Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-14, 10:37 AM  
tammy

DDP Yoga yes or no

thinking of ordering this. Have been doing running/walking and a little buti workout...but with kids home can't do full buti now with the music...although I love it so maybe back in the fall.

Has anyone tried DDP yoga

Goal is to loose inches and TONE and maybe loose 5-10lbs

Thanks for any feedback.
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 10:58 AM  
geojill

I like DDP yoga. It's not like the yoga I typically do, and does not have that zen feel to me. But I feel great afterward and it's fun. Yes, fun . He's got such a great attitude during teaching, stresses to make it your own and adapt to your needs, and I like when he brings it up into crescent pose and says to come up into "SUPERSTAAARRRR!!!"

Silly, but that part always tickles my funny bone
Old 07-27-14, 11:31 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

It's a solid program and you gain strength with it. I love how it progresses...very methodical. DDP is great, too. Just a positive attitude. I did DDPY from November till about the beginning of May. I should think about getting back to it.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 12:02 PM  
tammy

What would be good to do with this? Running? weights?
Kinda need a plan of action lol

Thanks everyone:-)
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 12:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I agree that it is a good strength building program with good solid instruction. From a yoga standpoint, I think it could do with a little more stretching/flexibility work. I find, for me, it pairs well with cardio - walking, running, hi/lo, step or what ever you like.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 01:35 PM  
Tracyso2

I'd say no. I find him goofy & so many other practices (Rudy, Travis, Bryan, Eoin...) so much more enjoyable & better form pointers.
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 01:36 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I would agree with Pam, that it could use some flexibility practices. It is pure strength. I tried to do the rotation as written, but went to 3X/week alternating with Classical Stretch and my usual walking.

Love DDP, though.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 02:24 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy View Post
thinking of ordering this. Have been doing running/walking and a little buti workout...but with kids home can't do full buti now with the music...although I love it so maybe back in the fall.

Has anyone tried DDP yoga

Goal is to loose inches and TONE and maybe loose 5-10lbs

Thanks for any feedback.
What is your yoga style? Does buti appeal to you bc you prefer no traditional yoga? If the music is an issue couldn't you just do the transformation and YouTube ones for now?

Since I like ddp I say go for it. It's yoga and I like the strength factor. I think the form pointers helped when I started doing ultimate yogi.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 02:46 PM  
dsa3

I say go for it! I have been doing it since November and couple it with walking or barre - occasional weights.

I am enjoying other yoga instructors because of ddp. I have done some kundalini, blissology, bryan kest recently and doing ddp has
improved my form to be able to enjoy other instructors. Just ordered Travis' Short and Sweet as I'd like to try his instruction and I like a 30 minute workout and this dvd has 4 of them.
Actually, the slow pace of ddp is very meditative to me as the music on the dvds is soft and i am not annoyed by his voice. I get into the poses, breath and engage.

. By the way, I have had great results! Even my doc noticed it during my annual check up last week. Leaner, stronger really healthy looking she said and asked what I was doing.
dsa3 is offline   Reply With Quote