Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-15, 04:34 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Barre! Barre, one thousand times barre. My thighs are hard as a rock.
Could you please share what your rotation with barre looks like? I've been in a barre mode since the end of May and really it, but not seeing much results I usually see better results with medium to heavy weights, but I really like how barre challenge my muscles differently. TIA

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 05:04 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Hmm, two weeks really isn't enough time.

Nivea Skin Firming lotion might help a bit. It certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a try. I love TA's mat work, but I'm not sure if you'll see much in two weeks. Same with Tonique. The Tonique I would recommend is Tonique Premiere becuase it has lots of squats and lunges. Another awesome workouts is Hamelin's Thighmatics 1.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 09:33 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
maybe focus more on the dreaded D##t word...
Since the OP stated her legs need tightening as a results of weight loss I assume she's got her diet down pat.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 10:10 PM  
Tracyso2

Thanks, everyone! I know 2 weeks is a stupid-short amount of time; but it's what I have:..and I was hoping to cheat the system. Diet is ok, I think...for once, not the issue. I was sort of thinking TA too, but am happy for all the other suggestions. Am also planning to get a tan first, LOL.
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 06:53 AM  
mommyofjoeyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyso2 View Post
Thanks, everyone! I know 2 weeks is a stupid-short amount of time; but it's what I have:..and I was hoping to cheat the system. Diet is ok, I think...for once, not the issue. I was sort of thinking TA too, but am happy for all the other suggestions. Am also planning to get a tan first, LOL.
I was going to suggest a tan (or self tanner). Tanned flabby skin looks much better than bright white flabby skin!
Old 06-23-15, 07:09 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Could you please share what your rotation with barre looks like? I've been in a barre mode since the end of May and really it, but not seeing much results I usually see better results with medium to heavy weights, but I really like how barre challenge my muscles differently. TIA
I started out doing a Physique 57 rotation calendar (30-90(!) minutes of various DVDs, six days a week, but usually 60 minutes), and I had great results, in so many ways. (You can read my testimonial here on my blog.) I understand some people experience 'bulk' before leaning out, though that did not happen to me. Maybe that's your situation?

What does your rotation look like now?
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 07:20 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
For those who recommend Callanetics, are there particular DVDs you'd recommend? My thighs and glutes are always my problem spots.

Is there a DVD that you'd recommend, Julia?

Yes, there is a quick 10 minute leg series on UTUBE you can add to whatever you are doing. Pilates Side Kick Series by ThrivePilates also check out the one by Coastal Body Studio for form first, that one focuses a bit more on the butt where the Thrivepilates is leg focused. If you do this 5-6 times a week, I promise you will shrihk down in those areas quickly. I do full pilates workouts in rotation to keep my thighs down and abs tight when Im not doing TA as I do squats and kbs for my butt, which also bulks my thighs. Most good solid pilates workouts include the side series.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 08:57 AM  
LeanneM

Tracyso2, I was just thinking that you might want to give Dream Body a try. The workouts are expensive and the fast pace isn't for everyone (so you might want to watch some clips online before buying them), but I've just added them back into my rotation after taking about seven months off from them . . . and I'm dropping weight/inches really quickly . . . esp. in my waist and legs. Last week I only worked out four days instead of my usual five or six, and can still tell that I'm making progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
Yes, there is a quick 10 minute leg series on UTUBE you can add to whatever you are doing. Pilates Side Kick Series by ThrivePilates also check out the one by Coastal Body Studio for form first, that one focuses a bit more on the butt where the Thrivepilates is leg focused. If you do this 5-6 times a week, I promise you will shrihk down in those areas quickly. I do full pilates workouts in rotation to keep my thighs down and abs tight when Im not doing TA as I do squats and kbs for my butt, which also bulks my thighs. Most good solid pilates workouts include the side series.
Thank you so very much, Julia! You're awesome! I just realized after taking a peek at these that the Windsor Legs and Buns DVD has this series on it, too! Yay!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 09:19 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Barre! Barre, one thousand times barre. My thighs are hard as a rock.
I agree. Barre works wonders for the legs.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 02:05 PM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
I did this today after my workout. I'd forgotten about the plethora of free Pilates workouts available on Youtube, so thanks for the heads up.

The side kick series, when done with proper form, really does get into the muscle in a different way. The series can be found on pretty much any complete Pilates mat dvd. I like Alisa Wyatt's Intermediate and Advanced dvds the most.

FYI - for anyone who tries the Thrive Pilates side kick. On the second side they forgot "hot potato" at the end, so you'll want to add it before you go onto the hamstring stretches that they end with. Also, if you are sensitive to voice modulation and cuing (as I am ) this voice over might bug you.
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clam, old thread alert, thigh slimming, thigh toning, thighs