CircuitMax, KateTT making me add to my wish list and drool over her crazy workouts (and plum butter!!!), bee making me want to revisit allllll the yoga alllll the time, Kim making me SQUIRREL over all the virgins I have that are staring at me (they're going to have to go into a box due to their behavior), ChelePA making me wanna do Kat videos, UG!!!! All of you are to be blamed!!

Horusosiris, how is that Cathe Claus workout? ChelePA, I have Metabolic Mish Mosh on my schedule for Friday this week...I think!

Cataddict, what'd you do today?

Today was Live 245, Upper Body Core Crush, and it was a FANTASTIC upper body/killer core workout! I'm loving all these upper/lower splits in Live but dang, I'm so sore, gals!! That's good, right?

Anywho, hope everyone else is doing well. Stay fierce, my friends!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 06:15 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

Well, September is almost over. Can't say I'm sorry. Not been a good month. Fortunately our other guys are recovering. Two of them have had "pancake poo" issues since we lost sweet Watula. We had to use baby wipes and salve and that is not something that cats are fond of---not that I blame them. The vet said it can take several weeks for them to adjust to changes in the home and it was definitely a stressful change.

Today I did the double blast premix of IMAX 4. I really like the combos in this workout. The blasts are hit or miss---some I like, some not so much. The last one didn't really seem to fit with the others--much harder, at least to me. I kind of wish it was in the middle of the workout somewhere rather than the end. Anyway I'm now down to PHA 3 and Pyramid Lite! I'm debating whether I want to split Pyramid into upper and lower body. Either way I should be able to finish these before Perfect 30 is ready, and that has been my goal. I'm looking forward to finishing the rotation. I love Cathe, but I need some variety.

Kate, plum butter sounds good. bee, I'm with you that Kate's "rest week" is every bit as hard as my normal workout week!

Waves and hugs to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 06:23 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hello everyone,

Well, September is almost over. Can't say I'm sorry. Not been a good month. Fortunately our other guys are recovering. Two of them have had "pancake poo" issues since we lost sweet Watula. We had to use baby wipes and salve and that is not something that cats are fond of---not that I blame them. The vet said it can take several weeks for them to adjust to changes in the home and it was definitely a stressful change.

Today I did the double blast premix of IMAX 4. I really like the combos in this workout. The blasts are hit or miss---some I like, some not so much. The last one didn't really seem to fit with the others--much harder, at least to me. I kind of wish it was in the middle of the workout somewhere rather than the end. Anyway I'm now down to PHA 3 and Pyramid Lite! I'm debating whether I want to split Pyramid into upper and lower body. Either way I should be able to finish these before Perfect 30 is ready, and that has been my goal. I'm looking forward to finishing the rotation. I love Cathe, but I need some variety.

Kate, plum butter sounds good. bee, I'm with you that Kate's "rest week" is every bit as hard as my normal workout week!

Waves and hugs to all!
Oh, Cataddict, I'm so sorry!! I wondered how your other babies were doing after losing the fierce Watula. Hugs to you and hang in there! And yeah, you have a Maine Coon too, right, and you know as well as I do you need a freaking lawnmower to handle their coat, not a brush, so I cannot imagine the wipes or anything else is very effective or fun for anyone!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 06:50 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict, you’re so awesome and fierce for finishing your a Cathe rotation on time. You really packed a lot of Cathe in a short time. Yikes! A few times since Kittybug started this crazy thread I did 3 Cathe workouts in the same week and that was a lot for me. I need some easier workouts in between. I also need the variety.

Here’s to hoping things get back to normal at your house. I haven’t ever had cats react so drastically to losing one. I didn’t know they could be affected so much. How many cats do you have? I have only two currently. The most I have had at once is four.

I hear we will have two full moons in October this year. Cool beans! The moon tonight is huge.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in