Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-15, 01:09 PM  
Michefit

Which Tonique?

Hi everyone - I have been doing TA for almost a year now exclusively. I am still mostly pleased with the results but would like more toning in the upper thigh area - especially the inner thighs. I am afraid almost to deviate from the program and add in squats and other traditional leg exercises (I do bulk in the legs easily) But am just not happy with squishy upper thigh area - no matter what I eat/ do. SO.... I have read lots here about people complementing TA with Tonique - with great results - so I am wondering which one to try?
Can't wait to see your suggestions... thanks
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-15, 01:19 PM  
JulieIL

I had great results adding Tonique to TA. I added Premiere lunges or squats. For my goals of bum/hamstring focus with minimal quad recruitment, I did mostly the lunge portion. I also added BTM ( this is really hard) or Energy Mat. I did Tonique twice a week, & saw results within a few weeks.

To start, I would recommend Premiere, as it's a fabulous add-on at 15-20 minutes. Also, I would highly recommend muting & using your own music- the moves are very easy to follow, & the workout is very repetitive & uses a voiceover for the instructions & comments (fine, but not as charming as Sylwia).

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-15, 01:35 PM  
desie

I have seen TA do some inner thigh work in her Post Pregnancy2, minutes 46 to 49: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lgMXireWh4

And here is a Tonique summer blast from Sylwia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfJ-8UN-zNg
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-15, 04:09 PM  
Michefit

Thanks desie and JulieIL -
JulieIL - this is a great suggestion since I really don't want to add more than 20 minutes to the workout time I am already doing - awesome!

desie - so sweet of you to post the on-line segment - this will give me a chance to try Tonique before I buy anything...

cheers to you both!
Old 01-31-15, 04:54 PM  
andtckrtoo

Any thought of maybe cross training with Yin? She does similar workouts to TA, but she has a lot more strength training of the legs.
Old 01-31-15, 07:54 PM  
prettyinpink

If you can use downloads, Tonique has some shorter ones that are inexpensive.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-15, 07:55 PM  
Michefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Any thought of maybe cross training with Yin? She does similar workouts to TA, but she has a lot more strength training of the legs.
I am not familiar with Yin - I will have to check it out...
Old 01-31-15, 08:40 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
I agree, Chrisitne. Yin is an excellent choice since she was trained by TA. Her workouts are fun and challenging. Yin also knows how to choreograph her stuff.
Old 02-01-15, 09:46 AM  
Michefit

Hi Ladies - I may need more info on Yin - I just tried Google and Mary's website and only Yin Yang yoga came up. Are her workouts yoga based then?
Old 02-01-15, 10:17 AM  
desie

I hope this link works, it's Yin the Zone on vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/yinthezoneexclusive/videos
desie is offline   Reply With Quote