Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-01-17, 11:14 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Oh phooey, I was thinking I'd go buy another one and have backups like Cleda, but the One is sold out everywhere. Maybe I'll pick up a Zip.

I wear a Garmin watch for workouts but somehow just don't want anything on my wrist for every day.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 07:39 AM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlepants View Post
So, I have been having problems with my One for the past week and a half. I noticed it coincided with the recent iOS update. My One only holds a charge for 36 hours and previously I could go for 7-8 days on a charge. I went to the Fitbit One support forum and I saw other One users were having the same issues with iOS and Android updates. Fitbit has acknowledged this is the issue, but they have said they don't have an expected date for a fix.

That is also where I found out the One is being discontinued. I love the One and I would have purchased another when my current one gives up the ghost. I prefer clip-on trackers over wrist trackers. I am in maintenance on Weight Watchers and I have my One synced to my WW account for "Fit Points." Fitbit is keeping the Zip, but it doesn't have the same functionality.

I am having a hard time finding a clip on activity tracker. It seems the wristband is what's popular.

Does anyone have suggestions for a clip on activity tracker?
I recently switched to the Fitbit Alta HR after owning two Fitbit Ones that I adored. I wear a watch, so wrist trackers were not my thing and one of the reasons that I took so long to move on from my Fitbit one. My one was starting to die, so I had no choice but to replace it but I wanted a clip and not the wrist band. Thank heavens that they do make clips for the Alta and Alta HR, so I wear it clipped to my bra strap the same as my one! Here is the link to the clip that I have from Amazon! Hope this helps!

Kris

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 08:47 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieb726 View Post
I recently switched to the Fitbit Alta HR after owning two Fitbit Ones that I adored. I wear a watch, so wrist trackers were not my thing and one of the reasons that I took so long to move on from my Fitbit one. My one was starting to die, so I had no choice but to replace it but I wanted a clip and not the wrist band. Thank heavens that they do make clips for the Alta and Alta HR, so I wear it clipped to my bra strap the same as my one! Here is the link to the clip that I have from Amazon! Hope this helps!

Kris

Does either of the Altas count floors?

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 09:21 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Okay, I did a search on Google. Dick's Sporting Goods came up (along with a bunch of other stores), & the website said a store near me had limited stock. Of course, when I called, they checked & said they didn't have any of the ones but had other fitbits. I asked them if either of the Altas counted floors & they said no.

However, when I went back to Google to view my search, the Fibit website came up. I was able to click on the link & place an order for the One, but it is a backorder, ships in 3-4 weeks. I don't know if it will actually ship or not, but I thought all the One fans would like this information.

Good luck to everyone!

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 10:09 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
I hope that's true! I had the Fitbit Ultra, and have now had two Ones (haha). I think the battery life is about 2 years on these. You can't replace it and after a while it just won't hold a charge. I definitely prefer a clip on tracker.
Do you know if there is any life to the battery if the unit was never used? I bought the One when it first came out but never used it. But that was definitely more than two years ago.
Old 09-02-17, 10:32 AM  
AnMrsDe

Just a little FYI....

I have a FitBit one (w/ bra holder also) on my trade list....wouldn't want anyone to have to search online for it when you could possibly make a trade for it here! GONE
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 11:47 AM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieb726 View Post

Kris

Does the heart rate monitoring work when it is clipped on to your bra strap? Or just at your wrist....
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 07:08 AM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
Does either of the Altas count floors?
Unfortunately no which stinks!

Kris
Old 09-03-17, 07:14 AM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Does the heart rate monitoring work when it is clipped on to your bra strap? Or just at your wrist....
It does but I don't consider it to be completely reliable. I have two polar heart rate monitors that I use for determining my heart rate when I'm working out. I've got their newest wrist monitor and my other monitor has a Bluetooth chest strap. I will say that I've been happy with my Alta HR. The thing that I like about it versus the one is that I don't have to put myself in exercise mode. If your active enough, whether it's a workout or strenuous house cleaning, it counts as a workout which is cool!

Kris
Old 09-03-17, 09:21 AM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I have a FitBit One (w/ bra holder also) on my trade list....wouldn't want anyone to have to search online for it when you could possibly make a trade for it here!

However...I will be a bit picky!
Sent you a PM

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitbit one, fitness trackers