Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-20, 07:17 PM  
gigi

Re-discovering Peak 10

I am re-discovering Peak 10 and I'm hoping to complete the full 8 week rotation. I bought the on-line program and it comes with the studio workouts as well as all the Peak 10 workouts. The reason I bought it was because I can actually download and keep the workouts. As I progress, I may do a Cathe strength instead of Pure Strength but we'll see. I need a kick in the pants and motivation. I've gained back a lot of weight. There are no gyms near me that I'm interested in joining and I'm very unsure about going to a gym during this Covid pandemic no matter how much they disinfect.

I did Pure Strength yesterday and Pure Cardio today.
Old 08-04-20, 07:24 PM  
Mickey12

Congrats to you on starting with this program. It's tough! I love Michelle though, and the workouts are super fun. Good luck!!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 07:38 PM  
fanofladyvols

I hope you join a check-in if you haven't already! I find these wonderful VFers will help with motivation.
If you ask they will kick you in your pants ever so gently

( My check-in buddies give group hugs more than anything )

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 09:18 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I am re-discovering Peak 10 and I'm hoping to complete the full 8 week rotation. I bought the on-line program and it comes with the studio workouts as well as all the Peak 10 workouts. The reason I bought it was because I can actually download and keep the workouts. As I progress, I may do a Cathe strength instead of Pure Strength but we'll see. I need a kick in the pants and motivation. I've gained back a lot of weight. There are no gyms near me that I'm interested in joining and I'm very unsure about going to a gym during this Covid pandemic no matter how much they disinfect.

I did Pure Strength yesterday and Pure Cardio today.
I picked up the Peakfit system during Mary’s sale. I followed the rotation for the first 4 weeks, then modified a bit. By “modification” I mean that, on occasion, I subbed Cathe’s Cardio Slam and PHA 1 from Strong & Sweaty for the cardio and strength workouts. It was a challenge to keep up with Michelle’s pace while getting familiar with the routines, and those additions/substitutions worked well for me. I’ve gotten through all of the workouts and have been doing them regularly, although not according to the prescribed rotation.

At first, I was frustrated with the set. So fast-paced and so choreographed - even the cooldowns, flexibility and core workouts had a choreographed pace to them. I also hate the constant whooping by people off-screen - very ANNOYING! I almost returned them, but then summoned my patience, and now I can say I really like them. The whooping continues to vex me, but now I am familiar enough with them to modify where needed and still get a good workout. I’m always a sweaty mess at the end.

Even though I have the original system, I have thought about getting the new program that includes the sequels (More and Remixes) and the Studio workouts. I’d love to know how they compare to the original system.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 10:10 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
I picked up the Peakfit system during Mary’s sale. I followed the rotation for the first 4 weeks, then modified a bit. By “modification” I mean that, on occasion, I subbed Cathe’s Cardio Slam and PHA 1 from Strong & Sweaty for the cardio and strength workouts. It was a challenge to keep up with Michelle’s pace while getting familiar with the routines, and those additions/substitutions worked well for me. I’ve gotten through all of the workouts and have been doing them regularly, although not according to the prescribed rotation.

At first, I was frustrated with the set. So fast-paced and so choreographed - even the cooldowns, flexibility and core workouts had a choreographed pace to them. I also hate the constant whooping by people off-screen - very ANNOYING! I almost returned them, but then summoned my patience, and now I can say I really like them. The whooping continues to vex me, but now I am familiar enough with them to modify where needed and still get a good workout. I’m always a sweaty mess at the end.

Even though I have the original system, I have thought about getting the new program that includes the sequels (More and Remixes) and the Studio workouts. I’d love to know how they compare to the original system.
I actually have all the DVD's but I don't have a DVD player right now. I used to do the whole 5 disc DVD player with up to 5 DVD's and program my own workouts. I was somewhat familiar with Peak 10 from years before when I did them. For some reason they are clicking with me more now than before.

I have not done the More and Remixes yet but if I remember correctly, they are very similar but just give some variety to the program.

I may find myself subbing CS for the core and/or dynamic flexibility.

The studio workouts I'm a little meh about. I like the timer on the original Peak 10 as it give me a visual for how much longer.

I don't mind the whooping as it is pretty mild in the background.

I may find myself subbing Cathe, at least for the strength workout. She's my favorite instructor that I go back to again and again.
Old 08-04-20, 10:11 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I hope you join a check-in if you haven't already! I find these wonderful VFers will help with motivation.

Thank you! I used to be a very active member on Cathe's forum and this one as well.
Old 08-04-20, 10:12 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Thank you! I used to be a very active member on Cathe's forum and this one as well. I am on a stay-cation but go back to work on Thursday. I turned 50 today and am more determined to continue being active.
Old 08-04-20, 10:13 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Congrats to you on starting with this program. It's tough! I love Michelle though, and the workouts are super fun. Good luck!!

Kim
Thank you! I take extra breaks to suck in air right now. For some reason I'm very motivated by Peak 10 at this time.

Tags
michelle dozois, peak 10