Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-08, 10:16 AM  
laurajhawk

I just saw a bunch of Tae Bo DVDs at my Ross. Now y'all are making me wish I'd bought some. I can't remember what was there except there were several Boot Camps.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-08, 04:18 PM  
I dream

Ann,

I've just started back into Tae Bo too! I am combining it this time around with Cathe weights and some of her Imaxs. I remeber years ago too, that it was Tae Bo that thinnned and toned the flabby blabby thighs and legs. After reading this thread I am going to try to do two Tae bos per workout to bump up the time to 60 mins or more. I agree with the original list of dvds.

Andrea
I dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 07:25 AM  
suegy3

Is the Celebrity Fit Sculpt any good? I saw it at Ross yesterday.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 06:44 AM  
Lisan1128

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by I dream
Ann,

I've just started back into Tae Bo too! I am combining it this time around with Cathe weights and some of her Imaxs. I remeber years ago too, that it was Tae Bo that thinnned and toned the flabby blabby thighs and legs. After reading this thread I am going to try to do two Tae bos per workout to bump up the time to 60 mins or more. I agree with the original list of dvds.

Andrea
Hi Andrea,

I'm interested in your comment about TaeBo thinning out your thighs. I am a very heavy pear and I have been doing Leslie and trying to incorporate Pilates to thin my thighs, but I am wondering if I need more cardio like TaeBo
Old 07-08-08, 11:32 AM  
annie8

I've been back to Tae Bo for about a month now doing it 3 to 5 days a week and my thighs are definitely starting to thin out. I too, am typically heavier in my thighs, hip and stomach. Tae Bo is also really helping me to thin out my waist even more even though that is not a problem area for me. I have Leslie too but nothing has compared to Tae Bo for me. I have also used T-Tapp for several years so I incorporate her technique into the workouts. Like when you do the horse stance, I stand in a plie the way Teresa Tapp teaches tucking my butt and pushing my knees toward my little toe and it really is effective for the thighs especially the inner thighs. I have the Amped series in which you are in a horse stance for much of the workout while you're working your upper body. Boy, is that a killer on the thighs. I know it's listed as an upper body workout, but I certainly get an awesome lower body because of the stance I use. Since I don't think Billy's warm downs/stretching are enough for me, I add a couple of the stretches from T-tapp.
One more thing worth mentioning, with some non-tae bo workouts, I have felt tired/worn down after doing them. But since I've started tae bo I feel an energy/euphoria when the workout is done that carries me through the day.

I ended up buying many of his new dvd's after only having many of the Live's on VHS and I am pleasantly surprised with the newer workouts. It seems like he slows down a bit in the newer ones so one can work on form more effectively. Since I don't like using the bands, I use those workouts with weights and don't use anything for the lower body and I still get a great workout.

I think it's important to stay consistent to see results. After a month I am just beginning to visibly see results.

Ann
annie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 11:36 AM  
annie8

To suegy3 :

I really like celebrity fit sculpt but did NOT like celebrity fit cardio. The cardio went way to slow for me, I couldn't even consider it a cardio.

Ann
annie8 is offline   Reply With Quote