Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-15, 03:25 PM  
Yelly

"You Can't Always Get What Ya Wa-aant" :)

...in my best Mick Jagger voice

"...but if ya try sometime - well, you might find - ya get what ya need"

Okay, everyone knows I'm lusting after the new Tracy streaming. Waa Waa Waa. It's time for me to face the reality that it just isn't possible. Tracy, if you happen to read this little ole post from little ole me, realize that your prices are breaking my heart!

What do you guys do to distract yourself from workouts that you want, but can't have? What I've been doing is reading up on other workouts from older posts on here. I love reading older threads of workouts that I already have, just to re-experience some of that initial excitement!

I've also been stalking the Tonique check-in, and I think I've decided that I am going to refocus my attention on these workouts. I have pretty much every single one (I think), but I'm still scared of some of them. I've decided that as soon as I get over this bloody flu I'm going to just go after all of my virgin Toniques. They have exactly what my body needs, when I think about it - they focus on endurance (always been my weakest quality with working out), cardio (which I also need to build up), and plenty of work for the butt (which I could always use help with).

Please join me and tell me which workouts you want, but you just can't have. And tell me how you distract yourself to "get what ya need!"
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-15, 03:35 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

As soon as I read the title of this thread, I thought, "Physique 57 streaming!!" Their prices absolutely break my heart.

I distract myself with my membership to The Bar Method. Of course, it is more than P57 streaming (but not really THAT much more!) but to me, it's a better use of resources because I'm getting the challenge and form instruction of a live class. There is no way I would pay P57 prices for videos. NO WAY.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-15, 03:37 PM  
PennyK

I have been interested in Hamelin D'Abells stuff. They are also really expensive. There is always something new that keeps me distracted from thinking about it much at least until i read some awesome review!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-15, 03:43 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
As soon as I read the title of this thread, I thought, "Physique 57 streaming!!" Their prices absolutely break my heart.

I distract myself with my membership to The Bar Method. Of course, it is more than P57 streaming (but not really THAT much more!) but to me, it's a better use of resources because I'm getting the challenge and form instruction of a live class. There is no way I would pay P57 prices for videos. NO WAY.
I haven't even looked at P57's streaming prices, and now for sure I won't, ha ha! Hope you enjoy The Bar Method - I think you made a wise choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I have been interested in Hamelin D'Abells stuff. They are also really expensive. There is always something new that keeps me distracted from thinking about it much at least until i read some awesome review!
Oh no Penny, I hate to do this to you, but Hamelin has been saying on Facebook that his workouts are on sale now! (I'm not too familiar with his prices, so I'm not sure which workouts he's referring to.)
http://hamelindabellmethod.tictail.com/
Old 01-30-15, 03:48 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Yelly, P57 is $57/month. They have all the DVDs to stream and 10 streaming-only workouts. Certainly cheaper than TA, but still pretty pricey when you consider there are only 10 workouts available that you can't get on DVD! But no real classes, like TA. That would be so tempting!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-15, 03:53 PM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post

Oh no Penny, I hate to do this to you, but Hamelin has been saying on Facebook that his workouts are on sale now! (I'm not too familiar with his prices, so I'm not sure which workouts he's referring to.)
http://hamelindabellmethod.tictail.com/
You are so funny! Honestly, i don't even own a home computer right now. I'm so not techy so i don't stream or purchase downloads and i actually prefer real dvds. And even when he has sales they still cost more than my budget would allow!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-15, 04:12 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Yelly, P57 is $57/month. They have all the DVDs to stream and 10 streaming-only workouts. Certainly cheaper than TA, but still pretty pricey when you consider there are only 10 workouts available that you can't get on DVD! But no real classes, like TA. That would be so tempting!
Nope, I'm not tempted. Phew, ha ha! For those prices I would definitely expect more than 10 workouts not on dvd. They need to rethink their pricing, imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
You are so funny! Honestly, i don't even own a home computer right now. I'm so not techy so i don't stream or purchase downloads and i actually prefer real dvds. And even when he has sales they still cost more than my budget would allow!
Ha ha, well then your wallet is definitely protected, which is a good thing!! It's far too easy to overspend with such easy access to a computer, that's for sure! This whole streaming thing is exciting to me, but certainly not cheap. And you're right, even with Hamelin's sale prices, they're still incredibly high!
Old 01-30-15, 04:15 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Oh, wait...I just got that - P57/$57 a month....lol! Good thing their name isn't in the triple digits, ha ha
Old 01-30-15, 04:49 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
...in my best Mick Jagger voice

"...but if ya try sometime - well, you might find - ya get what ya need"

Okay, everyone knows I'm lusting after the new Tracy streaming. Waa Waa Waa. It's time for me to face the reality that it just isn't possible. Tracy, if you happen to read this little ole post from little ole me, realize that your prices are breaking my heart!

What do you guys do to distract yourself from workouts that you want, but can't have? What I've been doing is reading up on other workouts from older posts on here. I love reading older threads of workouts that I already have, just to re-experience some of that initial excitement!

I've also been stalking the Tonique check-in, and I think I've decided that I am going to refocus my attention on these workouts. I have pretty much every single one (I think), but I'm still scared of some of them. I've decided that as soon as I get over this bloody flu I'm going to just go after all of my virgin Toniques. They have exactly what my body needs, when I think about it - they focus on endurance (always been my weakest quality with working out), cardio (which I also need to build up), and plenty of work for the butt (which I could always use help with).

Please join me and tell me which workouts you want, but you just can't have. And tell me how you distract yourself to "get what ya need!"
Please come join us in the Tonique check in. I am so still loving Tonique and it's been almost 6 years. We could use another Tonique woman to give us new ideas on how to use the workouts and motivate one another. We would love to have you. 😃😃
Old 01-30-15, 04:59 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Please come join us in the Tonique check in. I am so still loving Tonique and it's been almost 6 years. We could use another Tonique woman to give us new ideas on how to use the workouts and motivate one another. We would love to have you. 😃😃
Aww, thank you Cheryl!! I have been debating it. The thing about check-ins is - even though I love reading them - I am SO horrible at being consistent after I join, even though I know it's exactly what I need to keep me on track! You ladies are very inspiring, and I feel like such a newbie in comparison, but I think I will join you anyhow (as long as you guys don't mind my frequent infrequency, ha ha!)

Tags
tonique, tracy anderson streaming