Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-14, 04:23 PM  
terryboberry

If you can't afford a Bellicon....

what is a good 2nd choice mini-tramp/rebounder?

I am 5'9, and about 175, and 56, if any of that makes a difference

Thanks ~ Terry
terryboberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 04:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

There are a lot of satisfied JumpSport users here at VF and I am one of them, love mine! I used to have a UR and found it harder and much noisier. But I know a couple of people who have a ReboundAir and say they are much quieter than a UR. I have the basic JumpSport: http://www.amazon.com/JumpSport-Fitn...ess+trampoline
It suits me fine and I am 5'6" and 130 lbs, max weight is 250. I usually use it to freestyle jump while I watch tv. I have done rebounder dvds and it's okay, but I do think if you want to do dvds on a regular basis, it might be a bit small.
There are a few VFers who have the bigger models and I am sure they will chime in with their thoughts. I hope to upgrade to a Bellicon at some point, but started off with the JS to be sure I liked it and would use it. The Bellicon is pricey but anyone who has one loves it.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 04:38 PM  
laurajhawk

I love my Jumpsport and I agree it's widely considered (at least on VF) to be the second-best rebounder on the planet. I love mine and haven't had any problem with its size, but I'm only 5'1".

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 06:04 PM  
Fit Gal

I my jumpsport. I'm 5ft 2in..and have the 200 series got it on the Black Friday sale. Best fitness purchase ever
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 06:20 PM  
terryboberry

JumpSport looks good!

Well, this looks unanimous! The JumpSport is recommended as a great 2nd choice!

I am noticing that many gyms have classes that use a mini-tramp/rebounder. I exercise at home so I have not seen their equipment, but these seem sturdy enough for that kind of use.

Does anyone have an idea about 'club' rebounders?
terryboberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 06:22 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I have Jumpsport 350 which I purchased about 3 years ago from Costco and I like it because of its superb quality and the softness of jump, but......the jumping area itself is only about 23-24" in diameter, and even at greatest tension, I found the bounce a bit too soft. I am 5'7 and about 25lbs overweight for my height. I also felt that the jumping area was just not quite large enough for me.

I understand that Jumpsport now makes other models that have a larger jumping area and cost less than Bellicon rebounders. Take a look at those. I think the quality of JS vs. Bellicon is similar.

Having said all that, I splurged and bought 49" Bellicon 2-3 weeks ago with X-tra strong bungee cords, and I am in LOVE! The jumping area is very large and the cords allow for a firm and yet gentle bounce. My Bellicon was expensive, but it cost me less and is much more fun than the treadmill I bought 2 years ago and don't use much.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Dana
Old 09-03-14, 07:39 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Having said all that, I splurged and bought 49" Bellicon 2-3 weeks ago with X-tra strong bungee cords, and I am in LOVE! The jumping area is very large and the cords allow for a firm and yet gentle bounce. My Bellicon was expensive, but it cost me less and is much more fun than the treadmill I bought 2 years ago and don't use much.
Dana, what color combination did you choose for your Bellicon? I like hearing people's different choices. I know pink on pink (pink cords with pink rimmed mat) is popular here. I got black cords with black and pink mat and I love mine.

I can understand people not getting a Bellicon because of the price as I've been there. It took me about a year to save up the $$, putting a bit of money aside here and there as I could. I'm glad I did. You're right about treadmills. So many of them cost an arm and a leg, and for a piece of equipment that has less uses and flexibility than a good quality mini-trampoline. I'd tell people it's worth their while to save up for a Bellicon. But if that isn't a possibility then go for the firmest Jumpsport you can get. Too soft a bounce gets in the way if a person plans to do many types of workouts on their rebounder. I'd want a rebounder firm enough that I could do more than just bounce on it, yet still gentle enough for prolonged bouncing. I have extra strong cords on my Bellicon too and it's perfect.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 07:41 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryboberry View Post
what is a good 2nd choice mini-tramp/rebounder?

I am 5'9, and about 175, and 56, if any of that makes a difference

Thanks ~ Terry
Have you seen this Jumpsport comparison video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZVx_DhRVGw
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 10:32 AM  
horsemom2

Here's my recent blog posts about bungees
http://neverendingplateau.blogspot.c...rebounder.html
http://neverendingplateau.blogspot.c...ng-bungee.html

ETA: the Jumpsport PRO models were designed for gym classes.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 11:21 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Dana, what color combination did you choose for your Bellicon? I like hearing people's different choices. I know pink on pink (pink cords with pink rimmed mat) is popular here. I got black cords with black and pink mat and I love mine.
I got black cords and orange-rimmed mat. Looks great in my workout room! I just got it couple of weeks ago, but I've used it just about every day since. Yes, it was very expensive but my dh gave me some money towards it, and it was really he who finally persuaded me to go for it. I am very, very happy with my Bellicon.