Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-14, 06:22 PM  
Yelly

"Go Flaunt It" has launched

(I also added this post to the Streaming thread)

I'm not sure how many of you remember some talk on VF of a new streaming site in the works called Go Flaunt It, but I just got the following email a few minutes ago from them:

Quote:
Hi Dani,

The first ever online subscription iOS app that enables fitness enthusiasts to create their own workout “playlists” from a variety of fitness DVDs and streamed material, has launched!

“Go Flaunt It” has been dubbed “the iTunes for workouts”. We've created the first ever app to bring together the widest selection of workouts and up to the minute functionality all in one place. We feature the work of some of the most popular and up and coming professional fitness trainers across all genres including kids, pregnancy, seniors, instructional and mainstream. Our carefully and extensively researched content is constantly being updated and is available in a variety of formats to suit our customers, who can select any chapter from an entire DVD or “Fitness Single” library, to create their own customized playlists.

With Go Flaunt It, personalization is key. Selections can also be made based on workout requirements and time constraints to fit in with our customers lifestyles. They can add in rest time and even workout offline. All videos are high quality and streamed through a robust Content Delivery Network (CDN) to mitigate buffering.

Go Flaunt It is the first iOS platform of its kind to offer this smart functionality.

“We simply felt that although there are thousands of fitness DVDs and streaming content available, there was no flexibility in being efficiently and easily able to mix and match specific workouts all in one place, to suit the individual”, explains Brian. “We were inspired by the success of music streaming services, and realized that an app with this power of functionality, which offered unique flexibility tailored to fitness enthusiasts, offered great potential”.

We currently feature trainers from all corners of the globe including the US, UK, Australia, Canada and Mexico. We've currently launched in the US and will soon be expand worldwide.

Our platform can be accessed via any iOS capable device, making it ideal for when our customers are either at home, or on the move. An all-in user membership subscription is $14.99 per month and we're currently offering a free, 7-day trial through our website and the Apple AppStore.

We are investing heavily in growing our content brands and expanding our reach. Exciting times ahead...

Brian

B r i a n K i d d e r

F o u n d e r
G o F l a u n t I t, L L C.

Sounds like a cool concept...HOWEVER - here's a link to the instructors they have so far:
http://www.goflauntittrainers.com/
Although Tapout XT (both 1 and 2), Horizontal Conditioning, and The Firm Classics sounds hopeful, I was really wishing for more known instructors. Hopefully more will hop on board soon. I really, really hope that it is successful though.
If anybody decides to purchase please let us know what you think!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 05:45 PM  
rose2boys

Only available on apple stuff...

FYI: Here is Brian's (very timely) response in re: to Android/PC platforms:

{Thanks for reaching out! Although, we do not the the ability for our customers to access Go Flaunt It via their PC or other tablet devices, this is under development right now. We anticipate within the next month or so we’ll have released our desktop player. It’ll have all the same functions as our iOS app, but at a lower subscription price since the mobility aspects are not needed. Customers that have our ‘Mobile Plan’ will have access to the desktop player as a part of their subscription as an added bonus.

We are also working on tablet support for other devices as well, but this will probably take us until close to the end of the year to roll out.

It was our intention to launch with just the iOS devices so we'd have the opportunity to get customer feedback and then incorporate changes into future developments.

I’d be very interested in hearing your thoughts on what you’d like to see in our desktop player. It’s a whole lot easier to make changes/additions now than after we roll it out.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or even join our mailing list via our main website, for company updates as well.

Happy Friday!

Brian}
Old 09-02-14, 05:55 PM  
dela

Pretty awesome, I'm still not there yet, but this is exactly the concept I would need to bother with streaming once I start needing some new stuff. I also don't use Apple
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 07:42 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2boys View Post
FYI: Here is Brian's (very timely) response in re: to Android/PC platforms:

{Thanks for reaching out! Although, we do not the the ability for our customers to access Go Flaunt It via their PC or other tablet devices, this is under development right now. We anticipate within the next month or so we’ll have released our desktop player. It’ll have all the same functions as our iOS app, but at a lower subscription price since the mobility aspects are not needed. Customers that have our ‘Mobile Plan’ will have access to the desktop player as a part of their subscription as an added bonus.

We are also working on tablet support for other devices as well, but this will probably take us until close to the end of the year to roll out.

It was our intention to launch with just the iOS devices so we'd have the opportunity to get customer feedback and then incorporate changes into future developments.

I’d be very interested in hearing your thoughts on what you’d like to see in our desktop player. It’s a whole lot easier to make changes/additions now than after we roll it out.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or even join our mailing list via our main website, for company updates as well.

Happy Friday!

Brian}
I can't wait until the desktop player becomes available! I didn't realize it will cost less too, so that's cool.
I have such high hopes for this company. They really seem to be thinking of everything, and I love how they're looking for our feedback. I just read that this week they'll be adding a bunch more videos too, so I'm really curious to see what they are.
One suggestion I have for the desktop version is to give the customer the option to turn off the HD setting, in case they have streaming issues. I always appreciate it if a streaming site has that option. Also it would be great if they could work out a deal to be available on the Roku, or something like that, but I don't know what is involved in all of that. It does make streaming much easier though.
Old 09-06-14, 03:36 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I just got an email from Brian saying that next week they will be uploading the DVD collection from Art of Strength (AOS) and Christi Taylor. Also, in addition to the FitPrimes (which are already online, they are starting to upload the rest of the old Firm Classic inventory from Fitness Favorites. At my request, he will have his staff prioritize Vol 1 to 6 (my favorite Firms).

Yelly, like you, I have been most impressed with Brian's responsiveness to suggestions. Very customer oriented. I do hope "Go Flaunt It" is successful.
Old 09-07-14, 03:15 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
I just got an email from Brian saying that next week they will be uploading the DVD collection from Art of Strength (AOS) and Christi Taylor. Also, in addition to the FitPrimes (which are already online, they are starting to upload the rest of the old Firm Classic inventory from Fitness Favorites. At my request, he will have his staff prioritize Vol 1 to 6 (my favorite Firms).

Yelly, like you, I have been most impressed with Brian's responsiveness to suggestions. Very customer oriented. I do hope "Go Flaunt It" is successful.
I'm really excited about those videos being added - Yay!!
I agree - Brian is awesome
Old 09-07-14, 03:24 PM  
kat_b

Looks like there will be loads of great options. Interestingly enough when I hit the facebook icon thinking it would take me to their facebook page it was a share promo and that says "from $7.99 a month."

I'll be waiting for the desktop version, and am hoping that's the pricing for desktop only!
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 03:57 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b View Post
Looks like there will be loads of great options. Interestingly enough when I hit the facebook icon thinking it would take me to their facebook page it was a share promo and that says "from $7.99 a month."

I'll be waiting for the desktop version, and am hoping that's the pricing for desktop only!
Ooh - I really hope that's the price for the desktop version! That's really the one I want to use anyhow, so it'll be even better if it's for that price
Today I just did Yoga in the Garden of Serenity, which is on the app. Oh my goodness - it was SO good. One of the most relaxing, feel-good yoga videos I've ever done!!
Plus, I noticed that they have the vintage Firms up now!
Old 09-08-14, 04:54 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Has he said how he is able to stream all these instructor's workouts? I would imagine that he had to get permission to do so.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 05:07 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Has he said how he is able to stream all these instructor's workouts? I would imagine that he had to get permission to do so.
Good question. I think I read that he does get their permission. He calls or emails them. I think Cathe is the only one who didn't respond to his inquiry.

Cheryl

Tags
go flaunt it, streaming